Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

looking at an 02 SS... help...

This is a discussion on looking at an 02 SS... help... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Well , a couple of minus's . $18,000.00 would not be too bad a price if it was at least ...

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Well , a couple of minus's . $18,000.00 would not be too bad a price if it was at least a T-top so there's a grand right there . Then its an automatic . Everyone knows a clutch car will usually bring more money , so thats another grand . $16,000.00 should be top dollar for that car sight unseen & IF everything else is up to snuff .
    I would look a little longer for that kind of money & get just the right car if not just the right color & everything . Believe us dude , take it from those who've been thru it . I think you'de be happier with another F-body when everything is said & done .

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

If you can take a good look at any local [real] Police Officers cars hood, and see all the scratches on it due to the stuff they go through on a daily basis, and do that to this car, then buy it. Or wait, I can hear it now.."Put your hands on the hood, no wait, I just waxed it, put your hands on the hood of that car"

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by anchlo View Post
    thanks for the e-bay link... Dont think he is going to go any lower than 18K.

The Camaro has been for sale since 03-04-08... he claims to have had several offers but no one showed up to even look at it.

The camaro has a few pluses that I love incl, Center exhaust, black ext, leather, hardtop, auto, low miles, like new condition (really is immac.!)

What I dont want is to get ripped off... Do you guys think @ 18K I'll be getting ripped off?

Should I just stick with my offer and wait it out?

**As you could prob tell I REALLY want this Camaro! but I dont want to make a purchase then have that immediate buyers remorse feeling... Know what I mean?

I feel that I got ripped off. I bought a 2002 SLP SS M6 Hardtop with 51,317 miles and I ended up paying 23K all together. Shiii....i realize now that I paid too much, you should do your homework and shop around and see whats out there. Good Luck.

Red
    2001 ws6

holy shit, you did over pay haha, i thought i over paid for my 01 ws6 with 19k miles, i paid 18, its an m6

red
    2002 Camaro SS

OK It seems that the majority of you guys think Im over paying for this 02 SS... deep down inside I felt that way too, but you know how it is when you really want something...

I've kept looking and stumbled accross this:

2001 SS Camaro 2nd owner, car has been mildly driven, currently has 49,587 miles. Oil has been changed every 3k using Mobil 1 5w-30. I've had transmission and engine flushed every 2 years.
    It has automatic transmission with t-top roof panels. It has a fabric interior, with grey carpet, and custom aluminum diamond plate floormats and doorsills.
    It has the premium monsoon stereo, cassette with 12 disc changer in trunk. Power windows, door locks, driver seat. I've had both window motors replaced once.
    As far as mods: GMMG exhaust, MTI Carbon Fiber Lid, K & N Filter, rear tail and side lights, SS hood scoop is painted black, the car is Navy Blue Metallic.

What do you guys think? Asking 11,500... Over all good condition.. but not fully detailed especially under the hood...

Thanks Josh
    Much better, but still a little high. If I were in your shoes, I would look to save as much on the front end of the deal as possible. If you like the car, offer 9500 or 8500 and see where he goes. Just think, you would 2K - 3K for future mods! Or 9K - 8K if you bench mark to other car you were going to buy, which buys a hella of a lot mods!

Its a buyers market, wait for the right deal and aim to get a great car and keep some cash. Good luck

Black
    02 Z28 M6

There are requirements though... The car must be... Able to seat 4 adults
    You are going to throw two felons in the back of your Camaro?

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    You are going to throw two felons in the back of your Camaro?
    No way-he waits for the pick up Police car to get on the scene!

Red
    2002 SS

02 ss price

That is not a bad price for that low mileage car. You will like it.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Yeah, I think that's a decent deal. I thought I got an awesome deal on my car, SLP optioned 01 SS with 25K for $15K. yours is newer, with less miles and CME, granted no T Tops is a killer, but I think it's a good price

Red
    2001 ws6

i still dont understand why you would want one with such low miles if its going to be used as a police car and driven daily, the value of that car will be gone within 2 years

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information