Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 102

Lets see what you got under the hood!

This is a discussion on Lets see what you got under the hood! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Show off what you have under there...

  1. #1
    Member Z28_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    282

    Red
    98 SS Camaro

    Lets see what you got under the hood!

    Show off what you have under there

  2. #2
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Meh, mine looks stock except for the Volant CAI. Unless you look real close you don't even notice the SS QTP headers.

  3. #3
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  4. #4
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Hmmm, I never really thought the LS series of motors were really that sexy to look at. Kinda,,,,blah,,,,,and not much really to do with them unless you get exotic with fabbed sheetmetal intakes and such,,,,,otherwise it's just the same looking motor with a composite intake and a ton of accessories in the way. Like most other new stuff out there

    Don't get me wrong, I like these motors, great power potential,,,just never thought they had the eye candy of years before.

  5. #5
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    I disagree Larry


  6. #6
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Well thats fine if it's what floats your boat. They all just look the same to me. Ever go to a show and see a line of them with the hoods up??? You can walk along and say,,,,yep thats an LS1,,,,yep another LS1,,,,yep theres another,,,,wow it looks just like that one over there,,,and that one too,,,

  7. #7
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Well thats fine if it's what floats your boat. They all just look the same to me. Ever go to a show and see a line of them with the hoods up??? You can walk along and say,,,,yep thats an LS1,,,,yep another LS1,,,,yep theres another,,,,wow it looks just like that one over there,,,and that one too,,,

  8. #8
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    I'm not knockin' your car though,,,,it looks clean in the picture

    Once in a while I drive mine to the local cruise,,,but I leave the hood shut,,,,I'd rather drive the big block chevelle and pop the hood on that

  9. #9
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I'm not knockin' your car though,,,,it looks clean in the picture

    Once in a while I drive mine to the local cruise,,,but I leave the hood shut,,,,I'd rather drive the big block chevelle and pop the hood on that
    I knew you weren't, I was giving you a hard time

  10. #10
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Y2KPewterSS, how the heck do you get the lower airbox so black and clean>?

  11. #11
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Heres my idea of eye candy.

  12. #12
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Y2KPewterSS, how the heck do you get the lower airbox so black and clean>?
    Most of what you see in my engine bay has been painted/powdercoated/polished. The lower air box has been painted.

  13. #13
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    let me try that again,,,lol. There ya go,,,not one of my camaros,,,but an SS non the less,,,,lol.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 02-13-2009 at 09:45 AM.

  14. #14
    F BODYS RULE maxwax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    GEORGIA
    Posts
    579

    NBM
    2001 CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hmmm, I never really thought the LS series of motors were really that sexy to look at. Kinda,,,,blah,,,,,and not much really to do with them unless you get exotic with fabbed sheetmetal intakes and such,,,,,otherwise it's just the same looking motor with a composite intake and a ton of accessories in the way. Like most other new stuff out there

    Don't get me wrong, I like these motors, great power potential,,,just never thought they had the eye candy of years before.
    Myself, I really like 8 cylinders of Blah- Blah -Blah , I do agree that that they are of cookie cutter status in looks, but thats where it ends. any way here is mine.

    Kind of deceiving, for an 11 second car .

  15. #15
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    I figured as much. Its 32.0 degrees right now so painting isnt much of an option. Im gonna paint the supports and the front end this summer.

    yours and 01ss's engine bay are my goal.. lol

  16. #16
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwax View Post
    Myself, I really like 8 cylinders of Blah- Blah -Blah , I do agree that that they are of cookie cutter status in looks, but thats where it ends. any way here is mine.

    Kind of deceiving, for an 11 second car .
    Click for full size
    They are all deceiving when they run 11's,,,,you can make them run 11's and even faster and never change the outside appearance at all. To me thats the coolest thing about any car thats fast,,,,doing it a looking stock.

  17. #17
    F BODYS RULE maxwax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    GEORGIA
    Posts
    579

    NBM
    2001 CAMARO

    Isn't that sooo cool ! The Ls series responds well to mods .

  18. #18
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Ya it's a great little motor, hard to beat 15* cylinder heads. I've always been big into going fast and looking stock. Ever watch the F.A.S.T. series racing??? Some of that old iron is going 10's at close to 130 mph on stock 6 inch wide bias ply tires,,,very cool stuff. Sorry off subject.

  19. #19
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    I figured as much. Its 32.0 degrees right now so painting isnt much of an option. Im gonna paint the supports and the front end this summer.

    yours and 01ss's engine bay are my goal.. lol
    He was my understudy, he did quite well

  20. #20
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Y2K: I do agree with hiding all the wires though. It makes for a much nicer appearance under the hood. I intend to do that to mine also (someday....). The underhood looks really clean with all of the covers and such.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Lets See Em!!!
    By predator in forum Corvette
    Replies: 334
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 04:29 PM
  2. Lets see under the hood!!!
    By LDENNO in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 05:24 PM
  3. lets go tigers lets gooooo
    By greatwhiteZ28 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 07:57 AM
  4. Lets get together
    By Sarge in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 12:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •