just bought a new SS!!

Hey guys, I was out cruising around Monday and spotted a sharp SS sitting on a local car lot and fell in love. Took it home yesterday. It's an '02, 35th anniversary, auto, dark blue w/ tan leather, T-tops, and a bunch of other options. Has 104k and appears to have been very well maintained. It's stock other than a K&N, flowmaster, and cat delete. It runs and drives great and pulls HARD! I have built a lot of Mustangs and worked on all kinds of hot rods but this is my first LS1. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do with some head work, big cam, stall, and gears!

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

white
    97 z28/SS

yea get some pics . how much did you get it for?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

FYI:

1. All 2002 Camaros have that "35th Anniversary" doohickey on the dash above the radio.

2. Just so you know, the color is Navy Blue Metallic (NBM) and the tan is called "Taupe". I don't know why, but these are the correct names.

3. The auto tranny is referred to as an A4. The manual (for a V8) is referred to as a M6.

4. To verify that it's a real SS (there are a few clones out there) look on the drivers side door. There will be a paper sticker with a bunch of 3 position alpha numeric codes which will be all the options your car has. If you find a "WU8" then you have a real SS. If it has additional SLP options their will be a sticker for those too.

Have fun with your car. I like them so much I bought 2.

<---------------- My LS1 cars.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 05-28-2008 at 01:54 PM.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

welcome............congrads on your new ride

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    FYI:
    1. All 2002 Camaros have that "35th Anniversary" doohickey on the dash above the radio.
    Cool, didn't know that, thanks.

4. To verify that it's a real SS (there are a few clones out there) look on the drivers side door. There will be a paper sticker with a bunch of 3 position alpha numeric codes which will be all the options your car has. If you find a "WU8" then you have a real SS. If it has additional SLP options their will be a sticker for those too.
    Yeah I was reading about that, but I didn't find the RPO sticker. There are two other stickers which list tire inflation pressures etc but no RPO sticker. Can I look up my VIN number somehow and find out all the RPO codes?

The car has the correct hood, spoiler, emblems, black t-tops w/ transparent top, etc, along with the SS owner's supplement in the glovebox. I don't think it's a clone but it would be nice to check. Even if it is a clone, no big deal, cause it looks and runs great!

yea get some pics . how much did you get it for?
    OK, I'll get some ASAP. I got it for $12k, which I thought was a pretty decent deal considering its condition and history.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Take the VIN to a Chevy dealer and have them run it for you. They'll know every option it came with as it will appear on their computer as to what it is. If your lucky they'll do it for free.

35th SS LE
    Congrats
    you gotta share some pix though

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by shiftless View Post
    Hey guys, I was out cruising around Monday and spotted a sharp SS sitting on a local car lot and fell in love. Took it home yesterday. It's an '02, 35th anniversary, auto, dark blue w/ tan leather, T-tops, and a bunch of other options. Has 104k and appears to have been very well maintained. It's stock other than a K&N, flowmaster, and cat delete. It runs and drives great and pulls HARD! I have built a lot of Mustangs and worked on all kinds of hot rods but this is my first LS1. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do with some head work, big cam, stall, and gears!
    Congrats, nice buy. LS1's pull hard stock, and much harder modded. Have fun and enjoy your new ride

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Take the VIN to a Chevy dealer and have them run it for you. They'll know every option it came with as it will appear on their computer as to what it is. If your lucky they'll do it for free.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...=82854&page=10

If your luck... I do it for free, here!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

You're gonna have to do his again as it has a different door and he didn't use the VIN on the dash.

BTW, I'll keep you in mind should I ever need a 4th gen decoded.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

You're gonna have to do his again as it has a different door and he didn't use the VIN on the dash.

BTW, I'll keep you in mind should I ever need a 4th gen decoded.
    All fixed.

Yeah, I am more than happy to help anyone here out with VIS lookups.

I could have sworn that this was the original door. The paint, fit, etc is perfect, and the door stickers look like they were put there by the factory. But then I looked very closely, and saw a bit of maroon showing through on the door striker! The body shop must have just done a good job.

Thread Information