Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

lets see how good u guys are!!!!

This is a discussion on lets see how good u guys are!!!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Ridinfilthy if u do 358x.2 that would be 20 percent of the rwhp not the crank!!! right ...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by Ridinfilthy View Post
    if u do 358x.2 that would be 20 percent of the rwhp not the crank!!! right or am i just thinking to much??
    thinking too much, here's why...to get your rear wheel horsepower those numbers take into account for your drivetrain loss (parasitic loss due to multiple moving parts and their mass in transferring the power from the engine to the pavement). so to be at that rwhp number that means you have to have more power at the source (engine)...

so to figure out roughly your flywheel/crank HP you take your rwhp number and multiply that by 20% (or .2)...next you add that number back to your original rwhp numbers and there's your flywheel/crank ESTIMATED horsepower...

you do the reverse math to figure out your estimated crank HP, since crank HP is not known while the engine is in the car, all accessories hooked up, and the drivetrain attached to the back of the flywheel...

also dont let it slip the mind that there are different kinds of dynos, enigne dyno (enigne only when it's on a stand and hooked up to emissions components/no accessoires such as power steering/AC), car dyno (like what you had done, in the car, all accessories hooked up/attached), and others, etc...

hope this helps clear some things up...

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    thinking too much, here's why...to get your rear wheel horsepower those numbers take into account for your drivetrain loss (parasitic loss due to multiple moving parts and their mass in transferring the power from the engine to the pavement). so to be at that rwhp number that means you have to have more power at the source (engine)...

so to figure out roughly your flywheel/crank HP you take your rwhp number and multiply that by 20% (or .2)...next you add that number back to your original rwhp numbers and there's your flywheel/crank ESTIMATED horsepower...

you do the reverse math to figure out your estimated crank HP, since crank HP is not known while the engine is in the car, all accessories hooked up, and the drivetrain attached to the back of the flywheel...

also dont let it slip the mind that there are different kinds of dynos, enigne dyno (enigne only when it's on a stand and hooked up to emissions components/no accessoires such as power steering/AC), car dyno (like what you had done, in the car, all accessories hooked up/attached), and others, etc...

good lord, that is some good info ONCE AGAIN! are you shooting for stickies man? its a really nice guideline for people who want to know what to expect...

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post

This man knows what he's talking about. I understand easily because I work with numbers and formulas everyday. However, I couldn't have explained it any better.

Your next mod should be a LS6 intake.

NATRALLY ASPIRATED 495 HP TASWEET SS's Avatar

pull me over RED
    2002 camaro SS

hey man, my car dyno at 430rwhp,which doing your math,i should be at 516hp, they told me 495 to 500, which i display 495 on my hood scoop, good that leaves a little on the table. thanks aka ABBY or TASWEET SS

What dyno Mustang or dynojet? 322rwhp The stall and the intake is going to eat Hp. But don't let that discourage you with that stall you should see 12's

in doubt tach it out!!

BADASSZ28
    alright i am ordering an aluminum intake soon and wondering which one is the best for the money???? i was on a dynojet and i put in my 3.90 yesterday and it is much more streetable now!!! as far as in the power

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information