Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Ls1 vs New Mustang

This is a discussion on Ls1 vs New Mustang within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by secondgearscratch i guess what im asking is, should i be beating a gt that is cammed, intaked, ...

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i guess what im asking is, should i be beating a gt that is cammed, intaked, and exhausted?
    a mustang gt? not a new one with all those mods. an older version it's a driver's race.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    try to keep the shifting withing the power band shift at hight rpms 5500 and try to stay as close to 4500-5500 as possible. that's where the power is,
    in terms of solving your dillema I'm not sure I understand what the issue at hand is? reiterate the issue so I can understand better.
    well, i tend to short shift alot because im so paranoid that im gonna break something. say i shift around 4000 in one gear but then the next i'll ride up to 5000 or so. im sporatic man. my issue is i figured that i would be getting beaten by my same year car with exhaust and gears, and i did, once. i figured a modded gt would beat me, but that was (im sorry) a joke. i figured that a gto m6 since it has the (supposed) hp increase (2004 vs. 2000 ls1) would walk me. i know there is a weight difference, but.... i am just confused because i would think that even if a driver isnt equal to another if he had 30 extra pound feet and 4:10s he would be able to compensate. School me please

Thumbs up

I beat a stock 04gto with my stock '99 ls1, weight 400lbs extra on gto is equal roughly 40rwhp advantage for you...also don't be sporadic in shifting,
    you don't wanna shift too soon like 4000rpm because you loose power, shift after 5500 like 5700 every time. and finally whoever has the better reaction in shift and pedals if it's a drivers race.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Thumbs up

I beat a stock 04gto with my stock '99 ls1, weight 400lbs extra on gto is equal roughly 40rwhp advantage for you...also don't be sporadic in shifting,
    you don't wanna shift too soon like 4000rpm because you loose power, shift after 5500 like 5700 every time. and finally whoever has the better reaction in shift and pedals if it's a drivers race.
    will do man, thanks. holy shit, i just saw that you have a stroked ls2. let me hear about it please. heads? cams? exhaust? what do you run? who did the work? i assume you did. what products did you go with and anything else you wanna say.

got all those mods in my sig plus new 402 ls2 stroker motor, g5x3 cam, 3000 stall, LG Motorsports did my build up, a pro vette shop, they are actually vendor/sponsors on this site www.lgmotorsports.com if you wanna check them out, in Wylie TX. 15k for motor build up, 5k for supporting mods, full exhaust, new suspension , 3,73 gears.

Pewter
    2000 z28

got all those mods in my sig plus new 402 ls2 stroker motor, g5x3 cam, 3000 stall, LG Motorsports did my build up, a pro vette shop, they are actually vendor/sponsors on this site www.lgmotorsports.com if you wanna check them out, in Wylie TX. 15k for motor build up, 5k for supporting mods, full exhaust, new suspension , 3,73 gears.
    damn, thats incredible. i need sfc and then exhaust. ive decided to go headers into an x pipe with twin cut outs, a true dual system essentially. i want a h/c package so badly but im pretty novice in my understanding of good matches bc i dont fully understand lift and how lobe seperation comes into play. got any suggestions on the route i should take. BTW, i probably wont be farming any of the work out, as im poor and i like this kind of torture.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    damn, thats incredible. i need sfc and then exhaust. ive decided to go headers into an x pipe with twin cut outs, a true dual system essentially. i want a h/c package so badly but im pretty novice in my understanding of good matches bc i dont fully understand lift and how lobe seperation comes into play. got any suggestions on the route i should take. BTW, i probably wont be farming any of the work out, as im poor and i like this kind of torture.
    there's many options it really takes some time to research this site,
    depends on the money you wanna spend, depends on if you want a streetable car or drag strip car mostly... keep searching the engine section threads and suspension... but
    I would start modding the free bolts on first, lid, intake manifold, catback, lt headers and Y or X. then build the suspension sfc, tq arm, lca, then move to engine work heads, cam, then work on the tires selection to get good traction...

Pewter
    2000 z28

there's many options it really takes some time to research this site,
    depends on the money you wanna spend, depends on if you want a streetable car or drag strip car mostly... keep searching the engine section threads and suspension... but
    I would start modding the free bolts on first, lid, intake manifold, catback, lt headers. then build the suspension sfc, tq arm, lca, then move to engine work heads, cam, then work on the tires selection to get good traction...
    sweet. yeah i switch between here and ls1tech and several other resources for info. i want a streetable car but wouldnt mind having a rowdy cam if i could. its funny how i ranted in another thread about power being worthless if it cant get to the ground but made no mention of suspension in this one. yes i want to get a torque arm and was going to do suspension first but recently ive been power trippin and the tunnel brace dreams have taken a back seat. thanks alot for the help man, ill get on it. doesnt it seem like we are the only ones talking......kinda spooky.

heheheh.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i sense a cyber-rape coming...

true that is, you've spoken like a true jedi

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    i sense a cyber-rape coming...
    whats up man?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

yo lol. i saw you 2 gettin too cozy and comfortable with each other in here and decided to peek in

Pewter
    2000 z28

yo lol. i saw you 2 gettin too cozy and comfortable with each other in here and decided to peek in
    yeah we're chilling talkin that tech shit....
    when are you getting your f-body man?
    hurry up!

Thumbs up

speak up brother,

Pewter
    2000 z28

speak up brother,
    no shit. i thought he was gonna say something....... hopes are gone

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

shit, i lost the thread so it took me a while to find it. 2ndgear, bout my fbody, im waitin on a better source of income. my current job sucks.... any ideas?

Pewter
    2000 z28

shit, i lost the thread so it took me a while to find it. 2ndgear, bout my fbody, im waitin on a better source of income. my current job sucks.... any ideas?
    i just got fired so im in the same boat basically. i dont know how much you make an hour but you can swing just about anything with a cosigner. youre 16, so i would suggest seeing how much you can afford to put down and talk to your parents. when i say afford, i mean if you only have 5 grand in savings do not put it all down. thats just asking for trouble. the next task is getting an f body with whatever you deem as a reasonable amount of miles and in good shape. just because it has 40k miles doesnt mean those miles were driven easy. camaros and especially trans am are way over priced from dealers and from people who arent really "in" to this kind of thing. they think that just because a 2002 anniversary is worth 20k on ebay then their piece of shit with 125k miles will sell for 15k. dont bother with those people. and also my advice is to get what is in good condition, not go for just an ss or ws6. while they are amazing, they will kill you in price and you cant negotiate it bc some douche will buy it after youre gone. i had that mentality but i quikly realized that i can afford exactly what i want. the result was one short lived z, and now one bone stock rust free, ridiculously clean california car (no underbody rust) that was marine-owned and rarely driven (54k miles) you just have to keep looking everywhere and i mean everywhere. and dont rule out something bc its a longer drive. shit, i drove 4 hours to get mine. find one moderately priced, get financed and build a substantial amount of credit in the process. and dont worry if its stock, look at me. you'll forget about mods for a while at the first turn of the key.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Exactly, I don't know why people always think the A4 is faster in stock form. With equal drivers its slower by a few tenths, and its not even a race if you were to go from a roll. Big difference in trap speeds.
    I drove an A4 before I decided to go with a M6.. The auto just didn't seem as fast when starting from a stop.. The M6 just takes off like a bat outta hell..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WARP211 View Post
    I drove an A4 before I decided to go with a M6.. The auto just didn't seem as fast when starting from a stop.. The M6 just takes off like a bat outta hell..
    that's why u put a converter on it... for 400 bucks a stall is the best mod for the money for A4.

then A4 > M6

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information