Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

looking at an 02 SS... help...

This is a discussion on looking at an 02 SS... help... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by LGT Guru Your buying the car for work? This will my unmarked police vehicle... Josh...

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    Your buying the car for work?
    This will my unmarked police vehicle...

Josh
    Last edited by anchlo; 04-23-2008 at 04:37 AM. Reason: off topic

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

Red face

Agreed on 17,700...

Red
    2001 ws6

bought it for 17700? if your going to make it a garage queen i dont think its a bad deal, if your going to drive it/mod it i think you made a mistake

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

GREAT!

havent bought it yet... Will meet up on Friday to do the exchange... got to then to really think it over...

thing is it will NOT be a garage queen.. but be driven 4X a week for Police Duty....... My partner has a 2001 Z with 182K on her, and had no major problems.

I live on an island and you cannot find these things too often, and to ship from the states add another 1K to 1.5K.... If there is a Camaro for sale its usually high miles and raced hard...

Awaiting Activation

black
    98 Z-28

there's another thread with an 01 for 18000 with like 8k miles good investment.

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

saw that... but the shipping would tack on another 2K easy... I also wouldnt be able to inspect it for myself, even though I bet it would be immac.

Red
    2001 ws6

if its going to be used as a police car, who cares if it has leather/CME/mint cond./18k miles

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Why would YOU be having to pay for the car? Is Sheriff Andy Taylor your boss? Are you Barney Fife? I smell BS here.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

This will be your unmarked police car? LOL, so police have to pay for there cars these days? If you are a cop and are planning on buying this to be a cop car, then go with a charger or something without a ls1 in it. And let someone who is gonna put it to good use drive the car.

Red
    2001 ws6

i dont think the idea of having an ls1 in a police car is a bad thing (unless im running from it) but i think wasting a mint cond. low mile one is stupid

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

I think its a waste for a ls1 car to be a cop car, it wont be taken care of like it should. Cops do basic things to keep the cars running for as long as possible but you know cop cars arent taken care of like a LS1 owners car who truely loves F-bodys. Not to mention it will be beat on lol

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Why would YOU be having to pay for the car? Is Sheriff Andy Taylor your boss? Are you Barney Fife? I smell BS here.
    Why would I make something like this up? We are given a monthly car allowance of 550.00. This goes toward any loan payments, and upkeep... These cars are our personal veihcles also, so it would be very well taken care of. Usually Officers have a car they use only for work...I know it sounds made up and we must be the only Police Department in the world that does this. If you think about it, it actually saves the department a lot of money in the long run. How many Officers do you see actually give a crap about their blue and white? Those things usually get beat into the ground.

There are requirements though... The car must be...
    any V-8 or the highest V6 avail...
    Able to seat 4 adults
    NOT a luxury vehicle eg. Cadi, Benz, BMW, Etc....
    2 or 4 doors
    not more than 10 years old
    Also recently they will not allow any stripes on the car... (a friend of mine bought a mustang with a stripe kit (Roush i think) and had the ford dealership remove them!!

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    I think its a waste for a ls1 car to be a cop car, it wont be taken care of like it should. Cops do basic things to keep the cars running for as long as possible but you know cop cars arent taken care of like a LS1 owners car who truely loves F-bodys. Not to mention it will be beat on lol
    This is my personal car also and it would be taken care of very well...

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Still if its gonna be used in the line of duty, things may happen to it that you can control. If i were you i would try for something a little newer, GTO or G8. a G8 GT cop car would be baller

10's N/A

His 18k asking price is actually, IMO, a good deal. Assuming he knows, like most do, that you never ever get what your asking for, i'm sure he's high-balled it a little bit. But yes, if someone was looking for a good, low mileage example I think the price is a good starting point. I've seen SS and WS6 cars with that kind of mileage priced at over $20k.

silver
    02 Camaro Z/28

02 camaro ss

I bought a 02 camaro z/28 with 2700 miles from the original owner for 16.5k and i thought i gave too much, but its not that far off

Red
    2001 ws6

2,700 or 27,000 miles

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Guy I know just sold his Silver M6 2002 SS with 11,500 miles for $16k. This car was garage kept and in mint showroom condition. I think youre getting hosed down on this deal.

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    Guy I know just sold his Silver M6 2002 SS with 11,500 miles for $16k. This car was garage kept and in mint showroom condition. I think youre getting hosed down on this deal.
    If I added what it would cost to ship a car here from the 48 states... then its about the same... Everything has a way of costing a lot more here.... Plus try finding a nice Camaro here also... In the end I think I over paid (obviously) but I have a really clean and cool 02 SS!

thanks to everyone here for your help! Ill post pics as soon as I pick her up tomorrow!

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by anchlo View Post
    If I added what it would cost to ship a car here from the 48 states... then its about the same... Everything has a way of costing a lot more here.... Plus try finding a nice Camaro here also... In the end I think I over paid (obviously) but I have a really clean and cool 02 SS!

thanks to everyone here for your help! Ill post pics as soon as I pick her up tomorrow!
    Good buy! I always believed as long as you can afford it it's nothing wrong with it. Can't wait to see pics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information