Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

ls1 or ls6 ss

This is a discussion on ls1 or ls6 ss within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by INMY01TA You mean you might have spent a few thousand on a motor swap and forgotten about ...

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    You mean you might have spent a few thousand on a motor swap and forgotten about it?
    no. I've never done a swap,as far as i know i have a ls1. I just made that coment that i might have an ls6 because on how hard it runs for what it has.who knows maybe i do

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post

what do you get in the quarter I can smell your smug 650 miles away.
    i havent done a 1/4,but my best at the 1/8 was 8.3 on our shitty 1/8 at qualcomm stadium(chargers parking lot) with shitty traction. that was a while ago. not that impressed with the times,but then again i see c5z06's/c6's pulling 8.9's.its just a shitty track. i havent ran it at the track lately though.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I dropped a crate engine LS6 into my 2001 SS Camaro, and I can tell you from experiance that the LS6 is a stronger block. I heavily modded it and also raised the stock rev limiter because the LS6 will rev higher.
    Reading all the bickering bullshit on this post has reminded me why I'm so happy to have bought my Z06 and very seldom even visit this "side" of this great site anymore.
    You guys sound like a bunch of whiny bitches at times.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 01SOMSS! View Post
    no. I've never done a swap,as far as i know i have a ls1. I just made that coment that i might have an ls6 because on how hard it runs for what it has.who knows maybe i do
    Why not just check the casting# on the heads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    I dropped a crate engine LS6 into my 2001 SS Camaro, and I can tell you from experiance that the LS6 is a stronger block. I heavily modded it and also raised the stock rev limiter because the LS6 will rev higher.
    Reading all the bickering bullshit on this post has reminded me why I'm so happy to have bought my Z06 and very seldom even visit this "side" of this great site anymore.
    Define heavily modded. Only reason the LS6 engine revs higher is the valve train. I spin my (heavily modded) LS1 blocked engine to 7,000 no problems. Go back to Corvette Forum. Yes all the "OMG a bird pooped on my Vette" posts over there are much more productive.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

BOYS...like YOU own F-bodies, MEN who can afford them, drive Z06 Corvettes. I grew up and bought one, and actually I'm a member of Smokinvette.com where we discuss the finer things in life, ala our Corvettes, and now if you'll excuse me I need to go check to see if there's any bird poop on my car.
    P.S. My crate engine was modded to the tune of Patriot heads, complete valvetrain replacement with stronger springs, rocker arms, pushrods, and of course a different cam. LT headers that sent spent gases into a 3" catless system all the way back, CAI, and a new MAF on the intake side, and to be honest, it's been years now and I can't remember all the mods I did, you see only old men who are balding and trying to make up for their small dicks buy Corvettes...
    What was I going to go do again? My old memory is fading....oh yea I was going to check and see if there is poop on my Z06 Corvette.
    I do admit that I enjoy going 130+ MPH in 3rd gear, knowing I could beat the shit out of your car with only 4 out of 6 gears.
    What was I going to do again?.......

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    I'm not whining

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I'm not whining
    He's just a lil butthurt cause he saw LS6 in the title of the thread and thought we'd be talking about Z06s. He then assumed he'd be able to brag about his. (which he did anyway)

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

This thread is done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information