Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

look what happened on my bday...

This is a discussion on look what happened on my bday... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by bene Do you still have a steel DS? Steel DS (stock ones) usually vibrates alot more in ...

02 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    Do you still have a steel DS? Steel DS (stock ones) usually vibrates alot more in the higher speeds. This happened to me too when I had my auto. I was actually roll racing another T/A then boom. Broke the tail shaft housing. Replaced that and the DS itself w/ aluminum one and was done with it.
    if you mean drive shaft then yeah. mine is stock like mofo. lol heavy ass shit too for a drive shaft..

02 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28boy2000 View Post
    wow thats crazy, time to think about a torque arm relo with that new housing
    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    This is why I have an adjustable body mount T/A on my 02. Takes the stress off of the tailshaft and allows me to set pinion angle.
    yeah i should have listened to you guyss.. when i was new here everybody suggested to get that... but nahh i bought go fast mods...... so thats next on my list.. mayb an aluminum drive shaft too. does that really take out the vibration on higher speeds?

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

been there done that. . .
    except not in an f-body.

driveshaft wieght fell off, excessive speed, excessive driveshaft wobble = broken trans snout.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Interesting, as I replaced my TA mount with a polyurethane one, vibration at high RPMs, no matter the speed. Was thinking it could possibly be another mount (perhaps motor?). Had been doubting it was the DS, but it's been in the back of my head. Guess I'll have to look into that...

This has definately made me re-think driving the car everyday, until I can replace my factory one that is presently twisted

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Interesting, as I replaced my TA mount with a polyurethane one, vibration at high RPMs, no matter the speed. Was thinking it could possibly be another mount (perhaps motor?). Had been doubting it was the DS, but it's been in the back of my head. Guess I'll have to look into that...

This has definately made me re-think driving the car everyday, until I can replace my factory one that is presently twisted
    I replaced my trans mount for a poly and got vibrations, so I switched it back out for the stock.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I replaced my trans mount for a poly and got vibrations, so I switched it back out for the stock.
    Mine only vibrates under 1/4-3/4 throttle load from 2200RPM and up, in all gears...

Sound like what yours was doing with a poly mount or was it different?

Because switching back to a $64.xx rubber mount would still be cheaper than spending around $450 for the whole deal Just curious

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Mine only vibrates under 1/4-3/4 throttle load from 2200RPM and up, in all gears...

Sound like what yours was doing with a poly mount or was it different?

Because switching back to a $64.xx rubber mount would still be cheaper than spending around $450 for the whole deal Just curious
    my t/a poly mount and trans poly mount were only $20 each. I forget what rpm range mine vibrated. I just remember it vibrating after the install and I went back to stock.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    my t/a poly mount and trans poly mount were only $20 each. I forget what rpm range mine vibrated. I just remember it vibrating after the install and I went back to stock.
    I think I'm just gunna go ahead and bust for the relocation bracket (crossmember) and new TA, and just get it over with. Another excuse for a mod I suppose

Blue
    1999 Camaro SS

wow bro that looks out of hand!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information