Results 1 to 19 of 19

Just want to post

This is a discussion on Just want to post within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; IVe been trying to 2 days to post about selling my car, it wont let me, no matter what section, ...

  1. #1
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Just want to post

    IVe been trying to 2 days to post about selling my car, it wont let me, no matter what section, or what i do. I even posted something else in the new guns and amm section, that worked first try...I'm pissed!
    Last edited by Spikito; 01-03-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: see!!! this worked!!!!

  2. #2
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Start a thread in here about selling your car and I will move it to vehicle classifieds for you.

  3. #3
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Ive already sold it....I just wanted others opinion on the situation.....ill just let you read for yourself

  4. #4
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    ok so most of you know i wrecked my car in july, no one will fix it, i fucked up the k-member and oil pan.

    OK so a salvage yard guy offered me $450, I didn't take it. I can always go back to him.

    So i put it on ebay, classifieds, no dice.

    relisted in general auction, got 12 watchers, and over 800 views, then a guy bought it for $1100.

    ok so i see hes located in the UK....first red flag. Then his email is worded funny, but maybe its just a UK thing, he basically says "hey, I don't have a paypal account, give me a mailing address and ill send you a cashiers check and my shippers contact info. Don't worry, ill pay him, you just need to help him pick it up so he can take it to my son."

    ok that doesnt sound too bad, I gave him my moms P.O box. If a check shows up, and it clears, then ill go along, if not, fuck him, he cant do anything with a P.O. box

    but then i check his Ebay page, he made an account just to bid, he created it today.


    any tips?

  5. #5
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Sounds sketchy to me, but I really don't see what risk you would have. If he sends you the money, great, if not, its not like you would be out anything. I would just proceed with caution and see what happens, not expecting it too actually happen.

  6. #6
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    thats what im doing....my mom said shed let me know if a check shows up....until then im just hangin out

  7. #7
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    I would be very skeptical myself

    Reminds me of those scams where they send you a cashiers check for more than they owe and ask you to send them the extra.

    Cashiers checks can phony just like checking account checks can be.

    Just be careful and use common sense

  8. #8
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I would be very skeptical myself

    Reminds me of those scams where they send you a cashiers check for more than they owe and ask you to send them the extra.

    Cashiers checks can phony just like checking account checks can be.

    Just be careful and use common sense
    yeah ive heard of that....can we cash a phony cashiers check...then get the money taken back?

  9. #9
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    yeah ive heard of that....can we cash a phony cashiers check...then get the money taken back?
    If it's phony, you won't be able to cash it at all.

  10. #10
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    actually be careful ...i learned that on those checks..you are responsible to return the money to the account of the "stolen" account...get the check...and start calling on it to find out who the holder on the account is...just to double check...the back should be able to inform the account holder and see if it is indeed intended ....

    i bet the check will be in an american bank...with someone's name who isnt the person you talked to...

    did you ever wonder why someone couldn't take 5 minutes and make a paypal account ?

    this is definatly a scam ..i am sorry to say....i had shit like this for my grand am when i sold it ..all the time...i got a ton of evidence ..saved emails ...made him/her start to email me to my hotmail account (due to its advanced view in the header allowed for it to list the ip...did a few whois lookups)called the bank on the check (wells fargo). Called the business the check was from and alerted the state police ...i handed all the evidence i had to them and signed something saying everything that happened ... i'd suggest you do the same.

  11. #11
    Junior Member red99camaross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    alberta
    Posts
    96

    red
    99 camaro ss

    scammers piss me off

    report his stupid scammer ass

  12. #12
    Member SAGGIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    994

    RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    ok so most of you know i wrecked my car in july, no one will fix it, i fucked up the k-member and oil pan.

    OK so a salvage yard guy offered me $450, I didn't take it. I can always go back to him.

