Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Letting the Gf drive the camaro?

This is a discussion on Letting the Gf drive the camaro? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Maybe a girlfriend is different,,,I don't know,,it's been a long time since I had a girlfriend,,,,,but ...

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Maybe a girlfriend is different,,,I don't know,,it's been a long time since I had a girlfriend,,,,,but my wife has one of her own she drives everyday to work,,,and it's a 6 speed,,,lol.

She even drives the Chevelle once in a while with over 600 HP on tap,,,shucks she even drives a 454 vette in the summer most days. She loves this kind of stuff. I trust she is carefull enough. When you get them involved in restorations and the amount of money it takes to do a car right,,,,they start to realize and are more likely to treat it as such.
    I agree..although I often think of my wife as my best friend, she drives our Camaro with 500HP all the time, with a M6! She's a great driver, this goes for, and if we're honest, men and women. Some guy friends of ours can't drive for s#*t! Some women can't, just read above. So truthfully, I never get nervous when she jumps in and fires off the Camaro. Mr. Corvette next door bought an auto just so his wife could drive it. I've seen her drive it once in a year, poor bastard, what a sacrifice. Mr. New GTO across the street has an M6 and won't let his wife even breathe on it. To each his own, I say.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by '00_Cucui_SS View Post
    I let my gf drive my '97 Z didn't get 2 blocks before she totaled it! Never will she touch my '00 SS!
    my point exactly!!!!!!!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I dunno why the arguments.. you will have good drivers.. and bad ones.. male AND female.. some of them are that way because they are afraid to drive.. some are that way because they don't have the experience.. etc... I'm proud that my g/f wants to learn how to drive my car.. she used to drive an M6 Camaro. Then we're gonna spend time building up her 2nd gen to be a beast.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

silver
    98 ss camaro

I took mine to an empty parking lot and let her drive around then told her she has to be able to do doughnuts and brakestands before she can take it on the street. Then I told her she had to take it over 140 and beat a mustang before she can drive it by herself the next week I caved because I got a motorcycle and wanted to take it to the races so she got to drive the beast with me next to her, she stops at a light an a 02 gt pulls up and rev's on her. Good thing i tought her in the parking lot how to control the gas she barely spun em put 3 cars on the stang by the end of 2nd, next sunday I let her drive how and she opened the car up to 145 so now she gets to drive it except in the rain. Her still scares me but thats what full coverage is for right. Her cars being fixed now waiting for parts so I'm riding my motorcycle to work and she gets to drive my car.

Black
    2005 GTO

I use to let my ex drive mine. She had a 5-speed v6 94 camaro then got a auto 99 z28 so I had no problem letting her drive mine. I would let her take it to work every once and a while. Actually let her drive it all the way to south carloina from fl with me in the car. She loved it cause everyone looked at her a hot little blonde is a sweet black z/28 would definetly turn my head. Her car was stock other than a flowmaster.

My gf now has not drive my car cause see does not know how to drive a stick. Shes mentioned it a few times and I will probably teach her in the next few weeks only because I want her to learn now before I go and put the new ls7 clutch in. This way it does't really matter if she fucks up or rids the hell out of the cluth.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Actually let her drive it all the way to south carloina from fl with me in the car. She loved it cause everyone looked at her a hot little blonde is a sweet black z/28 would definetly turn my head.
    I know that feeling man.. let mine drive my 02 to Walmart and as we were pulling into the parking lot.. she drove passed several guys staring.. and one guy was nodding and I could hear him saying "NOw thats hot"

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

You guys are nuts...I read a story last year about a guy letting his wife drive his GTO. Supposedly a great driver and she lost it trying to pass someone. Apparently she drove it all the time too. I don't care how good of a driver they are.

I've seen other videos of a girl driving a shelby and wreckin it 10 seconds later a block down the road.

watch this one http://youtube.com/watch?v=EEGfA0cZojU

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I've seen other videos of a girl driving a shelby and wreckin it 10 seconds later a block down the road.
    And we had a guy that got pissed.. drove his car out of his driveway and wrapped it around a pole about 50 feet from his house and totalled it... its not a gender thing... and sometimes shit happens..

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i had the 97 383 sroker and noone drove it but me ever. the gto mary aka mustangsally will drive every now and then. i dont like sharing so i got her a tbss and she is super happy and i always find it backwards, she hate me because i drive it all the time

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    And we had a guy that got pissed.. drove his car out of his driveway and wrapped it around a pole about 50 feet from his house and totalled it... its not a gender thing... and sometimes shit happens..
    cross-dresser?

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I know that feeling man.. let mine drive my 02 to Walmart and as we were pulling into the parking lot.. she drove passed several guys staring.. and one guy was nodding and I could hear him saying "NOw thats hot"
    Hot girls in hot cars, can't beat it! Girls like em as much as the boys do-- and we like the looks too---although I never know if they are looking at me or the car - I'll bet it's the car first and then me!

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by cclian View Post
    Hot girls in hot cars, can't beat it! Girls like em as much as the boys do-- and we like the looks too---although I never know if they are looking at me or the car - I'll bet it's the car first and then me!
    I couldn't agree more.. I mean seeing people oogle her in my car makes me a LITTLE jealous.. but then I think.. they are both mine.. so oogle all you want..

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    You guys are nuts...I read a story last year about a guy letting his wife drive his GTO. Supposedly a great driver and she lost it trying to pass someone. Apparently she drove it all the time too. I don't care how good of a driver they are.

watch this one http://youtube.com/watch?v=EEGfA0cZojU
    Ls2tuner i believe

everyday is race day! 2fast4u_99's Avatar

black
    2001 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by cclian View Post
    yes im a girl and i love to look at all musclecars expecially camaros and trans-ams going down the road....then i look to see what kind of person is driving it to see if they wanna race or play around!

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

My wife has no interest to learn how to drive the M6 Camaro. "She says that is my car." Well I guess I can see were she is coming from, I gave her my DD when we got married. 2000 GTP W/ intake,pulley,exhaust. I love when she comes home with a story about some guy that she beat off a red light. I just laugh and shake my head. BTW I got her truck 04 Seirra Z71. I think it was a fair trade.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Ls2tuner i believe
    really, well i hope i told the story right

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    i tried to teach my gf how to drive a stick on the T/A... it was easier to teach her how to do a burnout
    AHAHAHHAHAHA-that is so true. My wife hurky-jerked the car so much that i had to get the fuck out!

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    AHAHAHHAHAHA-that is so true. My wife hurky-jerked the car so much that i had to get the fuck out!
    HAHAHAHA.. One thing I don't have to worry about..

Solar Gold
    78 T/A

HAHAHAHA.. One thing I don't have to worry about..
    I miss my Z

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by banditgirl78 View Post
    I miss my Z
    Everyone has a 4th gen.... how many have a 2nd gen with a 400ci engine? And I still say we should do the 2nd gen LS1 swap in it... NO ONE would see that coming..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information