Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Lingenfelter- What do you think?

This is a discussion on Lingenfelter- What do you think? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I was just browsing their website. What do you guys think of this? http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...7-cid-ls1-70-l If you don't trust the link ...

  1. #1
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Lingenfelter- What do you think?

    I was just browsing their website. What do you guys think of this?

    http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...7-cid-ls1-70-l

    If you don't trust the link then go to Lingenfelter.com, and go to the Camaro/Firebirds section and check out their selection.

  2. #2
    Member Lethal Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    192

    Black
    98 Z28

    I think there insane. Don't get me wrong I like the numbers but 20 grand? Why not buy a 6.0 shortblock and a trickflow top end kit. That will put you damn close to the same hp for less than half the money.

  3. #3
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    I think there insane. Don't get me wrong I like the numbers but 20 grand? Why not buy a 6.0 shortblock and a trickflow top end kit. That will put you damn close to the same hp for less than half the money.
    That's with a forged bottem end, too. I mean, frankly I don't think it's that bad of a deal. You've just got to do your suspension and brakes, and you get a warranty. That's a lot of ponies, too. Thanks for the input though, it's what I'm looking for.

  4. #4
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    I think the extra cash is worth it to know youre getting the best of everything, and professional work...plus warrantied

  5. #5
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I think the extra cash is worth it to know youre getting the best of everything, and professional work...plus warrantied
    Yeah, I mean, it doesn't really get any better than Lingenfelter. Thanks for the input.

  6. #6
    Pony_eater Pony_Eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Murrieta, Ca
    Posts
    369

    Black
    2000 trans am ws6

    20,000 is more than i got lol but it seems like it would be pretty damn good....you still would need a 12 bolt and suspension though after that 20 grand

  7. #7
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Pony_Eater View Post
    20,000 is more than i got lol but it seems like it would be pretty damn good....you still would need a 12 bolt and suspension though after that 20 grand
    Yeah, I bet one could get it all done for one package for not much more than $25k. If I had the cash I'd get an LS7 Camaro.

  8. #8
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    Yeah, I bet one could get it all done for one package for not much more than $25k. If I had the cash I'd get an LS7 Camaro.
    Is that just the parts or does Lingenfelter do the install too?

    2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

    2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

    2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

    2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

  9. #9
    WTF eymana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lincoln
    Age
    33
    Posts
    71

    Black
    2001 SS Camaro SLP #3181

    Sounds like they do the install, for 20k you think that theyd put some aftermarket heads rather that Ls1 heads.

  10. #10
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Well I just re-read through it. That is slightly surprising about the heads. But port and polished heads on an LS7, I'm down. And yes that's with install.

  11. #11
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    lingenfelter does amazing work. but for $20k, id sell my ta and us the $20k and buy a vette.

  12. #12
    Member Lethal Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    192

    Black
    98 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    lingenfelter does amazing work. but for $20k, id sell my ta and us the $20k and buy a vette.

    Thats kinda what I was thinking too.

  13. #13
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    Thats kinda what I was thinking too.
    Eh, already talked about the investing in the Camaro as opposed to buying a Vette in the If you had $13k thread.

  14. #14
    408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Abilene Texas
    Age
    33
    Posts
    345

    red
    2002 SS

    personally i would do it. i mean dont get me wrong i love vettes but when u pull up nxt to one you almost always know what to expect but when u pull up nxt to an fbody ur first question is i wonder if he has any work done.... i love the element of surprise but thats just me

  15. #15
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Quote Originally Posted by lancesT/A View Post
    personally i would do it. i mean dont get me wrong i love vettes but when u pull up nxt to one you almost always know what to expect but when u pull up nxt to an fbody ur first question is i wonder if he has any work done.... i love the element of surprise but thats just me
    Yeah man. The average buyer of a Vette keeps it stock. His HP is known. But us SSs and T/As it's like we have no limit.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    marlborough, ct
    Posts
    86

    rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

    You can create so much more power for 20 grand. That's only making 530 block horespower which makes about 450 to the wheels. Instead you can make that power with just a really good head and cam package with the supporting mods like FAST intake, injectors, oil pump, timing chain, etc. Doing all that with install will run you about 8 grand which is alot cheaper. If all your looking to do is make power then its an easy decision. If you just wanna say that you have a lingenfelter 427 motor in your car for bragging rights then go ahead. Just remember if you have that stock 10 bolt and tranny and you blew all your money on the motor then your cars going to be sitting for awhile cause your gonna blow both within the first month on the road. Invest in a 12 bolt and some suspension mods and build that M6 and you will be alot happier. Guaranteeee!

  17. #17
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Quote Originally Posted by sct771 View Post
    You can create so much more power for 20 grand. That's only making 530 block horespower which makes about 450 to the wheels. Instead you can make that power with just a really good head and cam package with the supporting mods like FAST intake, injectors, oil pump, timing chain, etc. Doing all that with install will run you about 8 grand which is alot cheaper. If all your looking to do is make power then its an easy decision. If you just wanna say that you have a lingenfelter 427 motor in your car for bragging rights then go ahead. Just remember if you have that stock 10 bolt and tranny and you blew all your money on the motor then your cars going to be sitting for awhile cause your gonna blow both within the first month on the road. Invest in a 12 bolt and some suspension mods and build that M6 and you will be alot happier. Guaranteeee!
    Lingenfelter bragging rights would be great. Plus they blueprint the new engine. Three year warranty. Also the tranny upgrade is just plus a couple thousand. The Lingenfelter LS7 and tranny, plus a rear end (and suspension I'm sure I could haggle) would make for one bad ass car. Not to mention with the forged bottem end, I can attach a a turbo or a supercharger without any worries.

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    marlborough, ct
    Posts
    86

    rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

    You can get that work done at a local speed shop for alot less. Your paying for the name and granted you get a warranty but if you have a reliable shop build it for you i'm sure you might be able to get some sort of guarantee or warranty from them on their workmanship. Sounds like your gonna plan on a big investment well over 25k. This gonna be a track car?

  19. #19
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Quote Originally Posted by sct771 View Post
    You can get that work done at a local speed shop for alot less. Your paying for the name and granted you get a warranty but if you have a reliable shop build it for you i'm sure you might be able to get some sort of guarantee or warranty from them on their workmanship. Sounds like your gonna plan on a big investment well over 25k. This gonna be a track car?
    This is going to be a sit in the garage and come out every summer sunday car. But I'd probably take it to the track. I'm thinking finished about $30k.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    marlborough, ct
    Posts
    86

    rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

    I would do alittle more researching and maybe go talk o a speed shop, they might be able to give you more options to get the most out of your money. ust forget that it lingenfelter that's doing the work because although its a good name your paying premium price for a very average motor. All it is is a stock 427 from a vette. You can buy LSX block for 2k and buy all you parts and components specifically for that. Lot better way to make power and prolly start to finish about the same price with install and the build and your going to make alot more power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New T/A via Lingenfelter
    By loasdrums in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 12:30 PM
  2. Lingenfelter ZR1
    By Zinergy in forum Corvette
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:46 AM
  3. lingenfelter
    By 04goatinmass in forum GTO
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 04:06 AM
  4. lingenfelter z vs R1
    By tonyjnjz in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 09:48 PM
  5. Like new Lingenfelter GT2-3 Cam
    By WHPLASH in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 07:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •