Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ls1 Camaro vs 06 Evo IX

This is a discussion on ls1 Camaro vs 06 Evo IX within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; If you had LT's to free up a bit more..... you got a good exhaust in the back but choking ...

If you had LT's to free up a bit more..... you got a good exhaust in the back but choking your motor at the source.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Probably not even then if hes making 300+awhp, But anything less that 280awhp you can cathc him after second

Black
    2000 Camaro

I have personally seen a evo 9 do 580awhp on a stock bottom end with a gt35r I believe, more is also possible but the clutch wont hold it long if at all. His best time was 10.80 at 12?. would have been quicker but he ran out of gear quite a ways before the line. He will, or should take you from a dig or a roll, if he doesnt hes eithier lying about his hp or he cant drive.
    Good luck.
    Dont feel bad when it happens just go get some more parts, I had to.

Black
    2000 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SStriker View Post
    Ok, Being that EVOs are common in my area and we have semi stock all the way to 11 second ones running around. let me tell you this.

Stock Evo Transmissions SUCK! They cant launch on them, they cant slam gears to hard, If they Grind a gear once its pretty much Fucked. Any Quick Evo you see has a after market Trans.

Curb Weight is 3,338 on the EVO, Camaro is what probly 3400?

I think it will be pretty Even. It will really come down to the driver.
    I disagree with you on this. there trannys are good, there clutches are not that great but my buddy banged gears hard all the time and no problems. I woudnt recomend missing one or stabbing it at the wrong time cause they are not as forgiving as ares but they do well for guys running into the 8's and maybe 7's.
    I would like to see how he fairs out though, hurry up and race him.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

if he is putting donw 350 to the wheels he will eat you alive. my old 03 evo that put down 260 to the wheels ran a 12.8

Metalic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

Yea man just get you some slick's get your headers and race him cause
    if he cant drive you'll beat him I smoke one could'nt drive worth crap
    I had 5 cars on him
    www.fquick.com/dillard99
    SLP Lid,SLP Ram Induction,SLP Elbows,Headers Pacesetters Coated LT's, True Dual 3"Custom Pipes No Muffs /Cats,Put Me @ 346hp 358Tq Next TSP's
    Magic3 237in/242ex 112lsa SLP Underdrive,dual timing,Slp Oil Pump, Sphon Sway Bars,6point Roll Cage,Trick Flows =450+rwhp "Sold"

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah but his isnt stock, it has picked up 120awhp says him.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

It's not just him, he has the dyno sheets. I've known this kid for five years, it's no random guy. It says 350 wheels, but on dyno loss i'm putting it more at about 330. My friends STi isn't stock either, an he destroyed him by boatlengths. The STi has a full exhaust, cold air intake, cobb stage 2 tune, etc.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by nvmy2000ss View Post
    I have personally seen a evo 9 do 580awhp on a stock bottom end with a gt35r I believe, more is also possible but the clutch wont hold it long if at all. His best time was 10.80 at 12?. would have been quicker but he ran out of gear quite a ways before the line. He will, or should take you from a dig or a roll, if he doesnt hes eithier lying about his hp or he cant drive.
    Good luck.
    Dont feel bad when it happens just go get some more parts, I had to.

was that Sean with the White RS IX at sac raceway? i have a video of his run.. actually seans IX only dyno'd 480 AWHP and ran a 10.8 @ 123
    M6, Lid, Ported and Polished Throttle Body (By Me!), LT, Custom Catted Y, Electric Cutout, PHB, LCA13.21@108 with a 2.3 60'

i don't post much but i feel there is so much misinformation in this thread it not even funny.

first It doesn't take alot of money to get 350awhp out of a ix, the older evos require alittle more mods.the basic performance package well give you just that much if not alittle more. what is included in the basic performance package:3" turboback exhaust, boost controller,cone filter, flash.

That package will run about 1000+ depending on the type of parts you buy. Most of the time your tuner will suggest a walbro 255 fuel pump and headstuds before turning up the boost. boost is i believe 20.5psi for the ix's which is cake for the 4g63 motor. my car before any mods dynoed at 241awhp, i installed a turboback/fuelpump/headstuds/boost controller/intake and made 289awhp. That was not tuned and the boost was the same(20.5). After the tune I made 358awhp on 23lbs of boost, as you can see tuning makes a huge difference in power. My mid range fattened up extremely nice.

Evo trans are tough, its there clutches that are the weakest link in the drivetrain.

