Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Mileage check!!!!

This is a discussion on Mileage check!!!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by snlrulez 2000 SS - Driven it daily since mile number 3 now on mile number 123k. Mods: ...

Pewter
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by snlrulez View Post
    2000 SS - Driven it daily since mile number 3 now on mile number 123k.
    Mods:
    SFCs
    STB
    lid, filter, bellow, maf
    LT headers
    High Flow Cats
    True Dual Xpipe Exhaust
    600 Watt Pioneer Amp
    10" Type R Sub
    Stage 3 Clutch

Have to put on just gotta get the springs:
    Koni Shocks F&R
    BMR Panhard
    BMR LCA

Problems/replaced:
    Crappy monsoon stock speakers.
    Alternator
    Leaking Rear Main Seal

Obviously replaced: plugs, wires, battery.

Love the car and still gladly drive her.
    What did u replace the speakers with?? I have the monsoon system and my front 2 speakers are goin bad. I can get a great deal on brand new speakers from a connect i got, question is will 600watt speakers sound like crap with my stock system.

Hugger Orange
    '99 Hugger SS

'99 Hugger Orange SS. 24,000 miles. Just added a HSW dry kit. No problems yet.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by DVrec21 View Post
    What did u replace the speakers with?? I have the monsoon system and my front 2 speakers are goin bad. I can get a great deal on brand new speakers from a connect i got, question is will 600watt speakers sound like crap with my stock system.

There is only one direct replacement for the front door speakers and that is the Infinity 62.7i. They are no longer made. See heres the problem. Your front door speakers are already made by the factory monsoon amp which runs at 2 ohm. Those Front door speakers are also running separate tweeters and 6.5' speakers. So the choices are limited these days. Try to find the 62.7i and keep what your doing. Or go ahead and upgrade everything. Which is what I did just because the factory monsoon amp already clips the sail panel speakers reguardless. I actually have a 1000 watt crunch amp powering my front doors and sail panel speakers and I use the head units power to power my rear speakers. I have bass blockers on the rear speakers and I have the 1000 watt crunch amp bass blocking the front speakers and taking a huge amount of bass out of the sail panel speakers as well. Pretty much all of my bass comes out of the Alpine Type R sub. If you do go the route of doing a whole new system I'd recommend getting a Cap and looking at doing a battery removal mod (aka taking the battery from the front to the trunk).

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

A side note, the reason I recommend the Cap is because I ran without one for years and I believe that is what caused my alternator to go.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

02 WS6 just hit 50,000 miles over the weekend. It had 37,000 in Sept 09 when I bought it. I just realized how much I've been driving it! 1300 miles per month, about 40 miles a day!! I have 2 cars. And I work at home! Where am I driving??

Silver
    2002 Camaro Z28

Addicting. Isn't it....

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

These cars are made to be driven... I think a great question is if you could change one thing from the factory what would it be? (ie a different stereo system, rear end, heads, etc).

If I could change one thing from the factory it would have to be either the rear end or crappy exhaust manifolds. It would be nice if these cars came stock with at least a 12 bolt and some cheap headers. Or if I'm really dreaming, a 9" and a set of pacesetters! lol.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by mcnoskyimages View Post
    Addicting. Isn't it....
    Hell yeah!

These cars are made to be driven...
    Amen, brother. When I'm bored or stressed I find an excuse to drive somewhere for relaxation. I guess that's where my miles are coming from!

If I could change one thing from the factory it would have to be either the rear end or crappy exhaust manifolds. It would be nice if these cars came stock with at least a 12 bolt and some cheap headers. Or if I'm really dreaming, a 9" and a set of pacesetters! lol.
    Yeah I always wonder how/why beancounters decide what parts to go cheap on. I know "you have to draw the line somewhere" and "a few bucks here and there add up" and all that. But still, seems like a few hundred bucks more coulda delivered a much better vehicle. Maybe it falls under the generic "not too close to the Corvette" policy...

pewter
    1999 camaro ss #4288

1999 camaro - bought in may of 2002 with 26k miles. just rolled 46,533 today.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Hell yeah!

Amen, brother. When I'm bored or stressed I find an excuse to drive somewhere for relaxation. I guess that's where my miles are coming from!

Yeah I always wonder how/why beancounters decide what parts to go cheap on. I know "you have to draw the line somewhere" and "a few bucks here and there add up" and all that. But still, seems like a few hundred bucks more coulda delivered a much better vehicle. Maybe it falls under the generic "not too close to the Corvette" policy...
    I agree. I'm just glad they decided to put the $$$ into the engine, instead of a stout differential and only a 260 HP engine. My car now has just over 92K:

Picutres taken this morning, at the abandoned insane asylum for the state of Indiana, it was used until the early 70s I believe. Kinda scary place, wonder how many lobotomies took place there....

Royal pain in the.... Phantom2kz's Avatar

2001 Z-28 A4 NBM
    2002 35th anni SS M6#1696

have 76k on the 02 #35th anni SS, faster then new
    wifey has 68k on her NBM 01 Z-28, bone stock,
    I would take either one on a road trip right now. run strong.
    Slower Traffic Keep Right...........

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Hell yeah!

Yeah I'm the same way. Take an hour drive on the interstate with the ttops out and I feel great!

I would settle for a cheap factory set of headers with a decent y pipe. I mean the exhaust manifolds are bad enough. But that factory Y pipe, what was GM thinking!!!! lol

I truly think the factory monsoon system is a decent FACTORY system I just wish they had stayed with 4 ohm speakers. The 4th Gen monsoon was a big upgrade over the 3rd gen factory system.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I would settle for a cheap factory set of headers with a decent y pipe. I mean the exhaust manifolds are bad enough. But that factory Y pipe, what was GM thinking!!!! lol

I truly think the factory monsoon system is a decent FACTORY system I just wish they had stayed with 4 ohm speakers. The 4th Gen monsoon was a big upgrade over the 3rd gen factory system.
    I agree with your thoughts about the Monsoon. I am still run it except for a couple 10" subs that I put in when the factory sail panel subs died. Now it is plenty loud with the bass it needed.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    I agree with your thoughts about the Monsoon. I am still run it except for a couple 10" subs that I put in when the factory sail panel subs died. Now it is plenty loud with the bass it needed.
    Oh yeah my subs are cracked. I have the bass turned all the way down. Luckily I mostly just listen to sports radio so I'm not missing much I guess...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

108k on my 99 SS. I just got it last week so no issues so far

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

98,599 on my 98 trans am ...got her with 56k on the clock...3 years ago
    Last edited by shady milkman; 07-08-2010 at 05:51 AM.
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

2002, SS

37,000 miles

3 window motor replacements, both doors. Roof bubbles, repaired once, have returned. Blown monsoon speakers (replaced).

LS1 runs perfect.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Update from when I last posted in here:

2002 Special 35th Anniversary Edition SS - almost 19,000 now. No issues.

1996 Camaro 3.8L Series II - 209,500 miles (has intake leak, otherwise runs well)

2008 Impala LTZ - 44,650 miles. No issues.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

rolled 60k yesterday.... :-(

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

Oh yeah my subs are cracked. I have the bass turned all the way down. Luckily I mostly just listen to sports radio so I'm not missing much I guess...
    LOL same here...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread Information