Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

looking at an 02 SS... help...

Hi guys.. this is my first post here. so far great site!!!!

Im going to look at an 02 SS Camaro tonight and need some info on what im looking at and a price in mind....

here is what I know: 2002 SS Camaro only 18K miles owner claims still smells like new! Auto, hardtop, Black ext. black leather, Center exhaust, SLP intake, 5 spoke chrome stock wheels, fully loaded, stock condition...
    owner wants around 18,000.

Is this a decent price... I was looking at KBB and the high private in excellent cond. list for just under 17,000. Is this what these cars are going for?

Have owned 3 69's and a few third gens... no fouth gen but hopefully soon to be a 4th gen owner...

Thanks Josh

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

His 18k asking price is too high.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

what is more reasonable? 17? lower? Thanks

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by anchlo View Post
    what is more reasonable? 17? lower? Thanks
    Hard to say without seeing it in person, but it is low miles and does have the CME(center mount exhaust), so I would say 16,500-17k range.

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

Just saw the Camaro... Very nice, everything is as he stated... 17,900 miles, Has every SLP option offered.

I offered him 17,500 and he said he'll have to "think" about it...

Thanks Again

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

$17,500 is a fair price given that the car has low miles and a number of the preferred SLP options.

Light Metallic Pewter
    1999 Camaro Z28

Let us know if you get it man. Oh, and don't forget to post pics!

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

The only thing i would say is drive a car with t-tops and see if they are a must for you. Cause they are for me

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    His 18k asking price is too high.
    If the car only has 18k miles I think that's a good deal. Depends if that the orginal motor. I would try and negotiate with him anyway.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Just saw the Camaro... Very nice, everything is as he stated... 17,900 miles, Has every SLP option offered.

I offered him 17,500 and he said he'll have to "think" about it...

Thanks Again
    He'll give her up for that price. He's just stalling to see if anyone will give him what he wants. No one lets a sale of that magnitude fall over $500.

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    The only thing i would say is drive a car with t-tops and see if they are a must for you. Cause they are for me
    I needed a hardtop... plan on using this Camaro for work...

I love T-tops though!

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    He'll give her up for that price. He's just stalling to see if anyone will give him what he wants. No one lets a sale of that magnitude fall over $500.
    Thats what I'm thinking... But you never know... If it was meant to be then I'll have it!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    If the car only has 18k miles I think that's a good deal. Depends if that the orginal motor. I would try and negotiate with him anyway.
    KBB has a high private party price of 17k. His asking price of 18k is high IMO. Since its got the CME, I would be willing to pay a little more, but still wouldn't pay the 18k asking price. I agree, he would be nuts to not accept the 17,500 offer, or he is really egotistic thinking he is going to get 18k for it.

red
    2002 Camaro SS

I agree, the price seems a bit steep - tell him you are looking to start nego and go low and offer 15K and see what his next offer is. If it's $1K you could get away with paying $16.5K or $16K, which could be a good price depending on the condition of the car but still seems a bit high.

You can get a low mile SS convert for that money! Check out ebay at this url for some more price benchmarks.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Cars-Tru...Q_scZ1QQ_sopZ3

Good luck!

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

thanks for the e-bay link... Dont think he is going to go any lower than 18K.

The Camaro has been for sale since 03-04-08... he claims to have had several offers but no one showed up to even look at it.

The camaro has a few pluses that I love incl, Center exhaust, black ext, leather, hardtop, auto, low miles, like new condition (really is immac.!)

What I dont want is to get ripped off... Do you guys think @ 18K I'll be getting ripped off?

Should I just stick with my offer and wait it out?

**As you could prob tell I REALLY want this Camaro! but I dont want to make a purchase then have that immediate buyers remorse feeling... Know what I mean?

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Your buying the car for work?

18 is way too much in my opinion. It's a buyer's market for everything right now. I'm thinking more along the lines of 15 would be a good price. The guy is a moron for not taking your 17.5 and laughing his way to the bank.

Just my .02 though

You already offered him too much money IMO. If he calls I'd offer him 16k for it now. He's not going to get 18k for an 02 SS auto without ttops. Yes the CME is nice and it's great that it has low miles but are you buying it to drive or be a garage queen? If you are going to drive it a lot i'd keep looking and get something cheaper with a few more miles. These LS1s will pracitically run forever.

Then there is the other side of the coin, if you really love the car and felt 17.5k was fair what is another $500? I can't believe he is standing firm on 18 with a 17.5 offer. That's just stupid!

garnet red
    1969 camaro L-78 RS

OK It seems that the majority of you guys think Im over paying for this 02 SS... deep down inside I felt that way too, but you know how it is when you really want something...

I've kept looking and stumbled accross this:

2001 SS Camaro 2nd owner, car has been mildly driven, currently has 49,587 miles. Oil has been changed every 3k using Mobil 1 5w-30. I've had transmission and engine flushed every 2 years.
    It has automatic transmission with t-top roof panels. It has a fabric interior, with grey carpet, and custom aluminum diamond plate floormats and doorsills.
    It has the premium monsoon stereo, cassette with 12 disc changer in trunk. Power windows, door locks, driver seat. I've had both window motors replaced once.
    As far as mods: GMMG exhaust, MTI Carbon Fiber Lid, K & N Filter, rear tail and side lights, SS hood scoop is painted black, the car is Navy Blue Metallic.

What do you guys think? Asking 11,500... Over all good condition.. but not fully detailed especially under the hood...

Thanks Josh

OK It seems that the majority of you guys think Im over paying for this 02 SS... deep down inside I felt that way too, but you know how it is when you really want something...

I've kept looking and stumbled accross this:

2001 SS Camaro 2nd owner, car has been mildly driven, currently has 49,587 miles. Oil has been changed every 3k using Mobil 1 5w-30. I've had transmission and engine flushed every 2 years.
    It has automatic transmission with t-top roof panels. It has a fabric interior, with grey carpet, and custom aluminum diamond plate floormats and doorsills.
    It has the premium monsoon stereo, cassette with 12 disc changer in trunk. Power windows, door locks, driver seat. I've had both window motors replaced once.
    As far as mods: GMMG exhaust, MTI Carbon Fiber Lid, K & N Filter, rear tail and side lights, SS hood scoop is painted black, the car is Navy Blue Metallic.

What do you guys think? Asking 11,500... Over all good condition.. but not fully detailed especially under the hood...

Thanks Josh
    That sounds more realistic to me. Personally I'd rather have leather but I don't think that deal is bad. I hear GMMG exhaust is nice and pretty pricey. 11.5 is an asking price too sounds like this one could be had for closer to 10k which IMO is a pretty good deal. Just make sure it's never been wrecked.

Thread Information