Now on to the stock turbo. its a 16g not a hybrid like the other member said it was. the only difference is that the compressor housing is a little larger and it has a 10.5 hotside just like the 05 evo's. but its still considered a 16g unless he changed turbos, which would make no sense since he hasn't maxed out the stocker

sstriker you can laugh at the low dyno numbers but evo's come extremely rich from the factory, why is it that a simple tune and 2.5 lbs more boost can yeid almost 70awhp.

just alittle food for though, make sure he doesn't know about alky, if he does your in big trouble. alky cools intake temps down allowing you to run alot more boost. Its like running race gas, and boost can be raised up to 30lbs which he would make alittle over 400awhp before his turbo would run out of effiency. which would result in a turbo upgrade

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

^ well said

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

Just race him and get it over with, then we can talk about what happens next.......
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

I have to install my headers before i race him.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    I have to install my headers before i race him.
    its point less, you stand no chace. if hes putting out 20hp to the ground, and weighs like 200 lbs less, from a roll he will walk. from a dig you will need to measure in bus lengths.... but goo luck though. a 350 awhp is good for mid to high 11's

Black
    2000 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ApexVIII View Post
    was that Sean with the White RS IX at sac raceway? i have a video of his run.. actually seans IX only dyno'd 480 AWHP and ran a 10.8 @ 123
    My fault 4 not 5. yep thats it.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by nvmy2000ss View Post
    My fault 4 not 5. yep thats it.
    yea sean blew the motor and sold it to a guy that works a Full Function, he build a forged 2.0. they put a custom sheet metal intake on it. i just saw it at Sac raceway the last grudge fest on the 10.20.07...

heres a vid of sean's 10.8 run...

watch the 2nd race for the fast white Evo,
    the first race a is of a IX with Cams TBE, tune and MBC.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

i lost to an evo...i cried all night...was suicidal...then eventually found out the true power of those shit boxes....

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 35thAnniZ28 View Post
    i lost to an evo...i cried all night...was suicidal...then eventually found out the true power of those shit boxes....
    ... I once raced a 12 second evo... on the highway... needless to say... it wasn't pretty... I just didn't expect it to be THAT fast... I was brand new to this F-body game...and I kinda felt invinsable...

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by j3ffw19 View Post
    i don't post much but i feel there is so much misinformation in this thread it not even funny.

first It doesn't take alot of money to get 350awhp out of a ix, the older evos require alittle more mods.the basic performance package well give you just that much if not alittle more. what is included in the basic performance package:3" turboback exhaust, boost controller,cone filter, flash.

That package will run about 1000+ depending on the type of parts you buy. Most of the time your tuner will suggest a walbro 255 fuel pump and headstuds before turning up the boost. boost is i believe 20.5psi for the ix's which is cake for the 4g63 motor. my car before any mods dynoed at 241awhp, i installed a turboback/fuelpump/headstuds/boost controller/intake and made 289awhp. That was not tuned and the boost was the same(20.5). After the tune I made 358awhp on 23lbs of boost, as you can see tuning makes a huge difference in power. My mid range fattened up extremely nice.

Evo trans are tough, its there clutches that are the weakest link in the drivetrain.

Now on to the stock turbo. its a 16g not a hybrid like the other member said it was. the only difference is that the compressor housing is a little larger and it has a 10.5 hotside just like the 05 evo's. but its still considered a 16g unless he changed turbos, which would make no sense since he hasn't maxed out the stocker

sstriker you can laugh at the low dyno numbers but evo's come extremely rich from the factory, why is it that a simple tune and 2.5 lbs more boost can yeid almost 70awhp.

just alittle food for though, make sure he doesn't know about alky, if he does your in big trouble. alky cools intake temps down allowing you to run alot more boost. Its like running race gas, and boost can be raised up to 30lbs which he would make alittle over 400awhp before his turbo would run out of effiency. which would result in a turbo upgrade
    Sounds about right. I used to own a 05 Evo and stock I ran a 13.27, then with a turbo back exhaust I ran a 13.15, then with fuel pump, boost controller and tune I was mid 12's and I spent about $1300 total. I ended up getting 314AWHP and that was with a moderate tune. I could have leaned out the A/F more and gotten more HP but I played it safe. Since Mitsubishi put MIVEC in the 06's they give it better top end. Evo's are no joke, their aftermarket parts are as big as the LSX engines since they have been out for a few years now.

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

As previously mentioned in this thread, the newer Evos are no joke. If that is all you have, throw some headers on w/ some gears and a dyno tune, then you have a chance.

From a dig hes going to fry your ass, even with the above mods, but if you hold tough and shift like a pro I can safely say you have a good chance of catching up around 100-120. A 30-50 roll is probably your best bet, but I can't emphasize more the importance of your shifting being DEAD THE FUCK ON or you're cooked, bro.

Just run him for shits anyways, it gives you something to stride towards in your modding at least, eh?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information