Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm getting a '00-'02 Z or SS

This is a discussion on I'm getting a '00-'02 Z or SS within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I'm not going to attach a quote, but someone stated that less is more, and he's right. Look at the ...

Drive it like ya stole it sills1's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

I'm not going to attach a quote, but someone stated that less is more, and he's right. Look at the most admired Camaros. They are almost plain on the exterior aside from wheels and the occasional hood stripe and being lowered. If you are going to buy an SS, just do the upgrades that affect performance. I have an SS and I get little ricers reving their engines at me and THEY KNOW WHAT I DRIVE. Cool people cruise, they don't drive like a bat out of hell. Why do you ask, cause they don't have to. It's much cooler to roll up slow in a bad ass car, than to slide to a stop in a piece of crap. Leave the racing where it belongs, on a drag strip. That way you can actually say how bad you beat him and have printed proof. My $.02
    John
    Come by and check out my 2000 SS
    Click here
    FQuick Site

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

no I think I'll get it and do with it what I want. For the people hating on my ideas I think they're jealous that I can make a street/show car and they can't... I still haven't decided what to do with the badges but I plan to do something. I may just remove the side ones and leave the rear one on. I think that may look tricky to someone who thinks they know it all. Either way I like the way I roll in my ride and when I get my SS I'll do it that much better

just get the SS, leave the badges on and keep the car nice, clean and fast!
    Last edited by DRI_Rob; 04-13-2006 at 06:22 AM.
    D'Agostino Racing.Com
    954-583-8884
    877-DRI-POWER
    Specializing in Late Model GM and Ford Sports Cars

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

you asked for the boards opinion, now your geting it. Then you try to say we are jelious because you can make a show car and we can't. You don't even have the money to think about making any kind of car anything right now.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

just drop a carbon fiber motor in that RS :-D you'll be the talk of Hot Import Nights.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

to listen to another member of the board have the audacity to say other members are jealous because they cant make a street/strip car like theirs is ignorant (must come with age). stop for a second to consider, that's not everyones taste. cool people do cruise, and maybe every now and then blip their throttle at the corner tavern to make all the beers go flat.

bad ass wannabe's flash and bling their car to look like a ricer. you asked for people's opinions so accept them just as that.

my opinion: take all the crap off your current car since it carries a salvage title. take it back to stock, keep your mods, sell the v-6 and get a v-8. that v-8 should be a Z28. then ugly up your Z28 with the mods off the v-6 car and go wrap it around something because youre out being stupid. leave the SS to people who do, can and will cherrish a collector's car.
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Wish I had an SS for that "collectors" look. Since I have a Z28 though, I am trying to make it look different from the crowd but not too overboard. By the time I can say I'm finished, my ext. will have black-outs, black-housed rear, front bumper lights and 3-rd brake light, hyperwhite headlights, LED lights on everything else, A hood with induction closest to the intake, chrome emblems, and tints. Nothing will look messy like his car, but just a very clean black car. Had I had an SS, I would've kept it stock since they already look bad-ass and a collectors car.

Navy Blue Metalic
    1998 Camaro Z28

Exclamation

why are people saying to leave the ss alone and get a z28, and rice it out? a z28 is just as nice as a ss, my advice to the guy is leave the camaro alone dont touch the z28 or the ss, as no one remembers the z28 was the top dog back in the hp days, i just saw an ss get riced out and i felt like getting off my car and smacking him in the face

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

funniest shit ive seen was a mustang "gt type-r" with all the rice equipment and windshield banner saying "God With Me" in Los Angeles. Thank God I haven't seen somebody do that to a maro.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I guess most of these people I am calling jealous are pussies because I have never had anyone tell me face to face anything bad about my car besides too bad its a 6. On the other hand, I ALWAYS have people of all ages stopping in their tracks to come up and STARE in amazement at my car with their jaws dropped. They always have questions about where I get my stuff and how much they love it. The only people who have something negative to say are *internet(online)pussies*

I say they are jealous*and disrespectful* because they probably don't even have a car. Hatin on me telling me I'm ignorant and because of my age and other bullshit. I'm a grown ass man and don't have to take shit from anyone.

I did ask for opinions, but I thought respectful was the understood part.

Anyhow I think I'm going to get an SS to have a head start on mods. If I get a Z then I'll have to do more work. With an SS I'd have the advantage of rolling on stock 17s too. Either way I'd mod it all the way. I think stock is boring UNLESS it is really nice and extra special edition like a blackbird or berger or ZL1 other wise it is pretty much a dime a dozen.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

It's nice to see original and creative cars on the road, that's why some people get imports because you don't see them as much as Camaros (3000GT VR-4, Supra, S2000). We all agree that if you are removing every peice of style that makes it an SS, then why get an SS? So it comes with 17's...get them used for $300 rather than spending maybe $3000 more for the SS brand. Might as well just buy the SS badges and slap them on your car, cuz thats how much sense your making right now.

The SS is a collectors car. Look around and see how many SS' you see appearance modified compared to a Z28. Also, keep in mind your mods may not fit on the other Camaro perfectly, like your body kit and hood.

If I were you, I would pull of the Windshield and side-view mirror decals and drop a V-8 in yours. There's no point in the amount of money you'll waste for an SS if your going to make it look nearly exact to what you have right now, and turn your V-6 back to stock. Plus you might be able to afford a V-8 better than a LS1.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7
    I'm a grown ass man and don't have to take shit from anyone.
    You sound like a little lite bitch to me. Go ahead ruin an SS, post pics of your Frankenstein so we can all laugh, and forever face the rejection from true SS owners. Where do people like you come from? Why don't you save your pennies from your waitressing job and buy a bag of rice? Does you v-6 have a tampon dispenser too. You need

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Alright guys I might not agree with the guy about what he is wanting to do to a SS or Z, but it is his choice. No need for the flaming or bashing that is getting done. No one knocks you for what cam or wheels you choose. Everyone else may not like them but if you do that is your money and your choice. So keep this civil. You can expres your opinion but no need for the name calling and crap that is going on. Final verbal warning next will be admin warnings.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k
    It's nice to see original and creative cars on the road, that's why some people get imports because you don't see them as much as Camaros (3000GT VR-4, Supra, S2000). We all agree that if you are removing every peice of style that makes it an SS, then why get an SS? So it comes with 17's...get them used for $300 rather than spending maybe $3000 more for the SS brand. Might as well just buy the SS badges and slap them on your car, cuz thats how much sense your making right now.

The SS is a collectors car. Look around and see how many SS' you see appearance modified compared to a Z28. Also, keep in mind your mods may not fit on the other Camaro perfectly, like your body kit and hood.

If I were you, I would pull of the Windshield and side-view mirror decals and drop a V-8 in yours. There's no point in the amount of money you'll waste for an SS if your going to make it look nearly exact to what you have right now, and turn your V-6 back to stock. Plus you might be able to afford a V-8 better than a LS1.
    my car has a salvaged title and loses my interest in wanting to put big time horsepower in that unibody. I'd rather start with a fresh one and hook it up. From the respectful people on this thread I've been reading and considering your opinions. I do wish to basically make my own Camaro which to me would be better than a stock SS. So a Z-28 does make since. Also the SS is *kinda a collectors car* but not really to me. I understand your point of view though. I'd just rather have one with top notch everything (including badges). I want every aspect of my ride to make me feel like wow I've got something special. I mean to really think about it, I actually would change everything about an SS except for the badges. I mean exhaust sway bars(unless they're that damn good) and a lot of other things will be changed. But I want an SS because I can say and know that I own a real SS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information