LS1-Newbie... in the house.

This is a discussion on LS1-Newbie... in the house. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Not new to performance/tuner cars, but new to LS1.com.... so a big hello to you guys. My background is FOX ...

Black
    01 Z06

LS1-Newbie... in the house.

Not new to performance/tuner cars, but new to LS1.com.... so a big hello to you guys.

My background is FOX Stangs... 347 strokers, powerdyne 9psi, and vortech s-trim...... and finally got out of that 2 yrs ago.....

Looking to get back into the tuner world and am looking at a high mlg 01 Z-28 6spd in Houston to get used for cheap and play around with @ Auto-cross (f-stock) and occasional 1/4 miles blasts.

Will it take much to wring high 12's out of an 01 Z with street suspension and stock heads?

I understand the LS1-6spd Z's do pretty well in F-stock at the autocrosses also, so hoping to do both.

Looking forward to playing with a new ride very soon.

Jeff - Houston

RIDES:
    01 Z06
    66 Stang
    06 C-230
    03 Suburban
    (Soon in the stable - 01 Z 6spd ls1???)

sebring silver
    2000 z28

high 12's .........no problem. my buddies 02 z auto went 13.2 all stock and mine went 13.08 withe the air lid , now i have headers and am getting a dyno tune wed. so i should be in the high 12 now.... sure does feel like it

Black
    01 Z06

Short-comings

I can build a cheap 12 sec fox stang with my eyes closed...... but the LS1 is new territory for me.

Foxes are hard to make handle (IMHO).... no way to be competitive in f-stock these days.

The closest I ever came to them was side-by-side on the street (er uh track)

Ran across many fast fast ls1's and Lt1's in my day.

Also got my arse handed to me in my little blown fox stang by many near-stock F-bodies at the autocross. Seems the rear suspension on the f-body is light-years ahead of the 4-link (bind-o-matic) fox chassis.

Sooo looking to learn about the LS1 Z and play @ the autocross and drag strip.

I'd be pleased to stay in F-stock class (autocross) and be able to click-off near high 12's or low 13's.

I think F-stock rules allow for catback and possible a k&n in the stock housing. (no gears, no intake mani, no headers, no chip).....

grass-hoppa>>>>>>>Thanks LS1

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Welcome to the site first off

You can get high 12s out of an LS1 with simple bolt ons, usually long tubes alone will net you high 12s, assuming you can 60' well and I am assuming with your background you are a very experienced and capable driver
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Thread Information