Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just Bought 99 SS

This is a discussion on Just Bought 99 SS within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Nice looking car!...

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

Nice looking car!

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Hey Mac, I've got a similar setup to yours, with the Borla and LTs. The only difference would be that I've got an ORY w/ cats re-installed. And some would say "Well, what's the point in having the ORY w/ cats, and not just keeping the factory Y?" Not sure how much of a "newbie" you are to the LS fbody, but the factory Y has one significant difference in that it has a flattened area under the driver's side (i think?) floorboard. And the ORY is the same circular diameter all the way back.

But in all honesty, I bought the car like that Guy said he had cats welded back on w/ new O2 bungs, to "help the car sell". Sounds quiet as hell, but get it past 2400RPMs, and it gets LOOOOUUUUD!! Not as loud as say a car with LTs/ORY and a damn SLP LoudMouth, but those things are rather raspy, that's where half the noise comes from (IMO, and it sounds horrible).

And by the way, I LOVE those wheels on your car! Those factory SS/ZR1 wheels look phat as hell. I'm torn between those and chrome C6s on mine... is yours a hardtop?

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Does the slp air intake, air lid smooth bellows do anything at all? Waste of money??? Theres a guy near me on craigs list with all of it for 75... worth it??

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    Does the slp air intake, air lid smooth bellows do anything at all? Waste of money??? Theres a guy near me on craigs list with all of it for 75... worth it??
    I'd pick it up for $50... if you can't jew him down to $50, tell him to meet you in the middle somewhere at $60 or $65. I'd still do it for $75, but hey, even 10 bucks is a few gallons of gas which could be the difference in the money you actually spent to go look at 'em But I'm a cheap-skate like that. Just try not to piss him off in the process

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Mac - What you NEED to do, is get you a set of nice aftermarket halo or projector headlights like half of these guys on here have, and sell me your factory headlight housings

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

haha i'm not a fan of those lights i like the factory ones sorry man. but he was asking 125 and i offered 75 and he took that so it seemed worth it

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Heres some better pictures i hate how the ground isnt level but still looks damn good for 6000

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

$6k??? I hate you.... jk

I picked mine up for $4500. My past two LS1s were 6 speeds, so I was looking for an automatic, didn't care for the color. I found the one I have now, the color matched the truck (cool), automatic (cool), only a hair over 100k (cool), Monsoon cd player with steering wheel controls (cool), and already had full exhaust (cool). The one thing I didn't notice in the pictures when I went to look at the car, was that it was a hardtop just painted black. I almost walked away from it, but kept thinking about it, and decided a hardtop would probably be better, as I always have bad luck with T's, and never took 'em off. Sounds like you got a better bargain than me, but just goes to show that if you look long enough, you'll find some nice deals on LS powered fbodys!

Again, great buy man!!! Car looks sharp! And I LOVE those wheels!

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Thanks ya i am so pumped that i found this car. Its got 102 on it but you would never tell by the looks and how it drives no rattles at all. tops dont leak. he babied it so much and you can tell. He was so funny he told me that the speaker blew in the back so he went to the chevy dealership and bought all 6 new speakers from the factory! Why even bother haha but hey he wanted to keep it all orignal. But i think 4500 is a deal also. I just lucked out perfect timing. He was asking 8900 and just couldnt sell it he had 4 offers for 8500 but then they couldnt get financing cause of how old it is. I just offered 6 grand and i would put tires on and he did it cause he's getting married next month. Its funny cause the tires arent even bald they are all dry rotted from sitting. I have the receipt and they are 6 years old haha what camaro has tires with tread on the back and 6 years old? None lol anyways thanks again and id gladly pay 4500 for your car...if i sell my rims and tires i'll let you know if your interested

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I'm actually selling my chrome C6s, GF said I had to, too many wheels/tires laying around There's alot of 'em that I like, so I snatch 'em up Have fun with your SS, I bought mine with the SS hood (that's actually functional), and I'm glad it came that way. The factory plain Z28 hood is just ugly, IMO. Again, excellent lookin' car man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information