Thread: mods for my car

black
    2001 Camaro SS

mods for my car

i messed up the last thread but here, i got my 01 ss and i was gonna do headers, cut off the cat, and put a flowmaster on it for my senior project. theres some problems with that though
    1. the car is so clean i dont really wanna take a wrench to it.
    2. it makes a lot of noise already and the neighbors have security waiting on me every day on my route home from school. they have made calls to my parents and stuff too. (and i swear to god i'm not speeding, at least not more than 5 over, the car just attracts attention) so that bein said i cant really have the car making too much more noise

so i'm wondering what a good mod for my project is that isnt real expensive, can be done by me but is a decent amount of work, and it is a good mod that doesnt bring more attention to the car. also i wanna know if theres a cat back exhaust that doesnt make too much noise that i could buy, hoping maybe borla i read about an adjustable one

Awaiting Activation
    i have the adjustable borla and love it. Its fairly loud with no plate in it, but nothing out of control. With the fully closed plate in its a decent amount quieter.

I would also recommend checking out magnaflow. Its like a cheaper borla. It would be perfect for you because its real quiet when you drive slow/ not on throttle hard. Then it gets loud when you pounce on it. So you could quietly sneak past the neightbors.

check out LS1sounds.com to see what ya like

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

first, off tell your neighbors to get bent. hell if i were you, i personally would be fucking with them like i did with my old neighbor before i moved out of state.

second, get headers and a catted y-pipe, so in the event you are pulled over you are at least running an emissions legal setup so they won't tow/impound your car (catted y-pipes only take off about 5rwhp).

third, don't go with flowmaster. if you have the money for Borla, go for it, if not get Magnaflow cat-back system.

finally, LT's/catted y-pipe, and Magnaflow cat-back will give you a very pleasing sound and HP/TQ gains, and just the right sound to dick with your anal neighbors. Oh, watch your speed. I'm all about dicking with people, as long as I'm within the laws. Trust me, you would be amazed at what you can get away with, when done legally...hahaha
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

This is how I got around the loud exhaust in the neighborhood. LT's, 3" custom Y into a 3" elec cutout. When the cutout is closed the exhaust flows thru the stock muffler so it's pretty quiet when I'm off the throttle. Still has a healthy sound at WOT though. Wanna make noise and annoy others to no end: Open the cutout. Opening cutout is also good for an extra 15 or so ponies and about the same in rwt.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

i feel the sameway. My neighbors are already going nuts over a stock catback, thats y i cant get LT's.

black
    shit my neighbors call the cops when i drive down the street with my stock bose system on high volume. i was working on mine last month and had to keep starting the car like 5 times and letting it run for a minute in between starts and cops came to my house for that and I actually got ARRESTED for PEACE DISTURBANCE. since when do you go to jail for peace disturbance at 1:00 in the afternoon for starting your car because your working on it. i have never heard of that. oh yeah and i had to pay 200 dollars to get out. aint that some stuff.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

and your neighbors called the cops on you? you guys must have some gay ass people on your street. I'd take a shit on whoever did that's doorstep if that happened to me!

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

also, who makes a LT's and catted Y pipe setup? how much?

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by socmninja View Post
    also, who makes a LT's and catted Y pipe setup? how much?
    lots of companies - such as: pacesetter, kooks, qtp, dynatech.

Thread Information