Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Letting the Gf drive the camaro?

This is a discussion on Letting the Gf drive the camaro? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Silver Streak Everyone has a 4th gen.... how many have a 2nd gen with a 400ci engine? ...

Solar Gold
    78 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    Everyone has a 4th gen.... how many have a 2nd gen with a 400ci engine? And I still say we should do the 2nd gen LS1 swap in it... NO ONE would see that coming..
    That costs a lot of money, which I don't have.....maybe one day

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by banditgirl78 View Post
    That costs a lot of money, which I don't have.....maybe one day
    All we have to do is find a wrecked car... just have to save a few grand and will be good to go.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Metallic Blue
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Everyone has different opinions. But either I missed it or no one mentioned ASR. My car has it so I might let her drive it one day. Just because i'm a sucker for hot girls in hot cars.

Black
    1994 Firebird Formula

Wow how did you guys end up with girls that can't drive?! Mine prolly drives better than me, so yeah she drives my TA everywhere she goes just about if I'm home.

Black
    02 Camaro SS

I let my girlfriend drive my SS once, and its weird being in the passenger seat but she said the car was too big for her so she didnt ask to drive it again, nothing bad happened luckily

red
    1999 camaro Z28

I've been asked this question before. I let my wife drive my car when we were dating with no trouble. I let her drive it now of course - right now it's our only car. It's an auto which makes it easier, but even the stick wouldn't have been a problem. The main thing about the car that makes it easy for her to drive is it's responsiveness. Anything you want the car to do, it does immediately without hesitation. Not true of all cars. She was more scared of damaging my precious camaro than of the car itself.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    I let my girlfriend drive it around the neighborhood with some ground rules. No giving the car any hard acceleration, no grinding my gears, can't take it over 35mph.
    A girlfriend that nags me to let her drive my car really grinds my gears!

Seriously though, my girl used to have an F-body and she's a very cautious driver so she can drive it whenever she wants to.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Most girlfriends should have their own cars anyways...The only reason I've ever been asked is because they want to learn to drive stick. Sorry, not teaching you in may car, I don't want to hear those gears or that lagging!

Red
    2001 Trans Am WS6

My Blondie

I let mine drive while I was in the passenger seat. Going down a straight stretch she was swerving all over the road. I asked her what the hell she was doing. She said she was just avoiding all of the trees. I told her that's just the air freshener honey.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by Redstaff View Post
    I let mine drive while I was in the passenger seat. Going down a straight stretch she was swerving all over the road. I asked her what the hell she was doing. She said she was just avoiding all of the trees. I told her that's just the air freshener honey.
    Are you SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?

Green
    98 Z28

I let the gf drive my Z28 sometimes if her car is in the garage or low on gas.
    Does not bother me at all since her Rustang GT has more mods on it than my Camaro, though her car is still slower than the Z.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

A couple summers ago a let a female friend of mine (not gf) drive my car to a party cuz I was on mushrooms. It was f*ckin awesome! me and my friend were standing out the t tops trippin ballz... she wouldn't go over 60 mph, even if i told her too. Her dad has a porsche that he lets her drive, so i felt i could trust her.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by ZForce1 View Post
    I've been asked this question before. I let my wife drive my car when we were dating with no trouble. I let her drive it now of course - right now it's our only car. It's an auto which makes it easier, but even the stick wouldn't have been a problem. The main thing about the car that makes it easy for her to drive is it's responsiveness. Anything you want the car to do, it does immediately without hesitation. Not true of all cars. She was more scared of damaging my precious camaro than of the car itself.
    I feel you on that one, man. My DD is a 95 Passat VR6 Sedan with a shitty ass slipping automatic trans. I'll pull out into traffic where my T/A would have been fine, but the trans in my VW will just rev for a second or two if it's not completely warmed up (and i mean let the car run for 10 min or more). If a car is coming i have to floor it, it burns out a little but saves my life (a couple times). I hate autos man, especially the one i use every damn day...

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Gotthave I saw you and your friends out the T's when I was goin to the beach down in CT you were like wavin n stuff. All makes sense now

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by 001CamaroSS View Post
    Gotthave I saw you and your friends out the T's when I was goin to the beach down in CT you were like wavin n stuff. All makes sense now
    haha, was that me? lol, i love doin that shit and i always wave to F bodies. When was this? cuz my car's been in storage since August.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

I duno I made it up. Would have been funny tho. I hardly go in to CT, but I did buy my car there. Good place to have an fbod in the summer

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

haha, yea it's nice in the summer except their aint a whole lot of long straight roads to open her up on. Oh well, 0 to 100 is always fun.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Ive only had one girl want to drive mine, but she had a Lightning, 05 i think, with a tune, cold air, and overdriven blower. I'd only let her drive mine if i could drive hers, she said no.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

The first time I let my g/f drive the TransAm she burnt a 3000 GT VR4 on the Highway pretty bad sure I coached her on it but she did all the drivin lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    Everyone has a 4th gen.... how many have a 2nd gen with a 400ci engine?

I do,,,a 70 fromula 400 ram air III car. And it's my wifes favorite car to drive. Only 293 of them produced and worth twice the money of both 4th gens I own,,,,,,so if she can drive the 70 Bird,,,,then I have no problems at all when she jumps in one of the 4th gens,,,,at least the 4th gen can be replaced

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information