Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kooks true dual exhaust

This is a discussion on Kooks true dual exhaust within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by scott5 I dont like the fact that goes back into one muffler. I dont classify that as ...

Quote Originally Posted by scott5 View Post
    I dont like the fact that goes back into one muffler. I dont classify that as T/D setup IMO
    Many dual exhausts like that found on alot of muscle cars, and they flow great. Fbodies have had that since 67, Ford Mustangs had it, Nova's had it.....
    It's a real dual system, no doubt about it. The aftermarket even has high flowing mufflers just for these setups (Bassani being one of them). The muffler really isn't much different from the smaller dual versions, you are just running both pipes through a larger single muffler, in some cases they are seperated in the case. It's just a way of packing a dual system in a smaller package for tight working spaces.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Bassanni has great pics on their site. Shows how the exhaust is ran to avoid those expensive suspension pieces with the over/under design.

The Kooks system is running both of their pipes over the Panhard which is why the relocation bracket (lowering bracket) is required.
    Not going under the PH in Michigan, lol. The roads suck so bad here I have to be concerned with ground clearance and relocating the PH (which is only $200 including a PH IIRC) is the safer way IMO.

Just looking at my 4th gens, it appears there is more room under the panhard than over it. That's taking into account that I don't lower mine. Next time it's on the lift I'll get a better look at it, but it looks easily doable.

I would tend to think a lowered car would have issues, especially on irregular roads.

01 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    It may be certain locations that are better for some, but I've never had any luck finding an exhaust shop that mandrel bends. I know they are out there, but seems elusive in my part of town. It's what I would need before I considered a bent system from a local shop. That's why the kits are so appealing to me, not to mention convenient.
    Priced a shop here in Michigan that does 304 mandrel and it was MORE than the Kooks. Went Kooks....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information