    So i put it on ebay, classifieds, no dice.

    relisted in general auction, got 12 watchers, and over 800 views, then a guy bought it for $1100.

    ok so i see hes located in the UK....first red flag. Then his email is worded funny, but maybe its just a UK thing, he basically says "hey, I don't have a paypal account, give me a mailing address and ill send you a cashiers check and my shippers contact info. Don't worry, ill pay him, you just need to help him pick it up so he can take it to my son."

    ok that doesnt sound too bad, I gave him my moms P.O box. If a check shows up, and it clears, then ill go along, if not, fuck him, he cant do anything with a P.O. box

    but then i check his Ebay page, he made an account just to bid, he created it today.


    any tips?
    Its a scam. There are lot of ads on Craigslist.com that have nice, beautiful cars for sale for dirt cheap. On every occasion that I emailed these people they were always either out of state, out of country, in a financial bind, just got divorced etc etc. They always wanted my name and address so they could send me the "documents" for the vehicle. In a business transaction people must communicate and this communication for me must at the very least be over the phone. Emails don't fly with me. If a person is hesitant to give you a phone number or to call you, I automatically throw the potential transaction out the window because if someone is genuinely trying to sell/purchase a product why would they not want to talk about it?

  13. #13
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    whoa, yall are making some assumptions, he's been more than willing to make contact.

    Paypal also takes several days to set up, they deposit the money into your account, which takes 3-5 days to clear, and verify your address, etc. plus hes in the UK, paypal may not be popular over there.

    ON ebay, cashiers checks are the preferred method, I put paypal down as a secondary, he was just telling me he didn't have one.


    I use gmail, it gives me his name.

    How can I check whether the bank account is real or not?

  14. #14
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,519

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    tell him money order only.....no checks of any kind. Situations like this I don't think it should be insulting to him for you to want to protect yourself. If he doesn't want to do that then it was a scam.

  15. #15
    Junior Member JDHedman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lake In The Hills IL
    Posts
    79

    black
    2000 Z28

    It is a scam!! a buddy of mine had the same thing happen when he was selling his bike. he ended up paying out $2k in fines and stuff the check cleared and cashed like 5 days later he got a call from the bank.. he was almost charged with bank fraud, this is a scam.. report him to ebay. I woukld even post his email on her so some of us could have some fun with the sob

  16. #16
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    i had someone pull a story nearly identical to that on me when i was selling my truck. so after that and fussing with three days of BS emails, i sold my truck for $5k cash only.

    i def wouldn't trust it. 0rion is right, money order or cash.

  17. #17
    Member MeGoFast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chitown Burbs
    Age
    52
    Posts
    157

    Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

    Its a scam.

    Next ad put additional details such as the following, I do it and seldom if ever get numbnuts bidding.

    US buyers only, no time wasters, deadbeat bidders, scammers or telemarketers, serious inquiries only. Any one with less than 5 feedbacks or negative feedback must contact me prior to bidding. Paypal, cash or moneyorders only

    Sounds like your going to have to relist it--Good Luck!!

  18. #18
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    whoa, yall are making some assumptions, he's been more than willing to make contact.

    Paypal also takes several days to set up, they deposit the money into your account, which takes 3-5 days to clear, and verify your address, etc. plus hes in the UK, paypal may not be popular over there.

    ON ebay, cashiers checks are the preferred method, I put paypal down as a secondary, he was just telling me he didn't have one.


    I use gmail, it gives me his name.

    How can I check whether the bank account is real or not?
    No, they are not.

    "Make it easy for your buyers to pay by accepting one or more electronic payment methods. (All eBay sellers are required to accept at least one of our approved electronic payment options.) This is the safest payment method for you as the seller and is fast and convenient for buyers."



    Read here:

    http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/avoid...ems.html#fraud

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Its a scam, i have sold 10 cars through craigslist, aswell as 30 game consoles, weapons, electronics and other shit. I have gotten atleast 5 fake cashiers checks, one was even from the bank i work for i researched it and found it was an old closed account. On a cashiers check your bank is to verify when they cash it if they dont it will show up in the account for sometimes up to two weeks before the system realizes its fake. And pulls the funds out and charges you a NSF fee.


    Once again its a scam and a very very common one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First Post
    By Z28Cam in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2015, 03:57 PM
  2. Post a Woman and then Post Tiger's Reaction(NWS)
    By Xx JEWEL xX in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 07:47 AM
  3. 10,000 Post
    By Sarge in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 08:21 AM
  4. How come after I post and hit new posts I don't see my own post ?
    By Hurley711 in forum Request and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 06:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •