Thread: Lucky friend

Red
    1979 MALIBU, SBC T56.

Angry Lucky friend

I have a friend that I've known for my whole life and while I don't believe in luck he has something. Here's what I mean. A couple years ago he finds a 89 CRX hatchback needing a clutch. (FREE) He spends like $600 on parts and a new engine, he sells it on ebay for $2750. Then he gets a a deal on a 92 accord with a few hundred thousand miles ( around 200) for 500 bucks and sells it after a mutual friend paints it and sold it for $2300. He also helped another friend restore a 73 camaro and after putting around 6k in it it sold for over $12,000. They split the profit. I could go on but his latest score is just crazy. He finds out about a guy with a 99 M6 camaro for sale. It's got a new built LS motor, long tubes, custom EGR system that functions but limits the oil consumption common with these cars. Also high dollar heads with comp springs and a radical cam/lifter package (unsure of make) re flashed ecm to accommodate all the mods and he bought it for, ......are you ready?.......It needs a valve spring replaced and some small stuff for....., here it comes....$3750.00 It has a ton of stuff done to it and he is going to send me pics soon. Don't ya hate people like that?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by kensz28 View Post
    I have a friend that I've known for my whole life and while I don't believe in luck he has something. Here's what I mean. A couple years ago he finds a 89 CRX hatchback needing a clutch. (FREE) He spends like $600 on parts and a new engine, he sells it on ebay for $2750. Then he gets a a deal on a 92 accord with a few hundred thousand miles ( around 200) for 500 bucks and sells it after a mutual friend paints it and sold it for $2300. He also helped another friend restore a 73 camaro and after putting around 6k in it it sold for over $12,000. They split the profit. I could go on but his latest score is just crazy. He finds out about a guy with a 99 M6 camaro for sale. It's got a new built LS motor, long tubes, custom EGR system that functions but limits the oil consumption common with these cars. Also high dollar heads with comp springs and a radical cam/lifter package (unsure of make) re flashed ecm to accommodate all the mods and he bought it for, ......are you ready?.......It needs a valve spring replaced and some small stuff for....., here it comes....$3750.00 It has a ton of stuff done to it and he is going to send me pics soon. Don't ya hate people like that?
    Careful. We might think you're turnin green.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by kensz28 View Post

how many miles? that might no be that great of a deal. I have always found that a used car is always someone elses problem. but if everything else is sound, he could have made out like a bandit. sounds like a good start for a track car

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

I have one of those friends myself....

Red
    1979 MALIBU, SBC T56.

The car has 120k the motor has around 10k on it. The interior is spotless, no cracks in the dash, and body perfect he says. I forget what the problem is exactly but something about the comp cam valve springs in it messed up. Apparently comp is no longer selling them due to the defect.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

ummm, I've had a few good experiences like that...

Got a '76 Dodge Dart for $100, friend crashed it and gave me $500 'cos it was junk after that (that's after a small fender bender that the other drivers insurance gave me about $500) ... profit ~$900

Got a '81 Buick for free and sold it for $500 after a bit of work ... profit $350

Got a '95 Toyota 4x4 pickup for $800 (well I did some labor work for my m.i.l. and she bought it for me from her co-worker) ... put new wheels/tire along the way and sold it for $3500 ... profit ~$3000

Got a Kawi Ninja600 for $350 and traded it after some work for two sets of wheels/tires (Welds and stock). Sold the wheels/tires for about $800 so profit ~$350

lol, I've been lucky ... not recently though...

But that Camaro sounds NICE!

black
    99 z28 a4

i bought an 85 buick skyhawk ttype rust bucket ugly winter car for 500 drove it for 2 years beat the hell outta it got rear ended and insurance payed me 2600 for it and i kept the salvage pryed the quarter back and drove it for an other year and its sitting at my grandmothers house were im about to junk it and get an other 50-125 outta it...lol plus the gas i saved over my 91 rs

Thread Information