Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Latest Road & Track

This is a discussion on Latest Road & Track within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 10spokess no i had the 02 i bought a used 2SS 2010 off my dad it only ...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    no i had the 02 i bought a used 2SS 2010 off my dad it only had 4XXX miles on it
    oooooooooooooohhhhh ...ok i was about to say. i thought you didnt like the 5th gens

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I dont but its growing on me and its my daily driver until my 02 is done with whatever i feel like doing to it... hopefully i decide soon... it does handle a lot better then the 02 so i think thats the first thing im going to get "suspension parts" And i thought it was a good deal since my dad got it for almost 40 grand and i paid 8 thousand less

red
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    It's more of the "pro touring" type of car. Which aren't setup to hook in a straight line. Seems to be the theme nowadays for some reason.
    Besides with IRS and goofy ass wheels you can't expect much in that department.
    If you want to buy something that hooks right off the bat, look at Fords Cobra Jet drag package, or Chryslers Charger drag package.
    I get that, but it's slower in every way than the ZR1 and lists for $8000 more, and it's still a Camaro with a interior that's embarrassing for a $25000 car.

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

here where i live i sseen them go for about 42 k thats overpriced to me

Quote Originally Posted by tremiles View Post
    I get that, but it's slower in every way than the ZR1 and lists for $8000 more, and it's still a Camaro with a interior that's embarrassing for a $25000 car.
    You are comparing 2 completely different markets. A 2 seater vette that targets middle aged men with a midlife crisis
    Verses a 4 seater sedan that can also haul the family around.

And that's the beauty of it. If you are single and don't need the room, the vette would be a good choice. People with families however find the vette useless.
    We've had vettes. Great until you have kids.

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Loco View Post
    here where i live i sseen them go for about 42 k thats overpriced to me
    Sounds about like the going rate for any decent new car nowadays. There isn't anything out there cheaper that would even interest me in a purchase.

You know 12 years ago there were people saying the same thing about 4th gen SS's and WS6's when they were new.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Sounds about like the going rate for any decent new car nowadays. There isn't anything out there cheaper that would even interest me in a purchase.

You know 12 years ago there were people saying the same thing about 4th gen SS's and WS6's when they were new.
    I dont think the 5th gens will be going down in price anytime soon do you??? Maybe when the Z28 hits the stores

I dont think the 5th gens will be going down in price anytime soon do you??? Maybe when the Z28 hits the stores
    Probably not. It will be interesting to keep track of sales now since the rush has passed. Especially as they go into 2011 later this year. With the new mustang coming and comparable performance for less money, it will sure make things interesting.
    Maybe that will have an affect on pricing, or as you said, maybe if this Z28 comes out.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I just want the camaro to last cause im sure with time they can do great things for or to it

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

me either but for 42k i could get a better quality beamer or benz yes i know two differeent markets, but they gm really couldve done better witht the quality of the interior, the gto had a better looking and quality imo interior than the maro

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Loco View Post
    me either but for 42k i could get a better quality beamer or benz yes i know two differeent markets, but they gm really couldve done better witht the quality of the interior, the gto had a better looking and quality imo interior than the maro
    I'm not a foreign car person so I wouldn't know. Don't know what half the crap I see on the roads are anymore.
    But I agree on the quality aspect. I drove an 06 goat when we were looking at them about 2 years ago, and yes, I really liked the interior in those.
    I road in a new SS 2010 camaro when my neighbor was looking at them just recently. I didn't really care for it. Couldn't see a thing. My neighbor wasn't all that impressed either. They decided on a new mustang.

I just want the camaro to last cause im sure with time they can do great things for or to it
    Ya, it's the first year back. So there are going to be issues, things people don't like, etc....

I just hope GM listens and makes the next model better. But then again, they listened after the 04 goat was introduced, made exterior changes in favor of public opinion and it still flopped. Guess ya just never know.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

but didnt the goat flop because pontiac was flopping???

98' trans am

but didnt the goat flop because pontiac was flopping???
    no piss poor marketing.

can you name a gto commercial ?

i have heard rumors the gm never expected or wanted the gto to last much more than 2 years. They used it as a test bed to test Holden conversions and the cost effectiveness and to tool and streamline production/conversion ..and so forth ...

it is too bad too..the gto had potential.

also pontiac wasn't flopping by any means . it was just one of the smallest brands and a niche brand at that. so to cut costs and thin the lines of models offered ..they cut pontiac

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    no piss poor marketing.

can you name a gto commercial ?
    Ya that was about the time that insurance companies as well as TV were really frowning on advertising performance cars and driving fast on TV, so all the cool car commercials were no more. They feared it promoted street racing and all that other horse crap. Ya whatever. Not to mention the government putting alot of pressure on the big 3, promoting fast cars was just not politically correct anymore

Remember the cool WS6 commercials around 98 or so??? Sucking up porches and spitting them out??? Burning rubber and such??

That type of advertising went away thanks to all the conservatives out there.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I think you mean liberals

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Exactly. People need to pay more attention to trap speeds, as that is a better indicator of HP.
    Just because the car can't get out of the 12's is simply a result of 60 foot times. It has no real bearing on the potential of the car. It just shows the tires and suspension are not there to support the power it's making.

Mid 120's trap speed is an easy 10 second ride.
    thank you ... nobody gets that .. The 5th gen is getting sick trap speed times stock .. Just putting more HP to it dont make it quicker ... and it dont help that the 5th gen looks like a brick sitting on top of a block....lol

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomHaZe View Post
    I think you mean liberals
    no conservitives.

as in people so conservative in the media etc etc that think commercials about sports cars would be bad influences.

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    no conservitives.

as in people so conservative in the media etc etc that think commercials about sports cars would be bad influences.
    Yep, that's what I meant.

Guess you could call it what ever you wanted, it's all the same to me. Always a group of people somewhere that won't like what you are doing, and try to spoil everyones fun.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

The prices are starting to come down a little on the 2010's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information