Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Looked at an 02 camaro today at local dealer

This is a discussion on Looked at an 02 camaro today at local dealer within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by astyles that vert is a nice looking car...remeber t-tops leak yea is there a problem with the ...

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by astyles View Post
    that vert is a nice looking car...remeber t-tops leak
    yea is there a problem with the t tops leaking? well... i guess thats with any car that has t tops...

  2. #22
    Member Blue Thunder 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Crownsville MD
    Age
    46
    Posts
    191

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by 09turbo View Post
    yea is there a problem with the t tops leaking? well... i guess thats with any car that has t tops...
    My T-tops don't leak, but it doesn't stay outside either, but when I wash it, the T's don't leak. Maybe because the seals stay fresh in a garage.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    118
    yea i am gonna be keeping it in the garage if i sell my 79 T/A...
    but idk whats gonna happen yet. a convertible would be a fun summer weekend car though... i know the girls would love it

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by 09turbo View Post
    yea i am gonna be keeping it in the garage if i sell my 79 T/A...
    but idk whats gonna happen yet. a convertible would be a fun summer weekend car though... i know the girls would love it
    Girls love t-tops aswell

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oakdale MN
    Posts
    66

    Silver
    1998 z28 convertible

    Quote Originally Posted by 09turbo View Post
    yea i am gonna be keeping it in the garage if i sell my 79 T/A...
    but idk whats gonna happen yet. a convertible would be a fun summer weekend car though... i know the girls would love it
    speaking from experience girls like convertibles well at least until you are doing about 60 and then their hair really starts to get messed up. but if you are just driving around town it works well.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998z28 View Post
    speaking from experience girls like convertibles well at least until you are doing about 60 and then their hair really starts to get messed up. but if you are just driving around town it works well.
    haha true. my girl would love to do 60 with the top down! lol

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Girls love t-tops aswell
    this is true

  8. #28
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    Those are all really nice cars with low miles.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    118
    i am going to look at the black SS tomorrow...
    i wanna test drive it

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by 09turbo View Post
    i am going to look at the black SS tomorrow...
    i wanna test drive it
    First time a drove a ls1 car was on a test drive. Black SS auto with 10kmiles on it. A v6 mustang and riced out sunfire pulled up on each side. The dealer rep was in the back seat and goes lets see what she can do. I had a auto formula at the time so i was good at using the a4. I stalled and took off up to about 80mph the other cars were very far back and i was in love with a dark mistress called the ls1. Both my formula and that SS were stock and could see and feel right away why the ls1 was better

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    First time a drove a ls1 car was on a test drive. Black SS auto with 10kmiles on it. A v6 mustang and riced out sunfire pulled up on each side. The dealer rep was in the back seat and goes lets see what she can do. I had a auto formula at the time so i was good at using the a4. I stalled and took off up to about 80mph the other cars were very far back and i was in love with a dark mistress called the ls1. Both my formula and that SS were stock and could see and feel right away why the ls1 was better
    haha i have driven my moms LS2 auto C6 convertible
    but i have a feeling i can make a M6 LS1 car faster
    but it will be my first time driving an LS1 and fist time driving a 6 speed. im used to my 5spd cobalt ss.

    i think it would be cool to have 2 SS cars

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by 09turbo View Post
    haha i have driven my moms LS2 auto C6 convertible
    but i have a feeling i can make a M6 LS1 car faster
    but it will be my first time driving an LS1 and fist time driving a 6 speed. im used to my 5spd cobalt ss.

    i think it would be cool to have 2 SS cars
    It would be cool, the 6 speed in the SS feels ALOT different than the cobalt. The gears are closer together aka 3rd feels like 1st when your not used to the car and its a cable clutch. It was always weird going from the supra to the T/A they feel worlds apart.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    It would be cool, the 6 speed in the SS feels ALOT different than the cobalt. The gears are closer together aka 3rd feels like 1st when your not used to the car and its a cable clutch. It was always weird going from the supra to the T/A they feel worlds apart.
    yea i knew it would feel alot different. my buddy has an 04 GTO so i kinda know what to expect, but i have never driven it.
    its gonna be fun!

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    170
    2002 WS6 TranAm

    I would jump on the Black SS convertible if the car checks out. Nice ride, reasonably low mileage, good price and I'm sure you can work on that even more especially in todays economy. I bought a WS6 M6t w/35K miles on it with no mod's other than a Flowmaster exhaust last year in prestine condition but paid a premium to get it at $16K. I would do it again for the same condition car so this SS is great!

  15. #35
    Member BlueMagicSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Age
    29
    Posts
    295

    Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

    That z28 is overpriced though.... you can find them for about 8k usually... the SS seems like a good price but you should still be able to talk them down...

    2000 Camaro SS, M6, Edelbrock LT's, Eibach Pro-Kit, Edelbrock Adjustable Coil-Overs
    1986 Camaro Iroc LS1 Swap In Progress

    Blue Magic...
    Like Pepsi It's A Brand Name...

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    118
    i went to look at the black ss today and when i got there it was in a seperate lot, with no stickers and no one came out to talk to me so when someonr came out i asked and they said its not "sold" but someone has worked out a deal on it...

    and the white convert. Z28 i went and looked at again. it has an SLP catback and i didnt see any cats on it...
    but when i opened the trunk there was a huge puddle of water at the bottom of it...
    he took the car back to the service area to get the water out and for them to start looking for leaks...
    so he said that if i come back next week i can take it out for a drive.

    so you say the white Z28 convertible is overpriced?

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    170
    2002 WS6 TranAm

    The Z28 is over priced and the SS was something worth working on if the condition was good.

  18. #38
    Member BlueMagicSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Age
    29
    Posts
    295

    Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 09turbo View Post
    i went to look at the black ss today and when i got there it was in a seperate lot, with no stickers and no one came out to talk to me so when someonr came out i asked and they said its not "sold" but someone has worked out a deal on it...

    and the white convert. Z28 i went and looked at again. it has an SLP catback and i didnt see any cats on it...
    but when i opened the trunk there was a huge puddle of water at the bottom of it...
    he took the car back to the service area to get the water out and for them to start looking for leaks...
    so he said that if i come back next week i can take it out for a drive.

    so you say the white Z28 convertible is overpriced?
    Definitely... you can get a M6 SS for less than that...

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsracing View Post
    The Z28 is over priced and the SS was something worth working on if the condition was good.
    the paint had alot a swirl marks in it... and there were some spots on th edges on the front bumper where the paint was eatin away it seemed. it did have a borla! lol

    but its sold so whatever.

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMagicSS View Post
    Definitely... you can get a M6 SS for less than that...
    how much should that one be then? i looked at it today and the trunk leaks, and there is a small apot on the top where it is being warn away it seems...
    i guess it does seem kinda high

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Went and looked at a car today
    By bandit95 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2016, 05:32 PM
  2. Looked at a T/A today
    By Spikito in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 10:08 AM
  3. 2010 Camaro at local dealer (CT)
    By Poppn in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 12:22 PM
  4. Looked at a Shelby GT today
    By Huskerz1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
  5. Help! Local LI dealer vett allocation for 11/21
    By 2002fb in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2006, 08:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •