Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LT4 SS on Ebay

This is a discussion on LT4 SS on Ebay within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by rc74racer There were only 3XX convertible SSs made in 99. Only 76 I believe had a 6spd ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    There were only 3XX convertible SSs made in 99. Only 76 I believe had a 6spd and of those maybe 10% were red with neutral top and interior. So I have what is most likely one of maybe 10 SS 6spd verts with that color combo which makes it very rare. I have an SLP production sheet at home somewhere with all the exact numbers for SSs. Now and I'LL SAY THIS AGAIN I AM NOT COMPARING THE VALUE OR COLLECTIBILTY OF MY CAR TO AN LT4SS.
    I think everyone on here can brake down the production numbers so far to make there car rare. My SS is navy blue metallic and has an auto tranny, tan lather, chrome 10 spoke, dual-dual exhaust, and no tcs, 12 disk changer, or rear defroster. Now that makes my car rare also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

shit Bevenue, we have some rare cars. haha

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

the 1997 Camaro SS with the LT4 under the hood is the closest thing to a COPO Camaro we've had in twenty years! All the baloney with interior color combos, audio combos, and paint colors is just hairsplitting, and no one cares unless its 40 years old! But popping the hood on your SS and finding an original equipment LT4 is as close to automotive nirvana as a fourth gen enthusiast can get! Unless GM put out 14 2002 Camaro SSs with an LS6 and you found one for $20,000, you wont find a more rare 4th gen powertrain, and that is the whole point! When an engine is only sold in a handful of cars, that makes those vehicles exponentially more desirable than some random LS1 SS that happens to have an options list that only 10 people wanted! Its comparing apples to oranges!!!

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

oh and never underestimate the Gen II, i've seen some crazy performance out of those engines!!! if you underestimate the platform, you are a prime candidate for a nice embarassing pimp slapping when you get cocky against one at the stoplight. I hope i get to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    the 1997 Camaro SS with the LT4 under the hood is the closest thing to a COPO Camaro we've had in twenty years! All the baloney with interior color combos, audio combos, and paint colors is just hairsplitting, and no one cares unless its 40 years old! But popping the hood on your SS and finding an original equipment LT4 is as close to automotive nirvana as a fourth gen enthusiast can get! Unless GM put out 14 2002 Camaro SSs with an LS6 and you found one for $20,000, you wont find a more rare 4th gen powertrain, and that is the whole point! When an engine is only sold in a handful of cars, that makes those vehicles exponentially more desirable than some random LS1 SS that happens to have an options list that only 10 people wanted! Its comparing apples to oranges!!!
    You hit the nail on the head.

oh and never underestimate the Gen II, i've seen some crazy performance out of those engines!!! if you underestimate the platform, you are a prime candidate for a nice embarassing pimp slapping when you get cocky against one at the stoplight. I hope i get to see it.
    Again this is very true,,,there are plenty of modded LT1's that are plenty quick. Around my area there are a couple that run high 10's at 130 mph with stroker LT1's and they are naturally asperated 6 speed cars that are driven on the street. Nothing to sneeze at for sure.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

WELL SAID!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information