Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 SS

Importer Moving to V8's :P-Got an OO SS- Part List

Hello all, I was an import only driver for the last 8 years (26) I have owned an Audi TT, a G35 both as my daily so far, amid a various slew of beater boxes, (hondas, integras etc:P)
    The vette has always been my favorite car, but recently I made a decision to go back to school, and sold my G35 for something with no payments. Since i was making a career change i also figured I would make a power change to the famous LS1, I picked up a 2000 SS for cheap, it has about 56k miles on it and is a manual 6 speed

Well I dont have much knowledge about American muscle, and what I am asking from you great group of guys and gals is a part list complete with websites and manufacturers, please dont be generic like "cams" or "heads" :P. I have no clue about brands and vendors for american cars lol.

I am wanting to have above 500 HP min at the wheels (and still be streetable)
    Cost is always an issue in life but I am willing to put around 7k in it (before labor) I also not afraid to go FI but its needs to be daily drivable.

Could you all help me with a cost list and manufactures, Oh one last thing IT HAS TO BE street legal in California,

Thank you in advance, oh I used the search button over the last couple days but couldn't find anything specific really for what I am looking for.

PS I live in Chico California, so if anyone knows of any good shops.
    Last edited by jadenharrow; 06-19-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

383 stroker and a a procharger... badd ass clutch.... and rearend

Black
    2001 SS

Quote Originally Posted by OnEbAdReDSS View Post
    383 stroker and a a procharger... badd ass clutch.... and rearend
    Any particular brands? If you have websites it would much loved

Black
    2000 Z-28

Black
    2001 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Thank you i think I like the procharger you linked above, any suggestions for the a 383 stroker ?
    I live in Chico California

The Red Reaper 98Z28importslayer's Avatar

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 T-Top A4

Texasspeeddotcom thats your site for all your needs or www.summitracing.com they both have tech support
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 06-20-2008 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Removed direct link to a non sponsor

Black
    2001 SS

Thank you all very much for your responses so far!

Red
    2000 TRANS AM WS6 RAM AIR

Quote Originally Posted by jadenharrow View Post
    Hello all, I was an import only driver for the last 8 years (26) I have owned an Audi TT, a G35 both as my daily so far, amid a various slew of beater boxes, (hondas, integras etc:P)
    The vette has always been my favorite car, but recently I made a decision to go back to school, and sold my G35 for something with no payments. Since i was making a career change i also figured I would make a power change to the famous LS1, I picked up a 2000 SS for cheap, it has about 56k miles on it and is a manual 6 speed

Well I dont have much knowledge about American muscle, and what I am asking from you great group of guys and gals is a part list complete with websites and manufacturers, please dont be generic like "cams" or "heads" :P. I have no clue about brands and vendors for american cars lol.

I am wanting to have above 500 HP min at the wheels (and still be streetable)
    Cost is always an issue in life but I am willing to put around 7k in it (before labor) I also not afraid to go FI but its needs to be daily drivable.

Could you all help me with a cost list and manufactures, Oh one last thing IT HAS TO BE street legal in California,

Thank you in advance, oh I used the search button over the last couple days but couldn't find anything specific really for what I am looking for.

PS I live in Chico California, so if anyone knows of any good shops.
    Congrats, the LS1 is an incredible Platform to build on, you will learn that there seems to be no end to what you can do with it, unlike the Imports where you constantly running in to limits.

Not that there aren't some fast imports out there but they are far and few between and expensive.

500 Rear wheel is an attanable goal, there are several ways to get there, you can leave the engine alone and do it with boost only, or you can go a more radical approach and do it N/A, I Recently tuned a N/A car with bolt ons that made 459 at the tire Pretty impressive on my Superflow.

The nice part about boost only is less down time, you can usually knock them out in a weekend.

My personal 2000 TA makes 476 at the tire on a stock motor with Vortech supercharger system and a flowmaster cat back, and I can drive it anywhere I want.

It is hilarious when you can pull away from a Cobra or Vette like they got the brakes on.

The rear end is the only week link in the car and should be addressed before any serious mods are done, You Know, Build the foundation before the house.

Enjoy.

Ted.
    Last edited by 2000RamAir; 06-20-2008 at 06:07 AM.

White
    2001 Camaro SS & 2007 R6

If you are looking for your car to be street legal in california, I believe that LT's are illegal. Dont forget about trying to get the car smogged it you go the N/A way. Most shops when they hear a cam'ed car they wont even touch it. If you want my advise, go with a Procharger, it will get you almost where you want to be.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Welcome to the site Jade

Please refrain from posting direct links to non sponsors guys. Here is a list of our site sponsors that you can post direct links to.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/sponsor.php
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 06-20-2008 at 08:24 AM.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Welcome to the site Jade

Please refrain from posting direct links to non sponsors guys. Here is a list of our site sponsors that you can post direct links to.
    What list?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    What list?

Fixed

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Fixed
    Haha. I was just making sure I didnt go blind man. Mama said I would if I kept doing that....

Black
    2000 Z-28

Welcome to the site Jade

http://www.ls1.com/forums/sponsor.php
    My bad!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    My bad!
    No problem

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    Haha. I was just making sure I didnt go blind man. Mama said I would if I kept doing that....
    Well according to Myth Busters......

You'll know what I'm talking about if you watch Adult Swim's Robot Chicken on Cartoon Network and have seen the Myth Busters vignette.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

These cars are very reliable on boost, so if you want 500 to the wheel, boost is the way you can go. I personally would go turbo but you are looking at 7k........
    It depends on what you want, give us more on what you would prefer because i can type up pages of things you can do, what would you rather have, nitrous, supercharger, or turbo. You can get by with either here in california as long as you can have it tuned properly and someone who does not visually inspect your car.
    From my experience our cars are pretty sturdy, i know i flog the hell out of mine all the time.

Black
    2001 SS

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    These cars are very reliable on boost, so if you want 500 to the wheel, boost is the way you can go. I personally would go turbo but you are looking at 7k........
    It depends on what you want, give us more on what you would prefer because i can type up pages of things you can do, what would you rather have, nitrous, supercharger, or turbo. You can get by with either here in california as long as you can have it tuned properly and someone who does not visually inspect your car.
    From my experience our cars are pretty sturdy, i know i flog the hell out of mine all the time.
    First I would like to thank everyone for the warm response, Its always nice to feel welcomed
    I didnt know about the links, I will look and only post from that list,:P sorry Y2k

As for what I want, I would really like to go built before Forced, but I have to worry about Cali's smog laws, and honestly a stoker kit and some nice exhaust sounds really nice but I am now worried if cali will let me have it!! Also Spray doesnt interest me, I am sorry its never been my thing.

Any suggestions ?

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

well if you want to build it up before that is what i would suggest, before boost. As going for more cubes, you can get away with it, just have a conservative tune, anything is possible with good tuning. I say nay to spray also, i am all about boost.

I am kind of busy right now, but later on, maybe in the evening time i'll send you a few links in a pm.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

First I would like to thank everyone for the warm response, Its always nice to feel welcomed
    I didnt know about the links, I will look and only post from that list,:P sorry Y2k
    No worries, glad to have you here. Everyone does a good job helping members out here, just got to protect the sponsors that help keep the site going as well

Thread Information