In the market for a Z28, advice please!

Hello guys... new guy here. I am looking to get into a Z28. I am looking at 2000 Z28 with 77K miles on it and a clean carfax. It has power everything, ttops, and leather interior. Sticker price is $9,990 and is at a dealer.

I would like to know is that a fair price for a 2000 with that mileage? If the car is to my liking, what should I offer for the car?

Thanks so much in advance!

Awaiting Activation
    yes i would say that is a good price for that car. I would offer him $9000 then they will haggle a little and you should be able to get it for like $9500.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

my experiance with dealer ship is they will lower the car price 2 grand. When i went with my mom helping her find her a vehicle, 3-5 dealerships gave up 2 grand off the sticker price. You'll should be able to get at least 1 grand for less for sure. Sounds like a good deal, don't forget to ask them for a 2 grand drop see if they bite.

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

www.nada.com

and sounds like a killer price to me.
    my 98 Z28 at nada.com w/ 87.5k is $10,250 excellent condition.
    If I was in the market i'd offer them $8,500 out the door everything included.

Guy said I could take his Z28 with 83K miles on it off his hands for 7,400 bucks. Car has a clean carfax report. He told me however I there were three things wrong with the car 1) Right passenger window motor dead 2) Small tear in driver's side leahther set 3) Driver's window off center a little.....I am waiting for a friend to get back with me about the condition of the car, but assuming all checks out.... should I pull the trigger??

He opened with 7,400.... What should I counter with?
    Last edited by tab10; 09-06-2006 at 11:19 PM.

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

sounds like a steal..
    all used cars have their problems, if the owner wants to tell you or not.

the problems with this car sound small, pull trigger.
    tell em $7,000 cash. $7,400 is a steal IMO.

1970 Fbody

Quote Originally Posted by ferocity View Post
    my experiance with dealer ship is they will lower the car price 2 grand. When i went with my mom helping her find her a vehicle, 3-5 dealerships gave up 2 grand off the sticker price. You'll should be able to get at least 1 grand for less for sure. Sounds like a good deal, don't forget to ask them for a 2 grand drop see if they bite.
    It all depends on how much the dealership has in the car. They may have had to give him close to blue book for the trade and even took a slight loss to get it through inspection. They wouldn't budge then. If they raped him then there is room to play.

Red
    2000 SS

Quote Originally Posted by tab10 View Post
    Guy said I could take his Z28 with 83K miles on it off his hands for 7,400 bucks. Car has a clean carfax report. He told me however I there were three things wrong with the car 1) Right passenger window motor dead 2) Small tear in driver's side leahther set 3) Driver's window off center a little.....I am waiting for a friend to get back with me about the condition of the car, but assuming all checks out.... should I pull the trigger??

He opened with 7,400.... What should I counter with?
    GM power window motors suck.........i've already replaced my drivers side motor twice.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Sounds like a good area for a used Z28. In 2002 I bought my 2002 Z28 with 1,500 miles on it from a GM dealer for $18,000 with every option available except the SS package and traction control. Even ad the ground effects, 12 disc changer, chrome wheels, leather, t tops, a4 etc.. The LS1 is a very reliable motor and easily should go over 130k miles without a problem as long as normal oil changes etc are done. Little things like window motor can be a pain, but is a cheap fix and your not going to find anything period that will perform like the f body cars in the same price used now. I've never broke a thing on my car, ran mid 12's all last year and never missed a single test and tune or CCC et drags. Never took the car in for any repairs(never used the warranty once), even my window motors are great. I have close to 40k and the car is as good as the day I bought it. I was trying to talk my wife into a used SS, so I could have the SS and she could have the Z28, but she is 5 foot tall and the Camaro isn't easy to see out of when your that short and seats etc are not adjustable like some cars. So she bought a 06 chrysler 300 with the Adjustable peddles and steering wheel and I have been driving it more to keep the miles off the Z28.

Thread Information