Thread: Ls2

Ls2

Hey i was wondering if you guys have already attempted an LS2 swap in the 4th gen camaros?

it seams like it would be a straight foward swap. can anyone give me some pointers cause im thinking baout doing this myself. more power same gas milage?????? hell yeah!!!!

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by TheDouche
    Hey i was wondering if you guys have already attempted an LS2 swap in the 4th gen camaros?

it seams like it would be a straight foward swap. can anyone give me some pointers cause im thinking baout doing this myself. more power same gas milage?????? hell yeah!!!!
    its been done already...if you get a long block assembly..that is all you need I believe.

naw im not talking long bloack im talking the complete motor with 90mm throttle body and all. has anyone done that?

so whats that do as far as performance and milage? does it get the same milage and performance as the current ls2 in the vettes?

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by TheDouche
    naw im not talking long bloack im talking the complete motor with 90mm throttle body and all. has anyone done that?

so whats that do as far as performance and milage? does it get the same milage and performance as the current ls2 in the vettes?

well...all things being equal...the vette is lighter..so it should get the best mileage. the goat is the heaviest...gets the worst. The fbody would be in the middle. I wouldn't being doing this for mpg though... cause your only gonna get as good of gas mileage as you drive it..ie.flooring it all the time and such. you'd have to swap you tb cause we can't use drive by wire. Performance would be pretty decent...it'll run inbetween what the vette and goats run stock.

Mag Red
    '98 C5

I would just get a 402 rotating assembly to stick in mine...nothing more than a stroked LS2

Thread Information