Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Letting the Gf drive the camaro?

This is a discussion on Letting the Gf drive the camaro? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; gf drives the car all the time... its no biggy.... she knows the rules... no speeding and only rev the ...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

gf drives the car all the time... its no biggy.... she knows the rules... no speeding and only rev the car up when you get by a ricer! i love that one!

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Ive got a ta and the answer is nooooooooooooooo

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

i have, once. luckily i still have my life, my clutch, my car, and my girl...

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

my g/f has but only a few times - she drove me to her parents house for easter and the first thing out of her moms mouth was " i can't believe you let her drive that car. you know how she drives." i just started laughing, then defended myself from a onslaught of punches,slaps, and kicks!

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Never let anyone behind the wheel of your f-body if you care for it. Not friends, girl friends anyone. Take it from me, it will save you A LOT of pain, anguish and suffering. I'm only speaking from experiance.
    Last edited by SAGGIN; 03-27-2008 at 08:31 AM.

pewter
    1999 camaro ss #4288

i never let anyone drive any of my cars unless its an emergency. i offered to teach my wife how to drive a manual so she can drive it, but she has zero interest. i think that will change when i get my project MGB down the road.

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

if the gf wants to drive the Camaro, then she has to choke up on the old stick a few times before hand. there are rules that have to be set in stone.
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Girls ask me to drive mine and I don't mind telling them they are crazy. For some reason they think if they beg it changes everything. It's just not worth it for any reason. If they ever lost traction, I really don't think they'd know what to do after that point.

Right when I got mine, I let my cousin drive it. I know either of us aren't idiots and can drive, but after I told him to make a "good" u-turn on the highway, I was little upset, cuz he did it much better than I could at the time. I was impressed to say the least.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Mine is scared to death of even the thought of it....don't think I'll have to worry about getting a request to drive it. It's a 6-speed anyways, so unfortunately, she couldn't drive it if she had to!
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by SSNAKEATER23 View Post
    if the gf wants to drive the Camaro, then she has to choke up on the old stick a few times before hand. there are rules that have to be set in stone.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I CANT STOP LAUGHING

but how rewarding is it when they do it while ur in the car, and u still say "i don't know babe, this car is kind of dangerous"?

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Hell no.. No girls drive my whips.. if they want to drive a car like mine then they will just have to get one from somebody else.. I only let two people drive mine a good friend and my dad.. thats about it... no beezies..

Blue Metallic
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS

I let my girlfriend drive my car just about anytime, she has a Z28 herself do i dont see a problem with it.

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

haha i let my ex drive the automatic SS I used to have a couple times... when I was drunk and she wasnt. i dont think i would have let her touch an M6 tho. Taxi time.

Pewter
    01 Camaro SS

I let my gf drive my SS but it was in a HUGH parking lot with no cars even in sight and i only let her go 10 miles an hour. And i was still scared shit less.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

I let my wife drive the SS sometimes, M6. She appreciates a fast car as much as I do so why not?

These cars are much more fun if you share them. Every friend I have let drive it want one

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Yes it is fast and NO you may not even touch it!!!!

RED
    '00 Chevrolet Camaro SS

I let my gf drive my '97 Z didn't get 2 blocks before she totaled it! Never will she touch my '00 SS!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I've let mine drive my '02 3 times so far.. the last time was hilarious.. with the new tune, my 1/2 shift is nice and stout.. well.. coming around a turn.. I tell her to give it a little.. she does. and hits 2nd.. the back end kicks around a little.. she freaks.. kicks back.. she lets off it.. kicks back again.. then gains control.. all the while I'm actually laughing.. lol. She wasn't TOO close to the car next to me.. just shows that we need to work on a few things.. shes unfortunately never had fun before (donuts, burnouts, fishtailing, etc) So I'll take her out sometime and we'll just play.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Red
    1998 T/A

If I didn't let my wife drive mine, she would proboably divorce me and take it.

She's a great driver anyway as long as it's daytime. Not as good at night because she has night blindness or some crap. She usually would rather drive her crappy Saturn most of the time anyway

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

I was thinking about it and I can list the people that have driven my car. me, my mom(a very good driver. I know she is better than I am), mygf(once), my dad's friend(I was following him in his 87 ferrari), my friend bryan(he drove an rb20det 240 for a while so he can handle it) another friend of mine(I was in his 350 s10 following him and his truck was almost as fast as my car. that thing was amazing), and my uncle(he did the first burnout with the headers... kinda pissed me off. I was still learning it with the headers)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information