View Poll Results: Manual or Automatic???

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Automatic

45 25.28%
  • Manual

106 59.55%
  • BOTH

27 15.17%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Manual or Automatic???

well I wanna know what all of you think... do you rather have Manual or Automatic... I myself own a automatic Z28... but I'm pretty sure I'd give it up in an instance for a Manual one... but what do you guys think about the subject?
    Mods: SLP Air Lid w/ KN, Free-Mods, LS6 Manifold, Magnaflow, Headers, EFILive
    Visuals: Angel eyes, rear eurolights and T/A rims
    Suspension: Eibach ProKit, UMI Adj. Panhard, SFC's, LCA Relocation brakets, KYB AGX shocks

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...28/1999/23674/

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Well, right now I'm looking for a F-Body, and I'm going for an auto.

I used to have a '98 Formula M6, I searched high and low for that car.

The M6 was great, but just not for me. I never mastered it, and never felt 100% comfortable driving the car.

It WAS fun at times, and was great on gas, but alot of the time it just felt like a chore.

There are pros and cons to both, but it all boils down to personal preference.

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

It WAS fun at times, and was great on gas, but alot of the time it just felt like a chore.

There are pros and cons to both, but it all boils down to personal preference.[/QUOTE]

+1

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

I like either but the auto is convenient as hell. If not a daily driver, M6 is the way to go. But for stop and go traffic a4 is the tits.

constant modder councelor hissin'98's Avatar

Black '98 Z/28 M6
    H/C/Turbo....why?

There is nothing better than rowing my own gears. It makes me really feel intouch with the car. I've also been in some fast cars with autos but it just doesn't give me the same satisfaction.
    Black 98 Z28 M6
    HTC STS Turbo::ETP 225 11* Heads::Comp Cam::Moser 9::UMI stuff

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by hissin'98 View Post
    There is nothing better than rowing my own gears. It makes me really feel intouch with the car. I've also been in some fast cars with autos but it just doesn't give me the same satisfaction.
    Agree, nothing like shifting through all six gears.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

my parents only buy auto, so I've never driven a manual. :/ but I hear it's fun, but a chore. Auto is all I've ever known, so it's fine for me.

Road Race Addict

White
    1999 Firebird Formula

It depends on what your goals are with the car. For drag racing and just cruising. I'll take and auto everytime. For Autocross or road racing give me a stick.
    The M6 gets great gas milage with 5th and 6th both being overdrives. I got over 28mpg on a 400 mile trip. In hilly terrain and driving 75 to 80 mph.

White
    1998 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up Manual

THERE AINT NOTHING LIKE A MANUAL MAN,AUTOMATIC IS ARYTE BUT IT GETS BORING AS HELL,IF U RACE,MANUAL,BECUASE WHEN UR RACING SOMEONELSE U CAN PROVE THAT UR A BETTER DRIVER DEPENDING HOW FAST U SHIFT,IDK MAN BUT I SIMPLY PREFER MANUAL NO MATTER WHAT.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

^ Uh, ok. But please unlock the caps button next time. Otherwise it looks like you're shouting.

Personally I prefer an automatic. Much more consistant when drag racing.

White
    1998 Camaro Z28

well yea i guess it depends on a person but when it comes down to high performance car y get an automatic?if i dont know how to drive stick i suggest you learn,hella more fun to drive.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

i bought my 02 ss w/o knowing how to drive stick. i had the guy who we bought it from drive it to my house for me (luckily he lived about 20 mins away). then since no one in my family knew how to drive stick i had my friends mom teach me over the course of a weekend lol but it's been about 1.5 years since then and now i'm 100% confident driving the car and woudn't trade it for anything automatic....except maybe a brand new C6 vette

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I'm farely capable with Manual... It's just simply imposible to find a M6 here in PR... so I had to go with Auto. but I think I would handle it quite well... haven't met a Manual Car I couldn't drive... FAST...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by camarossf650 View Post
    well yea i guess it depends on a person but when it comes down to high performance car y get an automatic?if i dont know how to drive stick i suggest you learn,hella more fun to drive.
    I'm quite capable of driving a stick. I used to race with a 4-speed back in the day (70's - 80's). I just prefer an automatic. With today's computers (and the programability of shift points, line pressure, etc) they're much more consistant.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Both have their pros and cons. Having one of each would be the best of both worlds. Debating which one is better than the other is like debating blonds or brunettes. There is no universally correct answer.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Here is my opinion on it:
    A4-better for drag racing, easy to launch, stall converters are cheap and really wake up the car. Easier on stock rear also. Don't have to think about drving or mastering clutch on hills etc.
    M6-Much better top end gearing-better mpg-M6 is strong if right clutch, but the clutch is not cheap. More fun to drive since you have more control.

I have a A4, but always had manuals until the Z28..had foot surgery so the M6 was out of the question. I do miss the control I had with the manual cars, but launching at the track with the A4 is super easy. If my car never seen the track then a M6 might be my choice if my foot wasn't full of screws.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

muscle type cars (mustangs/camaros) should have never been made with v6's and they should have made more manuals.

It aint muscle unless its manual.....for drag racing and traffic, a auto maybe, but i would still take a manual anyday.....besides, who likes driving a nice car in heavy stop and go traffic w/a bunch of crazy drivers???

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

I have a M6 and I love it. So much fun to drive, if you have one you know what I'm talking about. But if your looking for constant times at the track your better bet would be to go with the A4.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

The six speed makes racing so much more fun and involing than just hitting the gas and letting the car do all of the work, in my opinion.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I bought a 1999 SS Camaro in 2001 with an auto. I got anxious about finding one, and settled for the A4. WORSE mistake ever! I hated it!!! I constantly kicked myself in the ass for not waiting to find a M6. I usually "manually" shifted it anyway. Divorce mandated sale of all assests in Calif. Bye bye SS Camaro. Fast forward to 2006, New wife, and I were shopping for a car for our daughter, was test driving a 240SX when we spotted a sweet black SS Camaro. Told the salesman we'd be right back, the Camaro was on someone else's lot! lol...I went up, looked inside..and found a Hurst shifter smiling back at me! The rest, as they say, is history. I'd NEVER consider owning a A4 again. No disrespect to all you guys out there with A4's..it's just not for me. Bought her a Cobalt...so she was happy too!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information