Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm not going anywhere

This is a discussion on I'm not going anywhere within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Z28_Driver Sounds like Arizona has real nice weather. Is it expensive to vacation or move there? I've ...

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    Sounds like Arizona has real nice weather. Is it expensive to vacation or move there? I've been ready to leave Ohio for a long time. The weather, high taxes, and no jobs are very tiring.
    Not expensive to vacation here per say. Actually moving here is dirt cheap at the moment with the current economy.
    In 06-07 house prices were out of sight, and they couldn't build them fast enough.

Now building has nearly stopped, and houses are less than half the price of 2 years ago. It's like that pretty much everywhere though.

As far as jobs. I would suspect we aren't any better here than anywhere else. But the majority of work is in the Phoenix metro area. Living down there is near sea level, (valley) so it's pretty hot in summer months, easily over 100 degrees with 110-112 not unusual, with lows 70-80 depending on where you are in the city. Outskirts stay a bit cooler.
    They have very nice winter though, with high temps in the 70's and lows in the 50's.

If you can't stand that much heat (it's a dry heat though which I actually enjoy compared to humidity) Then most people head north where I am in Prescott (5,000 feet up) About 1 1/2 hour drive to the center of town.
    High temps in summer of upper 90's, lows about 60-70.
    Winter it's mid 50's for highs and at night 25-30. Very mild.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

110 sounds hot to me. But the 50s in winter sounds nice. That low humidity thing sounds great. Not sure what thats like. Wish I had the funds and the time to take a vacation out there and see how really is.
    I'm a few miles out of Toledo. I have had enough of the high humidity summers and the salt covered winters with cold lake Erie wind.
    There are some nice reacreation spots in this area such as the Maumee for walleye fishing or the art museum, parks, and zoo. But none of those things matter much if you can't afford to go there. When I did have a job I couldn't afford the day off work to go anywhere and now that I'm in college again I have the time but not the funding. I'm done in May, maybe I'll sell some stuff and take a little vacation out your way to see what its like.

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    110 sounds hot to me. But the 50s in winter sounds nice. That low humidity thing sounds great. Not sure what thats like. Wish I had the funds and the time to take a vacation out there and see how really is.
    I'm a few miles out of Toledo. I have had enough of the high humidity summers and the salt covered winters with cold lake Erie wind.
    There are some nice reacreation spots in this area such as the Maumee for walleye fishing or the art museum, parks, and zoo. But none of those things matter much if you can't afford to go there. When I did have a job I couldn't afford the day off work to go anywhere and now that I'm in college again I have the time but not the funding. I'm done in May, maybe I'll sell some stuff and take a little vacation out your way to see what its like.
    That's probably the best way to go about it, see if you even like it. We have family in northern California and Reno. So we were out west alot when living in Ohio. Eventually that led to venturing toward the Southwest and we just fell for Arizona.
    I never knew what "no humidity" was until coming out west. I didn't know there was a place where you could go outside for more than 5 minutes and not feel like you had to take another shower It really makes the higher temps not feel all that bad to me. 95 and humid is worse than 110 and dry to me. I hardly use AC anymore, in the house or car.
    Another big seller for me was allergies. Spring always tore me up in Ohio, with shots and drugs to cope with it. Out here it's completely gone. I can't begin to tell you what a relief that is.
    Quite frankly the only thing I miss about Ohio are my friends and family.
    Spend a week or two out here and see what you think. Alot of western culture and history in AZ if you like that sort of thing. Scenery changes with elevation here, so does the weather. It's one of the few states where you can find snow, sunshine, heat and cold, forests and bare deserts, without even leaving the state, all withing a few hours drive. One of the best states for recreation.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 02-20-2010 at 01:42 PM.

red
    1999 camaro Z28

Yeah, I heard that. I also am in TN. They close everything on just the THOUGHT of snow. It MIGHT snow, so we close the schools. I'm from up north. Pretty humerous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by B4C Camaro View Post
    wow, thats crazy...if we get 4" in TN. they close the State for a week...

