Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

I'm ready...

This is a discussion on I'm ready... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I finally did it... after all the shit talking for over a year, I finally set the appointment with Vector ...

  1. #1
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    I'm ready...

    I finally did it... after all the shit talking for over a year, I finally set the appointment with Vector Motorsports to get the cam, pushrods, and springs swapped out. Along with a dyno tune.

    Cam : Comp 228/232 duration .588/.574 lift
    Rods: Comp chromoly
    Springs: PSI springs

    Total $1815 (including tune)

    I'm nervous and excited at the same time. What should I expect??? Last time I dropped this kind of cash at one time was for body work... on a motorcycle.

    Wish me luck fellas! I'm hoping to break into the 400 rwhp club.

    2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

    2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

    2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

    2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

  2. #2
    rapter34
    Guest
    I would say you are going to be very close to 400 RWHP we will have to cross our fingers and see. Also can you tell me what made yo go with that cam? I have been thinking about the TSP 228R but have been seeing that it is better to have a larger exh.

  3. #3
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by rapter34 View Post
    I would say you are going to be very close to 400 RWHP we will have to cross our fingers and see. Also can you tell me what made yo go with that cam? I have been thinking about the TSP 228R but have been seeing that it is better to have a larger exh.
    It is actually a cam the shop recommended. They specialize in Fbodys and Corvettes. I picked out a larger cam with a big exhaust ramp, but the installer said I would lose torque. He had installed it on another vehicle and gained 8hp over this particular cam, but lost 18 lbs of torque. The other cam was a 232/240 duration with a .595/.608 lift.

    BTW both cams are 112 LSA

  4. #4
    rapter34
    Guest
    you will ahve to post up a sound clip when you get it all done.

  5. #5
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by rapter34 View Post
    you will ahve to post up a sound clip when you get it all done.
    lol... I planned on it. Hopefully a track clip too!

  6. #6
    rapter34
    Guest
    he quick question What is the intake center lobe? and what should it be? I know what all the other numbers mean but I had never herd of ICL. Thanks

  7. #7
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by rapter34 View Post
    he quick question What is the intake center lobe? and what should it be? I know what all the other numbers mean but I had never herd of ICL. Thanks
    I don't know what that means without looking it up.

  8. #8
    Stang Smoker
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    alameda, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    60

    red
    1994 z28

    wow, nice. sounds like your gonna have a fast camaro cant wait to see/hear this beast

  9. #9
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    I predict you make ~405 RWHP
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  10. #10
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I predict you make ~405 RWHP
    We should start a wager pool... I don't want to get all my hopes up but I am guessing 396 rwhp.

  11. #11
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    I just ordered a set of MSD wires and NGK plugs to go along with everything. Not at a bad price either, $80 w/shipping for everything.

  12. #12
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    The appointment was pushed back a week due to the shop being too busy. Next monday is the new appointment, so now I'm getting antsy!!

    On a side note, I was down on woodward cruising on friday, and my brand new MSD plug wire melted to the header, down to bare wire. Needless to say the engine started missing and I had drive home, aprox. 15 miles. That was a drive of shame for sure! I ordered a new wire and this time I am going to fab up one of the metal boots from the stock plugs to stop this from happening again. Wish me luck!

  13. #13
    Speak the truth jad628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,307

    Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    The appointment was pushed back a week due to the shop being too busy. Next monday is the new appointment, so now I'm getting antsy!!

    On a side note, I was down on woodward cruising on friday, and my brand new MSD plug wire melted to the header, down to bare wire. Needless to say the engine started missing and I had drive home, aprox. 15 miles. That was a drive of shame for sure! I ordered a new wire and this time I am going to fab up one of the metal boots from the stock plugs to stop this from happening again. Wish me luck!

    Good luck! I did the same thing with an Accel wire, but it took longer to melt. It only started to miss when it got to temperature and I was tooling along at low rpm's. Gotta position them just right.

  14. #14
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by rapter34 View Post
    but have been seeing that it is better to have a larger exh.
    Spray?

  15. #15
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Well the day has arrived. I am officially dropping the car off tonight for the cam install. I went ahead and bought an LS2 timing chain to go along with the install, since they will be in there anyway. I won't lie, I'm getting kind of nervous about everything, mainly the amount of money I will be spending! Should be worth it for the power gains though. 4 days without my car, I'm gonna go crazy!

  16. #16
    ls1ftw tigersport14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,035

    NBM
    98 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Well the day has arrived. I am officially dropping the car off tonight for the cam install. I went ahead and bought an LS2 timing chain to go along with the install, since they will be in there anyway. I won't lie, I'm getting kind of nervous about everything, mainly the amount of money I will be spending! Should be worth it for the power gains though. 4 days without my car, I'm gonna go crazy!
    when you get that thing back its gonna be a BEAST. it will be worth it

  17. #17
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Well the day has arrived. I am officially dropping the car off tonight for the cam install. I went ahead and bought an LS2 timing chain to go along with the install, since they will be in there anyway. I won't lie, I'm getting kind of nervous about everything, mainly the amount of money I will be spending! Should be worth it for the power gains though. 4 days without my car, I'm gonna go crazy!
    Say goodbye to your old car and hello to a new monster

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    va beach
    Age
    28
    Posts
    58

    black
    99 z28

    let me no how it goes with your cam swap cause i work for virginia speed here and im thinking of going with our in house package which is a cam and head swap which is i dont no what kind of cam it is but it comes with some ls2 heads we just did it on a 98 z28 stick car and it put a little over 420 to the wheels so let me no how ur camaro handles the cam because im thinking of doing the package we have here

  19. #19
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by vbcamaro89 View Post
    let me no how it goes with your cam swap cause i work for virginia speed here and im thinking of going with our in house package which is a cam and head swap which is i dont no what kind of cam it is but it comes with some ls2 heads we just did it on a 98 z28 stick car and it put a little over 420 to the wheels so let me no how ur camaro handles the cam because im thinking of doing the package we have here
    I will let you know oh king of the punctuation! j/k

    With heads and a cam, you should be well over 420 rwhp. They are predicting my car to be right around 400 rwhp with stock heads. I guess it's all about the supporting mods right?

  20. #20
    i am going wild THE MANIAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    saudi arabia
    Posts
    180

    RED
    2001 m6 CAMARO SS-SLP

    niiiice
    good luck i think it will be a monster
    2001 camaro ss m6 slp options
    slp loud mouth - k&n filter-SLP LID

    WE have to fight off a new breed of ricers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. almost ready to do HCI...
    By tep98ws6 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 06:23 AM
  2. Getting Ready
    By xzaero0 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 10:15 AM
  3. STS Kit - Ready to go, has everything you need
    By dirtymoe77 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 09:25 AM
  4. Ready to buy
    By jimmyjones in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 05:31 AM
  5. Got Her Ready
    By TMF in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 06:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •