down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Just something about the B4C

I think I have made up my mind to try and invest in a B4C camaro. Yes, I know they are automatic, yes I know they are debadged...and yes...I know one is going to have high miles on it. There is just something about this car that attracts me. It seems like the perfect sleeper car to me and I would love to have one one day...is there anyone on this site who owns one? I would love to hear your feedback on it.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

I had choice of that one and SS and I picked the SS. But if it was between a z28 and b4c. B4C all the way.
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Its more than likely going to be between B4C and Z28....I just cant afford an SS at the time and I am craving LS1 so I am impatient..lol

black
    2002 Camaro B4C SS

I recently bought a 2002 B4C that is a former Florida Highway Patrol chase vehicle. 107,000 miles and still running strong. It has no badges, but the SS outline is still on the back. The only bad part is the headliner has holes in it from the police apparatus. I would definately recommend it to anyone.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

So.....worth buying? what does insurance look like?

black
    2002 Camaro B4C SS

Worth buying? Of course. I have it as a weekend car for my insurance, so it's not too bad. Do you have one in mind?

Both white
    An LT1 and an LS1

B4Cs also came in M6s, but are pretty rare. GMMG used quite a few M6 cars for their Phase I/II/III cars.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

I want one really bad now...something struck me and getting me into them. I just started my new job at Cox Cable so its going to be some months before getting any money.. im looking to spending around 8,000 for one but im just hoping I can find one when I get the money..im not too picky on the miles becasue I know they are going to be high

black
    2002 Camaro B4C SS

There are a few on Ebay. Usually around $8000 - $10,000.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Im liking the black one on there now

Also..there is a guy up the road that has a white one for sale, there are still holes from the light bar and its missing some lug nuts

I know the cars were more than likely abused as well..but its the fact of having one that suits me, its not quite a Z28..and not quite an SS, its a B4C

18D Cock Diesel

Actually, they usually have mostly highway miles and they are regularly serviced and well-cared for. The only blemishes are the usual seat rips from the LEOs utility belt.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

True, nothing I cant fix...im mainly concerned about driveline and engine mostly...i just hope I can find one one day when I get the money

white
    2001 b4c camaro

I bought one about a month ago. White 01 148k on her. Interior is very nice for a b4c. Its actually 1 of 47 that year and color. I paid a cool $5700 for her. Definetely a sleeper and good for mods. She's not perfect, but for that kind of money she is very very good condition!!!

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

yea cops tear the hell out of thier cars, a cop DRIVING A CHARGER i was following (he was showing me how to get to a place that i was gonna stay that i didnt know where it was) and im following him, hes doing 75 down a back road and HITS a gravel road @ 75mph, gravel flying!!!

im like good lord the state just pays for it when he breaks it!!

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

lol true...i expected the abuse

18D Cock Diesel

They usually paint it back to civilian colors before they sell it though. What do you expect for <$6K?? You do get what you pay for. The better the condition, the more you pay. You just have to be selective and know what to look for when you buy...just like any other car.

Bk
    1999 Camaro Z28

I'd go with the Z28 based on the way that cops abuse their patrol cars. Sure there are regular maintenance schedules and they mostly drive highway miles, but I've seen how these guys drive. Flooring it all the time, slamming on the brakes, A/C on constantly, etc. A similar mileage Z28 in better mechanical/cosmetic shape can be had for around the same price.

Thread Information