Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

orange
    1999 camaro z28

Lambo Doors 99z28

I have heard many things about this things , i recently purchased a set of Gt componets lambo doors that are bolt on for my 99z28 and have yet been able to find out who will install them for less than 1500, my father that works for the chevy dealer will not touch them , he states i will ruin my car plus he is a die hard chevy guy and refuses to have my doors swing up inseat of the stock doors swinging out . My question is does any one have these doors installed and if so what needs to be reinforsed and what problems would i enconter. im thinking of not even installing them becasue its been such a hassle so far..

orange
    1999 camaro z28

if anyone wants to buy them off of me Im listing to all offers there were like 1700 when purchased and brand new .. i try"d to install them so they do have some scratches but very small

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

I agree with your father, lambo doors are very nice, just not on our cars.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I've heard a lot of people don't like them on f-bodys. I'm one of the few that find them to be pretty cool, but I just don't think they are really worth the money, and I don't want to do something to my car that's really controversial. I want people to like it as much as I do.....anyways....this guy has the doors talk to him. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2488269

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

yea i think theyre pretty cool too. if they were cheap and an easy install, and i had a nicecondition almost showroom looking car, id be real tempted to do it

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I don't like them on anything that didn't come with them stock...

But they are even worse on an F-Body. Doors are simply too big and heavy.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Doors are simply too big and heavy.
    if he had a third gen i would agree... and there's nothing wrong with "contreverisal" or different. it's your shit. but if it's something you can't do yourself, and it's gonna cost as much as the kit to put it on... then i wouldn't do it.

and didn't you say it was bolt on? so what seems to be the problem?

FWIW.. i wouldn't put them on my camaro.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

There's a lot of issues when putting them on f-bodys from what i heard. Heavy door and clearing the front quarter panel seems to be quite a task. I think the door actually has to come out quite a bit and then open up. And about the controversial thing....how would you like it if someone was looking over your car and everyone usually liked it and then every once in a while people said they didn't like your hood or doors for example. Eventually, even though you like it, you won't like it anymore. It's just like being picked on in school, you think your cool, but then there's a few people that happen to put you down...you think it doesn't get to you but it really does, and a car is the same way. BUT ANYWAYS.............
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 05-07-2007 at 06:40 PM.

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99huggerz28 View Post
    I have heard many things about this things , i recently purchased a set of Gt componets lambo doors that are bolt on for my 99z28 and have yet been able to find out who will install them for less than 1500, my father that works for the chevy dealer will not touch them , he states i will ruin my car plus he is a die hard chevy guy and refuses to have my doors swing up inseat of the stock doors swinging out . My question is does any one have these doors installed and if so what needs to be reinforsed and what problems would i enconter. im thinking of not even installing them becasue its been such a hassle so far..
    when you install them, you have to cut the corner's of the side view mirror's

silver
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    And about the controversial thing....how would you like it if someone was looking over your car and everyone usually liked it and then every once in a while people said they didn't like your hood or doors for example. Eventually, even though you like it, you won't like it anymore. It's just like being picked on in school, you think your cool, but then there's a few people that happen to put you down...you think it doesn't get to you but it really does, and a car is the same way. BUT ANYWAYS.............
    WHat??? Who cares if a few people don't like it. it's not their shit. sounds like you care too much what other people think, more than how you think. for instance, i plan on putting bags on my 98z.

not common, and most people will say something to the affect "it's a sports car, bla bla bla, are you stupid, bla bla bla" But.. how many people have them? not many, and does what others try to do with drop springs, only with out the whole scraping problem..

Dude, it's your shit. if you like it, do it. that silver one on the cardomain a few posts up is pretty cool. It's not my taste. def for an Fbody. but if you like it, fuckit. do it.

orange
    1999 camaro z28

personaly i have always wanted them on my car but the more I try to get them installed the farther i get from actually doing it. I was told the fame itself would need to be reinforesed due to the large size and weight of the doors. As for them being bolt on they are but at the same time the fender needs to be rolled in order to clear and reinforse the fame were the clamps of the doors attach. then i was told every few months i have to go back and re tigten everything because it will eventually get loose andstart to hang our so i was told. i posted this tread inorder to find out what everyone thinks about getting this doen to a f body , i rarley see any fbodys with this and i like to have something not everyone has.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 99huggerz28 View Post
    personaly i have always wanted them on my car but the more I try to get them installed the farther i get from actually doing it. I was told the fame itself would need to be reinforesed due to the large size and weight of the doors. As for them being bolt on they are but at the same time the fender needs to be rolled in order to clear and reinforse the fame were the clamps of the doors attach. then i was told every few months i have to go back and re tigten everything because it will eventually get loose andstart to hang our so i was told. i posted this tread inorder to find out what everyone thinks about getting this doen to a f body , i rarley see any fbodys with this and i like to have something not everyone has.
    i think its a good idea to be original like that... maybe its just the brand of doors u have?

white
    2002 z28

you should really do what you want and like, forget what everybody else says. half the time people talk shit because there jelouis. but if thats your thing do it up. not bad looking if you ask me, i wouldnt do it casue the price but someone on this site has them and i know they mess with the front quaters for a while then agreeed taht he had to do some trimming to the doors or the q panel. not sure which but the car did have a really big gap on the doors just to clear.

BE DIFFERENT< BE ORIGINAL

SSMOKIN_SS
    Your father is a wise man don't install the lambo doors they do not belong on f-bodies especially on coupes. I seen drop top vette with them and they looked nice but not on our cars. I like labmo door on the cars they were made to go on.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by coupe00 View Post
    if you end up installing them you might as well just remove yourself from this forum/site and go to a ricer site, no one in here (except for maybe a few closet ricer's) will like it or talk to you.

lambo doors, two parts to that phrase, lambo and doors. Lambo as in Lamborgini and doors which refers to the device or structure that opens and closes an entry/exit way. If they looked good on camaro's theyd call them camaro doors.

sorry for the rant but i cannot stand a car with a engine with a sufficient amount power and looks like a christmas tree with an ass load of ornaments that are hideous
    little extreme dont u think?

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    little extreme dont u think?
    not at all

silver
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_SS View Post
    Your father is a wise man don't install the lambo doors they do not belong on f-bodies especially on coupes. I seen drop top vette with them and they looked nice but not on our cars. I like labmo door on the cars they were made to go on.

Because everyone can afford a Lamborghini

if you end up installing them you might as well just remove yourself from this forum/site and go to a ricer site, no one in here (except for maybe a few closet ricer's) will like it or talk to you.
    lambo doors, two parts to that phrase, lambo and doors. Lambo as in Lamborgini and doors which refers to the device or structure that opens and closes an entry/exit way. If they looked good on camaro's theyd call them camaro doors.
    sorry for the rant but i cannot stand a car with a engine with a sufficient amount power and looks like a christmas tree with an ass load of ornaments that are hideous

maybe leather seats and power options should be reserved for cadillacs and higher.

perhaps chrome wheels should be only for "show cars"

perhaps wheels larger than 15's should be only for trucks.

maybe they shouldn't have put t tops in a "sports" car.

Sounds like you are either still in high school, or you belong at ls1tech with your ridicule. i don't think it's that "ricerish" and if three people don't "dig it" then there are 5 others that do. and it's not their money, and it's not their shit.

the doors aren't that heavy.. nothing like the old third gen doors. but bolt on usually requires no modification. and that kit, requires modification. so... it's not really bolt on. but good luck with what you decide.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

and the price of a camaro would be closer to a lamborgini's. Fu@k that. the nice thing about f-bodys is affordable power. You can get a fourth gen for what? 10-15k. another 10 invested and it outruns most things. what's more american than taking something and personalizing it?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704 View Post
    Because everyone can afford a Lamborghini
    Sounds like you are either still in high school, or you belong at ls1tech with your ridicule. i don't think it's that "ricerish" and if three people don't "dig it" then there are 5 others that do. and it's not their money, and it's not their shit.
    Amen to that. Semper Fi. If you want to spend the time and effort to make it happen, do it. yeah, it's a pain to install. yeah, it costs your left one. but, and anyone else can back me on this one, when you pull into a tight parking space and can't get that surfboard of a door open to get out...you feel like a fool...and somewhere in the background you hear waylon jennings singing 'good ol' boys'...and somewhere way down you want doors that go straight up.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I like em for that sake....but hey if you can't get out of the car in my opinion you shouldn't even be parking there. So far my car doesn't have one door ding and I'm gonna try my hardest to keep it that way. Since I've had it, I don't recall parking next to another car.

Thread Information