Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

:( Im hella pissed! I need 2 vent :brick:

This is a discussion on :( Im hella pissed! I need 2 vent :brick: within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Dude last week I got hit, along with all the other stuff that happened. But yeah I got hit in ...

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Dude last week I got hit, along with all the other stuff that happened. But yeah I got hit in the parking lot at work, hit my quarter panel hard. I know their door def stuck to me

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

oh and I almost parked on the street.

a buddy of mine from work parked his TA on the road, same neighborhood as me, got hit, caved in his whole quarter panel, cracked his bumper, and somehow broke his exhaust off. i think he got quoted $3500

black
    99 z28 a4

that sucks... could be worse... you could have found her and had a murder charge on you...

pewter
    1999 camaro ss #4288

WTF is wrong with people - i cant believe she drove off. just last year i witnessed a hit-and-run and gave chase to the car that caused the accident. why do people run from accidents that are they are responsible for?

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Just got home from getting some estimates. Whatever happens I will have to pay a $500 deductible. Went to the place my insurance company had set an appointment for first and they are saying its going to be a $1,468. Then I went to two other places and they are about the same one priced it out to be $1,426 and the other said it to be $1,470. So it looks like on Monday I will be without my baby for a week . They all said it will take no longer than 5 days.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by ghettosled View Post
    WTF is wrong with people - i cant believe she drove off. just last year i witnessed a hit-and-run and gave chase to the car that caused the accident. why do people run from accidents that are they are responsible for?
    It's a different time and place these days. I remember when I was starting to drive (1970). Backed out of a driveway, turned too sharp and dented a VW's RR quarter that was parked partway in the driveway. I did the right thing and left a note with my particulars and letting them know I had insurance (which was not mandatory at the time). They called later that day (it happened around 2am) and when I explained what had happened the guy on the other line admitted that his car wasn't properly parked and told me since it was half his fault to let it slide. It was a really small dent but leaving a note I felt was the right thing to do.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    It's a different time and place these days. I remember when I was starting to drive (1970). Backed out of a driveway, turned too sharp and dented a VW's RR quarter that was parked partway in the driveway. I did the right thing and left a note with my particulars and letting them know I had insurance (which was not mandatory at the time). They called later that day (it happened around 2am) and when I explained what had happened the guy on the other line admitted that his car wasn't properly parked and told me since it was half his fault to let it slide. It was a really small dent but leaving a note I felt was the right thing to do.
    wow... that rarely happens anymore.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

That sucks, the same thing happened to my brother's Camaro except the hitch on the truck went through his quarter panel. When he saw that it was a big

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK View Post
    Just got home from getting some estimates. Whatever happens I will have to pay a $500 deductible. Went to the place my insurance company had set an appointment for first and they are saying its going to be a $1,468. Then I went to two other places and they are about the same one priced it out to be $1,426 and the other said it to be $1,470. So it looks like on Monday I will be without my baby for a week . They all said it will take no longer than 5 days.
    Dude, wtf! Seriously, you can do 1 of two things, pay the $500 deductible and get the check to get it fixed at your choice of places (not sure about your insurance company, but thats what they did for me) and then just do as I suggested, get a door off Ebay for next to nothing, put it on, and keep the rest, which will in actuality you will make roughly $800 or more, OR you can simply get not pay the deductible and get the door of Ebay (still cheaper than the deductible) and simply do it yourself yet again, only costing you between $100-$150 bucks and not having any kind of increase on your premiums. Now granted, this is how it worked out for me, but our insurance may be different as far as things like that.

But no matter what, I would NOT take it to a body shop. A couple hours and a few hand tools and you have it fixed...

Awaiting Activation

black
    98 Z-28

two things thats why you don't park on the street and the reason people are don't stay is cuz they are scared, shouldn't be driving, or think that the other person will be irrational and won't want do work the thing out they might just wanna call police and insurance companies. but that doesn't excuse them thats just there reasons. bro i feel horrible for u, good luck and if you see the burban put all fours on flat and cut the gas line

sebring silver
    2002 z28

Sorry to hear about your door. One night in may of 07 my camaro was hit by a bitch in a honda, did need quarter panel, bumper cover,replacement and door repaint. Two weeks later she was rear ended in her rental car a half mile from where she hit my car. To bad I wasn't driving the other car.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

were they pulling out of the neighbors driveway or did it seem like they went down the wrong street and tried to turn around-i'd start with the neighbor.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    were they pulling out of the neighbors driveway or did it seem like they went down the wrong street and tried to turn around-i'd start with the neighbor.
    I've talked to all my neighbors and no one has any idea who the lady is but there are a few red burbans in the area two of them which live two house down in opposite directions but they were both home at the time of the incident. My next door neighbor thinks he knows where the person lives a few blocks over near his brothers house but ever time we go over there trucks not there so hopefully we catch the truck so I don’t have to pay the $500.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

wow people are so fucking dumb. i gotta really long story to tell but i'll keep it short. i found my car hit in the dorm parking lot. cops didnt do shit. i seen we had cameras so i contacted the company that maintained them and bam...i got paid by the little fag that hit my car about a month later and pocketed 500 bucks...haha what a loser

i hope none of you guys on here have ever done a hit and run...if you have i hope you all go to hell

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Been on the receiving end of several hit and splits. So I know how you feel. Sorry about the bad luck. People should just stop and do the right thing, it only makes it worst when you get caught. Felony > Misdemeanor

Gold
    1998 Camaro Z-28

Just reading this pisses me off.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I feel your pain......Ive had my car messed up b4 by people who could have cared less

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

I can almost guarantee you that bitch was talkin on her cell phone . Besides , most women can't drive worth a shit even when their trying . They should be outlawed from drivin anything larger than a Smart car !

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    I can almost guarantee you that bitch was talkin on her cell phone . Besides , most women can't drive worth a shit even when their trying . They should be outlawed from drivin anything larger than a Smart car !
    ssshhhhh
    ...but my girlfriend has a ford explorer and has driven my z various time and the one wrecking it was me, twice...
    but on that cell phone subject:

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I can't believe the bitch just drove off when there were witnesses too.

One night in a residential area, i just got in my car and the windows started to fog over, no city lights, and it was foggy out. I side swiped a car at 3am and no one was around. The car was a complete pos and didn't look like i did much but knock off the mirror. All the damage was on my car....i did the right thing and called the cops. I hope everyone here would do the same too. Not like this bitch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information