Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm not going anywhere

This is a discussion on I'm not going anywhere within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones I think Von is on the right track. You guys need 4x4's with ground clearance and ...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I think Von is on the right track. You guys need 4x4's with ground clearance and quit trying to drive these 4th gens that can barely crawl over a speed bump

Or better yet,,,move out here to Sunny AZ and quit dealing with that crap all together
    Thats why I drive a 4x4 most of the winter. It sucks, but it beats getting stuck on every trip.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    Glad I live in tx. Look forward to taking the t-tops off this weekend.
    You're in Houston,,,you have to worry about hurricanes And they are predicting more activity this year.

Texas hasn't escaped it all though, several inches of snow blew through Dallas a few days ago.
    I think every state has had their fare share of strange weather this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    Thats why I drive a 4x4 most of the winter. It sucks, but it beats getting stuck on every trip.
    Ya we've always had some form of 4x4 in the fleet for years. Even out here in AZ you need one depending on where you are in the state. (alot of snow in Flagstaff if you care to venture up there)

We still use it even in dry country, to tool around up in the mountain trails. It's also used as a daily driver to haul the family around too.

I feel for these guys though. I grew up driving nothing but rear wheel drive cars in the snow in Ohio for many years. Everything from big 70's impalas to 500hp V8 Vegas. But nothing was as horrible in the snow as a 4th gen. With those wide tires riding on top of the snow and no ground clearance,,,I couldn't get anywhere in those damn things no matter how much weight I threw in the trunk.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

You're in Houston,,,you have to worry about hurricanes And they are predicting more activity this year.

Texas hasn't escaped it all though, several inches of snow blew through Dallas a few days ago.
    I think every state has had their fare share of strange weather this year.
    we hit a all time record of 9inches in the dfw area...never seen so much snow in my life

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    we hit a all time record of 9inches in the dfw area...never seen so much snow in my life
    Ya I heard about that. Very unusual for you guys. Generally up by the panhandle gets all that stuff.

That's the same storm that came through here and dumped a bunch of rain in southern AZ and several feet of snow up in Flagstaff, AZ. 51 inches I think was the highest total that I heard up there

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Ya I heard about that. Very unusual for you guys. Generally up by the panhandle gets all that stuff.

That's the same storm that came through here and dumped a bunch of rain in southern AZ and several feet of snow up in Flagstaff, AZ. 51 inches I think was the highest total that I heard up there
    how are you supposed to get out of your house with that much snow??? let allow FIND your car lol

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

how are you supposed to get out of your house with that much snow??? let allow FIND your car lol
    I think he meant total for the year or season... not all at once

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Yeah, but you should see some of the most moronic questions I've asked before

No that was all at once.

When they get snow up in the mountains here,,,,,it is nothing like the little stuff the East coast is getting.

Up here, it's measured in "FEET" Highways are closed, chains required etc...IF you can get out of your house.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 02-16-2010 at 06:57 AM.

You can't. It was pretty bad. They were dropping in food rashions via helicopter to alot of the indian reservations and other housing because obviously help couldn't get "in" either.

With that kind of snow, you can't shovel it to the side. Dump trucks are brought in and it has to be carried off. It's a long process. There were people snowed in for a couple weeks.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

You can't. It was pretty bad. They were dropping in food rashions via helicopter to alot of the indian reservations and other housing because obviously help couldn't get "in" either.

With that kind of snow, you can't shovel it to the side. Dump trucks are brought in and it has to be carried off. It's a long process. There were people snowed in for a couple weeks.
    y would anyone in their right mind choose to live there???

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

I wonder the same thing about this area every winter. And we seldom get more than a foot at once here. Snow sucks in a f-body. The only good thing about putting it away for the snow is that when I get it out of the garage it seems even faster after driving a v6 suv for a while.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

No that was all at once.

When they get snow up in the mountains here,,,,,it is nothing like the little stuff the East coast is getting.

Up here, it's measured in "FEET" Highways are closed, chains required etc...IF you can get out of your house.
    THAT is ridiculous!!! I can't even begin to imagine living in an area like that. I mean really, if you're snowed in here for a couple of weeks, what do people do as far as work goes to keep on making a living? That's some wild stuff....

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Pop in old vids of Smokey and the Bandit, Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, Blues Brothers, ect., grab the cool ranch doritos and beer and enjoy your vacation! Just make sure you paid your gas bill so you don't lose your heat!
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

y would anyone in their right mind choose to live there???
    Haha, ya. That's why we don't live up there. That was their worst snow fall in many years. But every winter they always seem to at least get a couple feet at a time.

I grew up in Ohio, so I'm used to snow. But out west here in the mountains makes Ohio look silly. While living in Ohio, I traveled out west all the time for about 15 years, have family out here.
    Driving over the Sierra Nevada mountains was a real treat. In winter they generally shut I-80 down around Truckee, California as well as Rt. 50 south of Lake Tahoe if the snow is bad enough. They get several feet over there too. It's above 7,000 feet,,,just like Flagstaff Arizona where I-40 runs through.
    They shut I-40 down all the time. When you get that high in elevation the snow fall is killer. This year was no acception.

THAT is ridiculous!!! I can't even begin to imagine living in an area like that. I mean really, if you're snowed in here for a couple of weeks, what do people do as far as work goes to keep on making a living? That's some wild stuff....
    Ya you really have to pay attention to the weather channel. If there is a good chance of snow up there, you can bet the grocery stores are ran sacked. You have to get ready to hunker down if necessary. Generators are a must, because usually electric goes out too.
    Not many go to work. Generally business shuts down.

Sad thing is that it seems every year there are people that don't pay attention to the weather, and they get caught out in it while hiking, camping, etc... If they only have a few days supplies,,,they are fubar.
    They rescued several people in that situation just recently according to the news.

Winters are harsh for sure, and we avoid the area during winter months. But they have absolutely beautiful summers with highs in the 70's, cool mountain breezes with the smell of pines and drop dead scenery.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Winters are harsh for sure, and we avoid the area during winter months. But they have absolutely beautiful summers with highs in the 70's, cool mountain breezes with the smell of pines and drop dead scenery.
    that's actually quite believable. most places that are drop dead freezing during the winter tend to be quite amazing during the summer months. down here winter's are generally really nice, temps' hover around 30-50. summer's are just down right disgusting though.

that's actually quite believable. most places that are drop dead freezing during the winter tend to be quite amazing during the summer months. down here winter's are generally really nice, temps' hover around 30-50. summer's are just down right disgusting though.
    Ya it seems Texas still deals with some humidity,,,ocean air maybe???

Here in Prescott are winters are much the same. 30 for lows and 50's for highs. Easy to deal with coming from Ohio.
    Are summers though are very pleasant as well, with lows in the 60's and highs in the mid 90's. Sounds hot but without the humidity I find it very pleasant. Considering coming from Ohio with high temps the same but with 90% humidity made it miserable.
    Prescott has what the natives here call 4 very mild seasons. It's what attracts most people here. Don't let that secret out though, there are enough people here already

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Sounds like Arizona has real nice weather. Is it expensive to vacation or move there? I've been ready to leave Ohio for a long time. The weather, high taxes, and no jobs are very tiring.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information