Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LS1 vs. LT1

red
    1994 coupe

LS1 vs. LT1

I sold my 94 camaro v6 because of its lack of power, I got 5000 for it & should I get a 93-97 LT1 or wait unti i get some more money and get a LS1? What are some drawbacks with the LT1?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

The search button is your friend. Try this: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46115
    It's the last thread on that subject. IMHO get an LS1.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    The search button is your friend. Try this: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46115
    It's the last thread on that subject. IMHO get an LS1.
    amen!!!

sped
    On this site you definately will be encouraged to by an ls1. I won't disagree, I own an LT1, and have driven a few LS1's. LS1's are awesome engines!

Black
    1999 Mustang GT

Dude thats a no brainer....

LS FREAKING ONE

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

lol no get a 4.6 right dustin!?

White/Tan and Green/Tan
    2001 SS 1995 3.4L

Save until you can get what you wont regret. If you get an LT1 and always wonder well what if I had chosen an LS1 the LT wont be worth it. Basicaly I dont think you will go wrong with 98+ z28 or ss more cup holders thats for sure. Anyway I waited and im pretty sure you wouldnt have regrets if you do end up with an ls1. IMO they are the best choice if you have the resorces or patience.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

if u dont have the patience like me, go with an lt1. how old r u? im only 16, so lt1 power will be enuff for me, so i say test drive them both and see HOW big the difference is and see if its worth the patience.

in the long run, if ur gonna mod it for power, the ls1 is going to be cheaper cuz ur already ahead on horsepower, but if ur impatient, go with the lt1, start modding earlier, spend a little more money in the long run, but ull have a fast car right away.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

(by "fast car right away" i just meant going from v6 to lt1, the lt1's gonna seem pretty fast)

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

like you'd know you drive a 200 dollar beater ;-) ZING

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    like you'd know you drive a 200 dollar beater ;-) ZING
    ahhhhhhh u ass lol.

yo, i just put up a thread on me being in the market for an fbody. planning on getting rid of my $200 beater. selling it might pay for one month of insurance on my fbody hahaha

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

sorry im just lonely because blacksuperchargedgto isnt on tonight

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    sorry im just lonely because blacksuperchargedgto isnt on tonight
    ? gf? bf?

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

If he were anything he would be the uncle that rapes me when im little....

But yea..umm... LS1!!!

I think someone else just recently asked this very question. Of course on a website like this you will get mostly biased oppinions towards LS1's.
    There are a few like myself who actually own and drive both. I honestly like the LT1's, and driving the 97 Z-28 is alot of fun, it has the 98 and up interior (97 was the first year for it) and the LT1 still has enough butt to get the job done most of the time. There are some great running LT1's out there.
    Then I went and bought an 02 SS LS1 and I have to say,,,it's a great engine, smooth running and plenty strong. Both of mine are stockers, and I have had both of mine to the track,,,the LS1 is a solid 3-4 tenths faster and about 3 mph faster than my stock LT1.
    Not alot of difference, but the LS1 is stronger none the less.
    I don't think you could go wrong with an LT1, they are cheap to buy but getting harder to find a decent one, since they are getting over 10 years old now. LS1's are great too, and I don't think you would be disappointed with that either. Check around your area and see whats available. Goodluck, Larry.

red
    1994 Camaro Z28

to LT or LS that is the question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro_dreamer View Post
    I sold my 94 camaro v6 because of its lack of power, I got 5000 for it & should I get a 93-97 LT1 or wait unti i get some more money and get a LS1? What are some drawbacks with the LT1?
    94 LT here...stock....satisfactory. Just save until u can spring for an LS...preferrably LS2 ...mod for mod the LS is 25-30rwhp more potent than the LT's can be. I have an excellent comparison dyno flog which corroborated this. Plus, of course, the LS is the later design for better technology. That said, if you hve a specific rwhp goal or performance plan, the LT may work fine for u, and you will get out for less $$$ if you keep it reasonable. All depends on your performance requirements!!

chevylover8413@yahoo.com

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

well besides power, the other thing to think about is the interior and exterior. Which body style do you like? and which interior do you like better. the 97 and up is a better interior layout imo, but its all up to you.

there are drawbacks to both. but the lt1 has more substantial cons. GM and the aftermarket have given up on the 2nd gen motor. there are virtually no new parts for the poor ole' lt1 compared to the LSx motors. even the SBC has more new and available parts.
    Last edited by camarolvr69; 04-06-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Ya the original SBC will always have more aftermarket due to the fact it was mass produced for 50 years,,,unfortunately the Gen II LT1 only survived 6 years of production and was limited to Fbodies, Bbodies, and vettes.
    There are still plenty of aftermarket for it though, with the only real piece of the puzzle missing that isn't made is the block. Other than that you can get about anything you need, just have to be a little more resourcfull.

The LSx motors look like they are here to stay for a long time coming. So it's going to have a clear advantage in that respect. Larry.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

yeah it pisses me off..cus i love my lt1 and i could build it to any amount of power i wanted to but.. i could start with an lsx block, build it from the ground up and have more horsepower for less money. It would be easier to find parts too.

Navy Blue
    2002 Z28 A/4

LS1

Thread Information