midnight blue metalic
    2001 camaro z28

Isnt the greedy general reason why f bodies are minimal?

Isnt that the reason why the design of cooling system ,clutch systems , differentials, t56's ,cats and maybe creakin t tops unglued roof panels failing window lift motors, single exhausts ect did i leave anything out?
    Isn't it just a pretty face with a v8 safety features , bells and whistles yes but all at the expense of failing basic systems cause of weak design with hope that we'll buy parts and services from the greedy general??

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Not much of a happy camper are we...

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

No too certain I understand what you're talking about....

midnight blue metalic
    2001 camaro z28

Well for instance if the radiator is a pint low or the overflow containers is empty the engine will run hotter than normal anf gauge will move up some just with that small amount missing from system.
    Arent window lift motors prone to failure infamaously?
    Isny there usually some kinda clunkin around rear end / maybe more so with a stick?
    I mean these z28's new were not cheap in 2001 right?
    i mean for the amount of money they costed new i feel that say if the radiator was bigger giving you margin in case a little water was missin?
    Lets say the rear end was stock an 8.8 for instance there would be room for an ocassional chirping of the tires without breakage ect.
    Lets say for the incresed h.p. in these cars stockwise that maybe with the incresed heat that things fail cause of heat, example the clutch hydraulics with the heat of the motor the seapage past seals will increase grinding in the t56.
    More heat introduced from motor increases damage to nearly every component under the hood generally.
    If the general increases in heat known by the general made heavier duty components to compensate maybe things like overheating and premature failing components would occur less thats all i'm saying.
    I just feel that this not only the f bodies , goes for the rival also, except that the rival was easier to work on.
    I,m nitpickin my gauge went up last night some and i found it only to be maybe a pint low and overflow reovoir empty thats all.
    i was just suprised how the gauge reacted just like that i guess good in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    No too certain I understand what you're talking about....

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Agreed. This is like the third or fourth thread by the op bashing these cars.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by denegrader View Post
    Well for instance if the radiator is a pint low or the overflow containers is empty the engine will run hotter than normal anf gauge will move up some just with that small amount missing from system.
    Arent window lift motors prone to failure infamaously?
    Isny there usually some kinda clunkin around rear end / maybe more so with a stick?
    I mean these z28's new were not cheap in 2001 right?
    i mean for the amount of money they costed new i feel that say if the radiator was bigger giving you margin in case a little water was missin?
    Lets say the rear end was stock an 8.8 for instance there would be room for an ocassional chirping of the tires without breakage ect.
    Lets say for the incresed h.p. in these cars stockwise that maybe with the incresed heat that things fail cause of heat, example the clutch hydraulics with the heat of the motor the seapage past seals will increase grinding in the t56.
    More heat introduced from motor increases damage to nearly every component under the hood generally.
    If the general increases in heat known by the general made heavier duty components to compensate maybe things like overheating and premature failing components would occur less thats all i'm saying.
    I just feel that this not only the f bodies , goes for the rival also, except that the rival was easier to work on.
    I,m nitpickin my gauge went up last night some and i found it only to be maybe a pint low and overflow reovoir empty thats all.
    i was just suprised how the gauge reacted just like that i guess good in a way.
    So the bottom line is, your engine temp gauge went higher than normal and your coolant was a bit low? Is that correct?

Window motors are known to have issues, becasue the motor itself is a tad too weak for the large sized glass. But mine are OEM and have yet to fail.

T56's are excellent transmissions. Stock internals will hold up to 500+hp without really beating on them regularly. GM did not build these cars as race cars... they were built for street use, so when abused, like anything, they will break. Again, mine is OEM and I have no issues.

My clutch is an LS7 because the stock LS1 clutch wouldn't hold up to the power I made after my cam swap. Both slave and master cyl. are OEM and do not leak.

The rear axles are weak. They are prone to failure when you launch the car. Again, with abuse comes weak points. There are several people who are still running stock 10bolts with no issues.

As with owning any vehicle, parts will fail if not taken care of. Our cars are 10 years old now, it should be expected to have part failures.

midnight blue metalic
    2001 camaro z28

Talking

i own one i like it i am just saying and knowing that heat in general is an enemy of components and the LS-1 produces it readily and i'm concerned it prematurly fails components.
    The objective nature of viewing reality is always a plus .
    I,m not saying bashing complaining or unhappy i,m just stating what i feel is deficiencies of not only f bodies but there are deficiencies in THe Rival also.
    Remember this is only a material transportation medium 1st thats all.
    Its a steel glass plastic vehicle that will probly outlive all of us .
    Point being if we all got to sit around gloat be happy about how great are cars are and how crappy other cars are to me thats a little boring to say the least.
    I,m happy that everyones so happy with their our, beloved f body.
    What is wrong with being objective?
    Doesnt anyone want to adress proffesionaly experience wise that maybe these f bodies are maybe as good as or better that any thing, i hope that experienced f body owners will add substance so i can learn how good these f bodies actually are?
    I like happy f body owners.
    I,m a happy fbody owner.

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post

midnight blue metalic
    2001 camaro z28

Talking

Very informative and supportive
    thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    So the bottom line is, your engine temp gauge went higher than normal and your coolant was a bit low? Is that correct?

Window motors are known to have issues, becasue the motor itself is a tad too weak for the large sized glass. But mine are OEM and have yet to fail.

T56's are excellent transmissions. Stock internals will hold up to 500+hp without really beating on them regularly. GM did not build these cars as race cars... they were built for street use, so when abused, like anything, they will break. Again, mine is OEM and I have no issues.

My clutch is an LS7 because the stock LS1 clutch wouldn't hold up to the power I made after my cam swap. Both slave and master cyl. are OEM and do not leak.

The rear axles are weak. They are prone to failure when you launch the car. Again, with abuse comes weak points. There are several people who are still running stock 10bolts with no issues.

As with owning any vehicle, parts will fail if not taken care of. Our cars are 10 years old now, it should be expected to have part failures.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Thats why there is an aftermarket.

Some people just want a nice car thats affordable with enough power to drive everyday,thats who the stock F cars are geared to build wise.

Then there are people like us who demand more out of our cars,accelerating,braking,handling.

We go to the aftermarket and customize our cars to fit our own tastes and driving styles.

Thankfully GM gave us a great platform to start with.

Not to bash or anything but.........

It sounds like you might be happier in a Mustang.
    2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS A6
    1999 TA A4 NBM
    12.265 at 110.52mph

Rally Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

What he said.

I think, as a generalization, a lot of these cars live hard lives. That being said, I'm a big believer in care and maintenance. While I would love to have a cam and stall right now, I've been busy doing all the boring stuff that I know will keep the car running right.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Blame it on Obama! I do...

Rally Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

blame it on obama! I do...
    lol!

Maroon
    2000 z28 6 speed

are you drunk. or suicidal?
    2001 B4C Totaled 4/25/11
    2000 Z28 M6 Cammed N' Slammed (SVT KLR)

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Don't know where to begin, so I will end it.............

Thread Information