2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Just want to post

IVe been trying to 2 days to post about selling my car, it wont let me, no matter what section, or what i do. I even posted something else in the new guns and amm section, that worked first try...I'm pissed!
    Last edited by Spikito; 01-03-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: see!!! this worked!!!!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Start a thread in here about selling your car and I will move it to vehicle classifieds for you.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Ive already sold it....I just wanted others opinion on the situation.....ill just let you read for yourself

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

ok so most of you know i wrecked my car in july, no one will fix it, i fucked up the k-member and oil pan.

OK so a salvage yard guy offered me $450, I didn't take it. I can always go back to him.

So i put it on ebay, classifieds, no dice.

relisted in general auction, got 12 watchers, and over 800 views, then a guy bought it for $1100.

ok so i see hes located in the UK....first red flag. Then his email is worded funny, but maybe its just a UK thing, he basically says "hey, I don't have a paypal account, give me a mailing address and ill send you a cashiers check and my shippers contact info. Don't worry, ill pay him, you just need to help him pick it up so he can take it to my son."

ok that doesnt sound too bad, I gave him my moms P.O box. If a check shows up, and it clears, then ill go along, if not, fuck him, he cant do anything with a P.O. box

but then i check his Ebay page, he made an account just to bid, he created it today.

any tips?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Sounds sketchy to me, but I really don't see what risk you would have. If he sends you the money, great, if not, its not like you would be out anything. I would just proceed with caution and see what happens, not expecting it too actually happen.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

thats what im doing....my mom said shed let me know if a check shows up....until then im just hangin out

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I would be very skeptical myself

Reminds me of those scams where they send you a cashiers check for more than they owe and ask you to send them the extra.

Cashiers checks can phony just like checking account checks can be.

Just be careful and use common sense

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I would be very skeptical myself

Reminds me of those scams where they send you a cashiers check for more than they owe and ask you to send them the extra.

Cashiers checks can phony just like checking account checks can be.

Just be careful and use common sense
    yeah ive heard of that....can we cash a phony cashiers check...then get the money taken back?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    yeah ive heard of that....can we cash a phony cashiers check...then get the money taken back?
    If it's phony, you won't be able to cash it at all.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

actually be careful ...i learned that on those checks..you are responsible to return the money to the account of the "stolen" account...get the check...and start calling on it to find out who the holder on the account is...just to double check...the back should be able to inform the account holder and see if it is indeed intended ....

i bet the check will be in an american bank...with someone's name who isnt the person you talked to...

did you ever wonder why someone couldn't take 5 minutes and make a paypal account ?

this is definatly a scam ..i am sorry to say....i had shit like this for my grand am when i sold it ..all the time...i got a ton of evidence ..saved emails ...made him/her start to email me to my hotmail account (due to its advanced view in the header allowed for it to list the ip...did a few whois lookups)called the bank on the check (wells fargo). Called the business the check was from and alerted the state police ...i handed all the evidence i had to them and signed something saying everything that happened ... i'd suggest you do the same.

red
    99 camaro ss

scammers piss me off

report his stupid scammer ass

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

ok so most of you know i wrecked my car in july, no one will fix it, i fucked up the k-member and oil pan.

OK so a salvage yard guy offered me $450, I didn't take it. I can always go back to him.

So i put it on ebay, classifieds, no dice.

relisted in general auction, got 12 watchers, and over 800 views, then a guy bought it for $1100.

ok so i see hes located in the UK....first red flag. Then his email is worded funny, but maybe its just a UK thing, he basically says "hey, I don't have a paypal account, give me a mailing address and ill send you a cashiers check and my shippers contact info. Don't worry, ill pay him, you just need to help him pick it up so he can take it to my son."

ok that doesnt sound too bad, I gave him my moms P.O box. If a check shows up, and it clears, then ill go along, if not, fuck him, he cant do anything with a P.O. box

but then i check his Ebay page, he made an account just to bid, he created it today.

any tips?
    Its a scam. There are lot of ads on Craigslist.com that have nice, beautiful cars for sale for dirt cheap. On every occasion that I emailed these people they were always either out of state, out of country, in a financial bind, just got divorced etc etc. They always wanted my name and address so they could send me the "documents" for the vehicle. In a business transaction people must communicate and this communication for me must at the very least be over the phone. Emails don't fly with me. If a person is hesitant to give you a phone number or to call you, I automatically throw the potential transaction out the window because if someone is genuinely trying to sell/purchase a product why would they not want to talk about it?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

whoa, yall are making some assumptions, he's been more than willing to make contact.

Paypal also takes several days to set up, they deposit the money into your account, which takes 3-5 days to clear, and verify your address, etc. plus hes in the UK, paypal may not be popular over there.

ON ebay, cashiers checks are the preferred method, I put paypal down as a secondary, he was just telling me he didn't have one.

I use gmail, it gives me his name.

How can I check whether the bank account is real or not?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

tell him money order only.....no checks of any kind. Situations like this I don't think it should be insulting to him for you to want to protect yourself. If he doesn't want to do that then it was a scam.

black
    2000 Z28

It is a scam!! a buddy of mine had the same thing happen when he was selling his bike. he ended up paying out $2k in fines and stuff the check cleared and cashed like 5 days later he got a call from the bank.. he was almost charged with bank fraud, this is a scam.. report him to ebay. I woukld even post his email on her so some of us could have some fun with the sob

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

i had someone pull a story nearly identical to that on me when i was selling my truck. so after that and fussing with three days of BS emails, i sold my truck for $5k cash only.

i def wouldn't trust it. 0rion is right, money order or cash.

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

Its a scam.

Next ad put additional details such as the following, I do it and seldom if ever get numbnuts bidding.

US buyers only, no time wasters, deadbeat bidders, scammers or telemarketers, serious inquiries only. Any one with less than 5 feedbacks or negative feedback must contact me prior to bidding. Paypal, cash or moneyorders only

Sounds like your going to have to relist it--Good Luck!!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

whoa, yall are making some assumptions, he's been more than willing to make contact.

Paypal also takes several days to set up, they deposit the money into your account, which takes 3-5 days to clear, and verify your address, etc. plus hes in the UK, paypal may not be popular over there.

ON ebay, cashiers checks are the preferred method, I put paypal down as a secondary, he was just telling me he didn't have one.

I use gmail, it gives me his name.

How can I check whether the bank account is real or not?
    No, they are not.

"Make it easy for your buyers to pay by accepting one or more electronic payment methods. (All eBay sellers are required to accept at least one of our approved electronic payment options.) This is the safest payment method for you as the seller and is fast and convenient for buyers."

Read here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/avoid...ems.html#fraud

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Its a scam, i have sold 10 cars through craigslist, aswell as 30 game consoles, weapons, electronics and other shit. I have gotten atleast 5 fake cashiers checks, one was even from the bank i work for i researched it and found it was an old closed account. On a cashiers check your bank is to verify when they cash it if they dont it will show up in the account for sometimes up to two weeks before the system realizes its fake. And pulls the funds out and charges you a NSF fee.

Once again its a scam and a very very common one.

Thread Information