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by ZForce1 View Post
    Yeah, I heard that. I also am in TN. They close everything on just the THOUGHT of snow. It MIGHT snow, so we close the schools. I'm from up north. Pretty humerous to me.
    humorous

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

Finally got my T/A dug out today ... had no time and energy after the storms. It was still under a foot of snow and I had to clear the driveway first to get to it ... ugh, atleast now it's gleaming in the sun

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That's probably the best way to go about it, see if you even like it. We have family in northern California and Reno. So we were out west alot when living in Ohio. Eventually that led to venturing toward the Southwest and we just fell for Arizona.
    I never knew what "no humidity" was until coming out west. I didn't know there was a place where you could go outside for more than 5 minutes and not feel like you had to take another shower It really makes the higher temps not feel all that bad to me. 95 and humid is worse than 110 and dry to me. I hardly use AC anymore, in the house or car.
    Another big seller for me was allergies. Spring always tore me up in Ohio, with shots and drugs to cope with it. Out here it's completely gone. I can't begin to tell you what a relief that is.
    Quite frankly the only thing I miss about Ohio are my friends and family.
    Spend a week or two out here and see what you think. Alot of western culture and history in AZ if you like that sort of thing. Scenery changes with elevation here, so does the weather. It's one of the few states where you can find snow, sunshine, heat and cold, forests and bare deserts, without even leaving the state, all withing a few hours drive. One of the best states for recreation.
    I didn't even think of the allergies. I don't have to get shots, but a pill all spring and fall and lot of sudafed in the winter bites. I'm gonna have to research a trip now. Thanks for the info on Arizona.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    Finally got my T/A dug out today ... had no time and energy after the storms. It was still under a foot of snow and I had to clear the driveway first to get to it ... ugh, atleast now it's gleaming in the sun
    Did mine yesterday. Talk about having a sluggish start, I started it up and let it warm up last Friday and put a tarp over it. Yesterday I took it off and dug out around it, started it up, let it warm up and took a mile or so down the road and "cleaned it out"

Then I was washing the truck today, guy walks down the road, I noticed him, stopped between my neighbors driveway and mine, staring at my car and turned around and walked away Thought about saying something but shrugged it off

Twice I've found a peice of bark that somebody has put in my tail-pipes before, and it really makes me think if this guy could be the culprit. If the ground wasn't so wet, I'd park the car behind the fence in the backyard where my rotts and my beloved pitt enjoy their playtime

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post

Twice I've found a peice of bark that somebody has put in my tail-pipes before, and it really makes me think if this guy could be the culprit. If the ground wasn't so wet, I'd park the car behind the fence in the backyard where my rotts and my beloved pitt enjoy their playtime
    lol first week I got my car somebody kept stuffing empty coke cans in my tail pipes, never quite figured out who did it. after I got a super sensitive alarm all that foolishness ended

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Just put one of these up with a few bullet holes in it and it'll get the point across!
    Last edited by Knight; 02-26-2010 at 03:29 PM.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    lol first week I got my car somebody kept stuffing empty coke cans in my tail pipes, never quite figured out who did it. after I got a super sensitive alarm all that foolishness ended
    I just turn up the sensitivity on the stock alarm. Little black box hidden behind passenger side panel in the trunk.
    I've got mine to where I can't even close the gas cap without it going off Bad thing though is any remotely loud car/truck gets close and it also sets it off. I can't even start other cars in the garage near it.
    Sad what we have to do nowadays to deter punks.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I just turn up the sensitivity on the stock alarm. Little black box hidden behind passenger side panel in the trunk.
    I've got mine to where I can't even close the gas cap without it going off Bad thing though is any remotely loud car/truck gets close and it also sets it off. I can't even start other cars in the garage near it.
    Sad what we have to do nowadays to deter punks.
    You're right about that, but thanks for the quality info about the black box! I'll have to mess around with that and see how it does

red
    02 z28

we got 28 inches here in jersey..

now all clean and new headlights

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

sweet ride dude

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Damn! I wish I had a backhoe to clean up snow. Im using a 35 year old truck when it starts. Otherwise the snow shovel.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    quoting myself 'cos I'm adding to it ... glad I got her dug out 'cos the DD gave up on me and we sold it to Carmax ... so the T/A is my DD until I get a company vehicle next week (new job FTW!)

Just came over the news. So far total snow fall back east (forget which state) has had a total of 78" of snow fall with more to come as we speak.

Here in Flagstaff they have had a total so far this year of 118" with another 8" predicted tomorrow. Flagstaff has an average yearly snow fall of 75". So they too are getting hit a bit harder this year.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

As we speak, I'm putting my computer down to go outside and dig into this "black box". Hopefully, I can figure it out, but if I can't, expect a PM Jones, I can't wait to see the results

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

Holy Shitballs!! At least you had the cover on that bad boy!!!
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Snow like this is exactly why mine is in hibernation.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information