Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Looking to buy this 01 z28

This is a discussion on Looking to buy this 01 z28 within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I went and drove it and from what i can tell it seems to be in good shape. Ran it ...

Looking for f body

I went and drove it and from what i can tell it seems to be in good shape. Ran it pretty hard actually in the test drive. still not real sure about the color though. It never ran rough or had any issues that i could tell. Got it out on the highway and punched it a few times and it definitely didn't miss a beat. It had a few areas where the paint could be better but i realize its 10 years old. Oil pressure was at about 60 the whole time. Took it to a gas station and checked all fluids and they were all fine. No cracks in the dash, no tears in the seats, power seat worked, cruise control worked, all speakers worked, heater and AC both worked. The only thing i noticed was i couldn't get the fog lights to work. I pointed that out and they said that would be fixed. I told them i wouldnt pay over $6500 for it. They emailed me about it this morning but I haven't replied yet. Overall it seemed like a well cared for car. Ive driven several and this one seemed to be the best taken care of. Looking at the carfax i noticed it was in an accident in 06 but that was the first owner so im guessing the second owner that traded the car in wouldnt know what kind of accident, etc.
    Im gonna sit on it a few days and may go get it.

Ray Charles blue

Is it a 3.23 rear gear or 2.73? That might have made it feel "strong" if it had the 3.23 rear.

I like that color. There is one in my town that color. The woman has owned it I think since new. Not sure of the year but its a t-top, A4 (not sure what rear), cloth interior, same color. Sharp car.

Dont blame you for telling them $6,500. I am betting they come back with a counter offer. Who knows though. They have sat on it it so you might get a deal.

Looking for f body

Not sure if it wa 2.73 or 3.23. I posted this same thread on ls1tech.com and one guy replied that his brother went and looked at this car a few weeks ago and said it had been in a front end collision. Carfax shows an accident in 06. When I was looking at it I noticed that the piece that lines up with the mirror on the drivers side stuck out more than on the passenger side. It's had 2 previous owners so the one that traded it in probably doesn't know because the first owner had the accident

Ray Charles blue

Hrm....check in to it. Like said put it on a lift if possible.

Looking for f body

They just emailed me back and said they could sell it for $6500 plus tt&l

Ray Charles blue

Sounds like a good deal. If the car was in an accident and fixed correctly than there is no issue in my book. However, if it was slapped together that is another story.

Pics!

Looking for f body

I messed around too long. They sold it this morning

Black
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by nochey View Post
    Going to look at this car today. What is some common issues i should look for?
    If it all checks out what should i offer?

http://www.bankstonchevydfw.com/Vehi...ails/901112853
    Dont go for an automatic. youll regret it. Mines an automatic. Not as fun as a 6 speed.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 02CamaroZ28WithLS1 View Post
    Dont go for an automatic. youll regret it. Mines an automatic. Not as fun as a 6 speed.
    That's all personal preference. I drive an M6 and sometimes I wish I had an auto. I'm sure the A4 guys feel the same way. Gotta hand it to the A4 cars though... Throw in a higher stall converter and bam, you're a completely different car.

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Quote Originally Posted by 02CamaroZ28WithLS1 View Post
    I have both examples, as well as a few other members here. I like either, both have good and bad points that take mucho money to cure. It's really a toss up depending on what you want the car for.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    That's all personal preference. I drive an M6 and sometimes I wish I had an auto. I'm sure the A4 guys feel the same way. Gotta hand it to the A4 cars though... Throw in a higher stall converter and bam, you're a completely different car.
    thats exactly how i am about my a4. i love it when im in stop and go traffic but when i wanna throw the car around a little bit i wish that it was a m6

Looking for f body

The lady called monday and said they sold it. I notice its still on the website though. I sent an email to them today with a different email address and got a reply so i think they still have the car. Think im gonna drive over and see if they still have it. Not sure why they would wanna lie and say its sold. Maybe they decided that $6500 was too cheap???

The lady called monday and said they sold it. I notice its still on the website though. I sent an email to them today with a different email address and got a reply so i think they still have the car. Think im gonna drive over and see if they still have it. Not sure why they would wanna lie and say its sold. Maybe they decided that $6500 was too cheap???
    That's what it sounds like to me. I'd just go in person and actually talk to someone face to face. I've found phones and the internet aren't always the best way to communicate.

I've noticed the same crap happening with my wife looking for a job, which is almost primarily done over the internet nowadays. Some companies will send a letter letting us know the job has been cancelled, and they'll keep her on file for another opportunity that matches her skills and she'll be contacted.
    Yet the very next week that same company has that same job posted again, and she never gets that promissed contact. Apply again and start the process over again.

I think it's just a way for companies/people to pass over you and move to the next person. Why don't they just come out and say they aren't interested Pathetic the way people do things nowadays.
    Okay sorry for the rant....

Looking for f body

Well it turns out they were full of shit and still have the car. Now they responded saying the lowest they will go is $6999 plus tt&l
    I may try going down there tomorrow if i have time. The way they have acted im about ready to just keep looking.

BTW, Ive had the same experience with jobs online
    Last edited by nochey; 12-15-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Well it turns out they were full of shit and still have the car. Now they responded saying the lowest they will go is $6999 plus tt&l
    I may try going down there tomorrow if i have time. The way they have acted im about ready to just keep looking.

BTW, Ive had the same experience with jobs online
    I figured as much. I don't bother dealing with people like that, waste of time. Plenty of LS 4th gens out there to choose from if you are willing to travel around a bit. It's not like it's a rare car and they have the only one on the planet.
    I'd personally just move on.

LPM
    2000 SS

Agree - they're jacking you. Walk and find another, then drive it over and show it to 'em

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Damn! sorry to hear that. i agree with ^ go get a better one and go show them lol

That reminds me of my father when he bought his 69 goat new. He wanted the 69 SS 396 chevelle down the street but they wouldn't deal. So he went up the block to Marsch Pontiac and bought the GTO. Drove it right off the showroom floor and straight to the chevy dealer, found the salesman outside and laughed
    He still owns that very car to this day.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That reminds me of my father when he bought his 69 goat new. He wanted the 69 SS 396 chevelle down the street but they wouldn't deal. So he went up the block to Marsch Pontiac and bought the GTO. Drove it right off the showroom floor and straight to the chevy dealer, found the salesman outside and laughed
    He still owns that very car to this day.
    not trying to thread jack but pics! i bet thats awesome car

I have tons of pics of it, but I don't want to ruin Nochey's thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information