Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

kid gets 2010 Camaro SS for his 16th birthday

This is a discussion on kid gets 2010 Camaro SS for his 16th birthday within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by InEEdSPEED Really it all depends on the individual. The day i turned 16 i jumped into a ...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by InEEdSPEED View Post
    Really it all depends on the individual. The day i turned 16 i jumped into a 90 GT stang. 2 Years later and still in perfect condition i sold it within the family with mods and all. Then jumped into my Z.

I had 2 stangs before i was even 16 that i worked on just for fun and drove on the backroads where i lived (way out in boondocks).

I was a really mature kid though, as long as ur not a dipshit i think its ok.
    i think it's a little different tho when you hand a kid the keys to a $40,000 car
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

black
    99 ws6

I would like to see what his insurance payment is like. Are they going to buy him a house when he turns 30 just to get him out of there house. I will put $ on he will be a mooch all his life. You just cant give a kid 40k..

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

that is a bit rediculous to buy a kid a $40k car...

although i screwed around with my buick plenty in high school i bought the car for $800 of my own money..

as for my camaro, i treat it like it is my life. since the day i bought it when i was 18.... i knew how many lawns/ jobs/ hours working it took to get the $

i dont want to assume how the kid is in person but generally speaking handing a kid a $40k car, he better have his head in the right place with how he takes car of it/drives it. let alone adults...

"With great power there must come great responsibility"
    Last edited by mammoth713; 03-09-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Like Ineedspeed said, it depends on the individual. My parents handed me keys to a brand new Dodge Ram 1500 with a Hemi when I was 16. That thing was a monster. I babied it, and I never went over speed limit. I probably wouldnt have been as good of a driver now if it werent for that truck. I was mature at 16 though. I dont condone giving 40k presents to everyone though.

Edit: Spelling Error

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by innerchi89 View Post
    Like Ineedspeed said, it depends on the individual. My parents handed me keys to a brand new Dodge Ram 1500 with a Hemi when I was 16. That thing was a monster. I babied it, and I never went over speed limit. I probably wouldnt have been as good of a driver now if it werent for that truck. I was mature at 16 though. I dont condone giving 40k presents to everyone though.

Edit: Spelling Error
    You still have it? Is it the one behind the bird?

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

My first car was a 77 vw beetle....it had power nothing. no power steering, no power brakes (drums all around) and it was a 4 speed.

i learned how to be a decent driver really fast in that car.

nowadays, they have all this stability control and ABS shit...i think it just makes people think they are invincible, therefore wrapping themselves around a pole

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

I dont have the truck anymore. I gave it up for my firebird, no point in having two cars. I really miss it.

Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    My first car was a 77 vw beetle....it had power nothing. no power steering, no power brakes (drums all around) and it was a 4 speed.

i learned how to be a decent driver really fast in that car.

nowadays, they have all this stability control and ABS shit...i think it just makes people think they are invincible, therefore wrapping themselves around a pole
    huh huh..he said pole....

on a real note though most people are ignorant feckterds.
    Even if it is 40K i can see giving it to a deserving 16 year old. Maybe not THAT one. But im not closed to the idea.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Maybe I am bias, but I have had my 2002 Z since I was 16 and never wrapped it around a pole. Granted it was only $26 at the time, and I had a saturn before that. But in the end, I still wouldn't buy my kid one.

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

Either way we look at it....its messed up. Cause we want the same things at 16 as this kid. But because we couldnt have it like he does we are stuck with the memories of what we had when we all started driving. GD 91 Cavalier!!!!!!

I'm happy for him little shitbird!!!
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I have great memories from my first car.

I had a 71 Vega and I drove the shit outta that thing.

Looking back, it was perfect. And, lots of fun

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I miss my first car

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    I miss my first car
    Me too. '72 Plymouth Roadrunner. No power steering or brakes and enough HP to make the ground shake. Bought it for $340.00. Sat in the guy's garage for eight years because the brakes didn't work. Had a blown brake line. Guy was a retard. Drove the wheels off it...

Great, now I'm all sad.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Silver
    2002 Z28

Man, all these stories are convincing me that I need to hold on to my car forever!

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I don't give a shit what ya'll drove, my '78 Chevrolet K10 was the best first vehicle ever. Saw more miles of dirt/gravel/MUD than it did asphalt.

What a shame Body mounts were so screwed on the thing, one day the transmission cooler lines rubbed on a section of the frame so bad, they produced tiny holes big enough for fluid to leak out. This happened near my house where they were building a new school, lost all forward gears, had to back home in reverse for almost 2 miles good times

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

No kidding... I had an '80 K10. I did the whole redneck lift and tires bit with headers and header mufflers. Even had airhorns, lol. I don't think it ever saw pavement. Too much fun everywhere else. Was my first truck, second car I owned. And yeah they did seem to have a few problems.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Mt first car I drove legally was and 89 Dodge Spirit 2.5 4cyl. Loaded 23k on the clock. Dodge put 3 trannies in it cause the POS could'nt keep a low/reverse band if my life depended on it. Went out one morning for work and the effer would'nt back up, no reverse. I side swiped the tree it was parked close to on my way to buy my first f-bod. I just did'nt care @ that point totally fed up. But before that I had prolly 6-8 field cars.. I learned to drive standard tranny cars @ 8-9 yrs old in an x-11 citation with a 5spd and an Iron Duke under the hood.. Good times.. After having my 25th anni Camaro as my first sports car which I paid for myself and paid my own insurrance @ 19 I knew there would always be a Camaro in my driveway and ever since there always has been, 4 Camaros 92,89,95,01..in that order.
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-13-2010 at 09:18 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    I miss my first car
    I'm with ya, mine was taken way to early ... it was only 5 yo when she was laid to rest/recycled

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

This is what my first car was I don't miss it at all. I think it's important to learn the basics of driving in a unpowerful car because things happen alot slower. Getting a car that is capable of hitting 100 in 13secs is dangerous at that age. Just doesn't give you enough time to realize you could make a life changing choice in 13secs or less. My toyota was lucky to hit 80 in 30secs, I learned vehicle dianamics, and things didn't happen very fast either. And like somebody else said you know your slow so you don't try to race anybody, or do stupid crap. IMHO

SOM
    2002 SOMZ28

My parents told me they would match what I saved. I saved up 2,000 and got Nothing. They told me thats life. I bought a 79 trans am bandit car. PEICE OF SHIT! It had a buick V6, go figure. NOT 6.6 litre. That changed very quickly. I loved that car. Even caught on fire sitting in the High School parking lot. I can still smell the burnt paint. Who needs racing stripes when U could have burnt and bubbled paint job. I would buy it back if it was still around.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information