Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Letting the Gf drive the camaro?

This is a discussion on Letting the Gf drive the camaro? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones I do,,,a 70 fromula 400 ram air III car. And it's my wifes favorite car to ...

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I do,,,a 70 fromula 400 ram air III car. And it's my wifes favorite car to drive. Only 293 of them produced and worth twice the money of both 4th gens I own,,,,,,so if she can drive the 70 Bird,,,,then I have no problems at all when she jumps in one of the 4th gens,,,,at least the 4th gen can be replaced
    wow, how do you get away with having so many toys? lol. my wife would divorce me if i told her i was getting another car. i had to get rid of my mint '87 iroc to get the ws6, and i still catch hell because she says i don't need a car i only drive 1-2 times a week.

she never wants to drive mine anyway, and i'm fine with that since i hardly drive it myself, plus she doesn't really like the way it sounds with the cam, and she can't drive a manual. so +2 for me

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    wow, how do you get away with having so many toys? lol. my wife would divorce me if i told her i was getting another car. i had to get rid of my mint '87 iroc to get the ws6, and i still catch hell because she says i don't need a car i only drive 1-2 times a week.

she never wants to drive mine anyway, and i'm fine with that since i hardly drive it myself, plus she doesn't really like the way it sounds with the cam, and she can't drive a manual. so +2 for me
    Just luck I think really. Been around the car community around here for nearly 30 years, know alot of people. Not to mention I bought most of the old stuff I have way back before the prices got rediculous. I was just lucky enough to hang onto them over the years. Lucky too that my wife likes the old stuff and actually picked out quite a few of them herself.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Just luck I think really. Been around the car community around here for nearly 30 years, know alot of people. Not to mention I bought most of the old stuff I have way back before the prices got rediculous. I was just lucky enough to hang onto them over the years. Lucky too that my wife likes the old stuff and actually picked out quite a few of them herself.
    what other cars do you have in your fleet?

Mainly older stuff that most people don't care to talk about here. Majority consists of chevrolets with one pontiac left, and a couple of jeeps. Wifes a big jeep fan, what can I say,,,,lol.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Mainly older stuff that most people don't care to talk about here. Majority consists of chevrolets with one pontiac left, and a couple of jeeps. Wifes a big jeep fan, what can I say,,,,lol.
    well i'm not a jeep fan, but i certainly am a fan of pretty much any car/truck that gm has ever made. so watcha got man?

2 jeeps, 4 F-bodies, 2 of which are 4th gens, a chevelle, a Nomad, old truck, a monza, and a vette currently.

I've had other stuff within the last few years that came and went unfortunately, a Typhoon, 2 novas, 3 69 camaro's and 2 other firebirds and one other chevelle. All of which I should have kept but thats how it goes sometimes.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

2 jeeps, 4 F-bodies, 2 of which are 4th gens, a chevelle, a Nomad, old truck, a monza, and a vette currently.

I've had other stuff within the last few years that came and went unfortunately, a Typhoon, 2 novas, 3 69 camaro's and 2 other firebirds and one other chevelle. All of which I should have kept but thats how it goes sometimes.
    what are the details on the 2 other fbody's, the chevelle and vette?

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

i would have tried to keep one of the '69 camaros and one of the novas.

Red
    2001 SS (M6) #4581

Mine refuses to drive my car. Smart girl!

black trans am

i dont let any of my gf or x gf drive my t/a i let 5 of my buddys drive it one of them has a 400 rwhp supra, one has a v6 firebird ans a c5 zo6, one of them is scared shit less of the car and the other 2 just know better then get in to it, my mom takes it when ever she wants . but no one drives it with due on the ground yet rain, o yeay and none of them can take the tcs off

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

My dad wants to take mine, I will allow it, I got to drive his z06. My brother n my friend may get to also. No girls, I don't know any I trust it with

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Told a girl if she gave me road head id teach her to drive to stick. It worked better than i could have ever imagined! Went home, got some more, then she said driving a stick is too much, im fine not ever driving one again. Hahaha. Plus i didnt care i was getting rid of that mustang 3 days later for my trans am.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by ss_caramo View Post
    mine too. lol.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by ss_caramo View Post
    +2... but I'm pretty sure she'd go for it... if I asked her nicely...

my Ex drove my car though... a few times... but only once did I let her floor it and she messed up in doing it...she hessitated and that's not cool...so I never let her do it again

red
    2000 Z28

Never...ever...ever...ever. They are curb magnets when they (girls) get behind the wheel. thats way too much power for thier hair..lol. She asks me sometime...all i say is......."NO" period.

Quote Originally Posted by nativerider View Post
    Never...ever...ever...ever. They are curb magnets when they (girls) get behind the wheel. thats way too much power for thier hair..lol. She asks me sometime...all i say is......."NO" period.
    Is that why every 4th gen I see has curb rash on the rims???? Thats the bad thing about these low profile tires,,,no protection.

I must be lucky,,,my wife has never curbed either 4th gen and the wheels are perfect.

I can't however say the same for the jeep,,,she curbed it a few times,,,,on purpose With 33 inch tires she likes to drive up on the curbs and park. Strange sense of humor I guess.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

thats funny, reminded me of that movie point break when the surfer guys drove right over the curb and parked in the front yard. does she ever do that?

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    thats funny, reminded me of that movie point break when the surfer guys drove right over the curb and parked in the front yard. does she ever do that?
    She has driven completely over curbs with it. I even do that occasionally when I make a wrong turn and the parking lots are seperated by curbs and grass,,,,rather than drive back out into traffic just to move one driveway over,,,,,,I say,,,,hold on we are jumping the curb,,,and accross the lawn we go,,my son loves it,,,,,but I scared a buddy of mine doing that one day,,,,,,,,,,

Can't do that in a camaro,,,,,,,,,,,shucks.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 04-04-2008 at 07:11 AM.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Oh but you can do it in a firebird. I saw a HUGE lifted one with 38in super swamper tires on it...Probably wasn't very fast, but it was giant. I heard thats the new thing, lifting.

Funny story, my buddy had a lowered altima 3.5 in a walmart parking lot. I was messing with him and said just go forward man, just go. I was kidding because there was a granite curb in front of us...Well, he went forward

Red
    2001 SS (M6) #4581

Quote Originally Posted by 001CamaroSS View Post
    Funny story, my buddy had a lowered altima 3.5 in a walmart parking lot. I was messing with him and said just go forward man, just go. I was kidding because there was a granite curb in front of us...Well, he went forward
    If that "friend" would have been me, I would have punched you in the mouth lol. Atleast it was just a Nissan

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information