Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Installing LM 11 myself ......

This is a discussion on Installing LM 11 myself ...... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I would have the LM welded on. Its not that expensive and worth the extra cash. JMO...

Junior Member 2001SSCamaro#2516's Avatar

Black
    2001 SS Camaro

I would have the LM welded on. Its not that expensive and worth the extra cash.
    JMO

Black
    2002 Camaro ss

Thumbs up

Hey 2001SSCamaro#2516

Maybe I will have it welded, it is good to know that your ride is solid.

What system do you have ?

Jess ..........

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Hey 9t8z28

I bet you were wound tight about that '69 Chevelle !
    What engine + tranny does it have ?
    Man those auto tranny's from that era had a great shifter, too cool.
    What gear does your Chevelle have ?

I have a turbo 400 in my 1983 K-20 plow truck. I just change the fluid + filter in it every year or so and it is one tough tranny. I wish the 4l60e was even close to being as strong in my 02 ss, as the 1971 turbo 400 is in my plow truck. I worry about this transmission in my Camaro.

By the way, the tips I am talking about are the tips that came stock on my 2002 Camaro ss.

All the best

Jess .......
    It is an all original Azure Turquise SS396/325HP with a M-21 w/3:73's. Right now I have the original engine, trans, and rear out replaced by a badass 402 back by another m-21.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Hey SSwt00SS

Thanks for your advice.

The weather is my bigest enemy.
    I do not have a heated area, just a pole barn, but it keeps my ss covered.
    Last night it was 7 below zero here. Now we have a major snow storm heading our way, but it looks as though about 8 states can expect some of that so I should not be complaining. I don't have to like it though.

Do you know if the sound is different from the duel outlet pipes on each side of one option LM, as compared to the single outlet tip option LM ?

The duel tip on each side sort of remainds me of a euro car and I don't like that !

All the best, and thanks !

Jess ........

don't weld your modular system together. hence the point they changed it up and made it modular. i had an exhaust shop tack-weld the in 4 spots the rear piece to the piece that fits over the rear axle (so the tips would not look crooked). the rest is clamped together. if anything do what i did, so that way all you have to do is cut the 4 weld spots to loosen your system instead of having to cut it completely...

i bought mine with the dual/dual tips and sold them on EBAY for $90 after no one on here wanted them. I went with 4" dia *22" long Magnaflow tips. i am not a dual/dual fan, and if you aren't sell them and get something you like.

yes, different exhaust tips DO affect the sound the car makes. I did not install the dual/duals on my car and drove it for a week before my tips came in and after I put those on, it really woke the Loudmouth up. the reason i went with the 22" long tips is so that you could not see the transition from the 2.5" to the 4". look in the last pic. hope this helps ya...Brian

Black
    2002 Camaro ss

Thumbs up

Hey SSwt00SS

I am going to take your advice.
    I like those tips !
    Those pictures are very helpful,
    That is a great looking car.

You ever get pulled over because of the tinted glass ?

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

thanks for the compliments Jess. and no, no issues with the tint, it is legal. if i get pulled over for anything it will be from the sound of my car...

BTW, once you get everything on, and in place before you tighten down the clamps, rotate them 90° so that the bolts are to the side (look at my first pic). if not any speed bumps, dips, steep inclines, whatever will cause you to grind them down, and metal on pavement sucks to hear. that's why i took the pic, cause i did not do that and had to get back under and rotate them all...hahaha

learn from others mistakes...

Black
    2002 Camaro ss

Thumbs up

SSwt00SS

Thanks for the insight about ground clearance issues.
    I am familiar with them also.

Here in Michigan they have a law against tinted windows, and the State Police stop people all the time for it.

I saw your black oil filter and was wondering what kind it is ?
    This is an interesting subject, I have always used AC on my Chevys, but am open to a better working filter. Preventive maintenance is always the best thing to do in my book.

Man the underside of your Camaro looks as good as the topside.

By the way, what brand of headers do you have on that GM rocket ?

Wish our weather was half as good as what you must have there down south,
    we have another winter storm heading our way for thursday/friday.

jess ......

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

I will have to get back to you on the oil filter. I dont' remember what brand it is. they didn't have AC Delco in that day, and so I went with another brand...

as for the headers, I am running LT's that many refer to as 'the EBAY' or 'XS' headers. I bought them off Ebay for $340 shipped last fall. They are stainless steel and for that price I couldn't pass them up. Since I got them and put them on, many others have as well. write ups and threads are all over the various sites, etc. good quality headers, welds and most of all no issues when installing them...

Junior Member 2001SSCamaro#2516's Avatar

Black
    2001 SS Camaro

I kept the dual/dual tips on mine because I like the way they look. I never plan on removing my LM, that is why I had it welded up. Done have to worry about clamps loosening or leaks. Only have a rear shot photo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information