Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you had $13,000...?

This is a discussion on If you had $13,000...? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by levityinc3 I don't care too much about track times either. I just prefer the body styling of ...

Black
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    I don't care too much about track times either. I just prefer the body styling of the camaro, over the vette. Now, if I have a choice between a fast vette, or a camaro with the capability of being faster, and probably cheaper with a body style I prefer, I'm going with my SS.
    Agreed!
    There's time for a vette later.
    Heck you might even get the AARP discount.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    I don't care too much about track times either. I just prefer the body styling of the camaro, over the vette. Now, if I have a choice between a fast vette, or a camaro with the capability of being faster, and probably cheaper with a body style I prefer, I'm going with my SS.
    well hey if thats what you prefer, then thats what you prefer. me personally, id sell my soul for a new Z06

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    well hey if thats what you prefer, then thats what you prefer. me personally, id sell my soul for a new Z06
    Well a Z06 is in a different class to me. Frankly I'd rather just put an LS7 in my camara haha. How bout the new ZR1? 640 horses. Perfectly balanced. That is one car I would take over my SS, hands down.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Talking

your wrong it has 638!!

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by BocachevyZ28 View Post
    your wrong it has 638!!
    Hahaha. Shit.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro

with 13k you could get the suspension ready for a procharger, which on the dyno put out 650 hp on a stock ss with the rest put a lunati cam and bbk intake manifold.
    or suspension with a turbo that could give you 900-1200 hp.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro

The c6 corvette just looks ugly to me.

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by ogtool View Post
    The c6 corvette just looks ugly to me.
    In my opinion it's not ugly, just, not a camaro. About the forced induction, wouldn't I need to replace gaskets and get a forged bottom end and whatnot to support it? As in, to not blow up my engine haha.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BocachevyZ28 View Post
    your wrong it has 638!!
    Sorry you are wrong. 638hp was a number of the avg. of the lowest output of the LS9s.

To the OP, just do a few mods at a time and slowly mod so you can enjoy all the mods. Right now I'm in a similar situation and thats how I like to do it.

It came with exhaust and LTs. Next I added rims for appearance and tires for traction, sub frames for the suspension. That wasn't enough so I added the an intake and did all the maintenance on the car. Then I did the stall.

Next is the Cam and suspension. If the rear breaks, then I'll fix it then. Same with the tranny. When the motor breaks, I will do forged internals and add a turbo, n2o or D1SC. I really don't know yet. You can do it anyway you want, but I don't see the fun in adding 10k in mods all at once.

I like the 4th gens too, sure we both can afford a c5 or c6, but i don't care about them as much.

I'm sure plenty of people could of bought a newer, better car..it's not about that for me.

Oh yea i think you said you wanted true duals...google texas speed. They got what you need

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Sorry you are wrong. 638hp was a number of the avg. of the lowest output of the LS9s.

To the OP, just do a few mods at a time and slowly mod so you can enjoy all the mods. Right now I'm in a similar situation and thats how I like to do it.

It came with exhaust and LTs. Next I added rims for appearance and tires for traction, sub frames for the suspension. That wasn't enough so I added the an intake and did all the maintenance on the car. Then I did the stall.

Next is the Cam and suspension. If the rear breaks, then I'll fix it then. Same with the tranny. When the motor breaks, I will do forged internals and add a turbo, n2o or D1SC. I really don't know yet. You can do it anyway you want, but I don't see the fun in adding 10k in mods all at once.

I like the 4th gens too, sure we both can afford a c5 or c6, but i don't care about them as much.

I'm sure plenty of people could of bought a newer, better car..it's not about that for me.

Oh yea i think you said you wanted true duals...google texas speed. They got what you need
    Thanks brotha. That was helpful indeed.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

You are welcome, basically the 4th gen means something to you right..i didn't read the whole thread....

but basically just mod it slowly, thats what i was getting at, do some research and throw the right parts on the first time around and make sure thats what you want for the goals you have for the car.

It won't take much to make it faster than a c5 or c6, but I am perfectly content with my 4th gen and I think you are too anyways..

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    You are welcome, basically the 4th gen means something to you right..i didn't read the whole thread....

but basically just mod it slowly, thats what i was getting at, do some research and throw the right parts on the first time around and make sure thats what you want for the goals you have for the car.

It won't take much to make it faster than a c5 or c6, but I am perfectly content with my 4th gen and I think you are too anyways..
    sure am.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

feel free to ask any questions

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

sell the camaro, and use the money and the $13k to buy a c6 vette
    As long as it's a Z06 Corvette!
    I've owned half a dozen F-bodies, and some of you no doubt remember the last one I had posted too many pics, threads here to count. Modded LS6 engine to the tune of 500 ponies bla bla bla.
    Let me tell you that no F-body car has the perfect balance of a Corvette.
    My Z06 has surpassed every expectation I have had for it. Weighting only 300lbs. more than Honda's S2000 but with 505HP it has a great power to weight ratio that FEW cars can match!

I was a die hard Camaro guy my entire life often loving beating the snot out of C5 Z06 Vettes with my SS Camaro in a drag race, and enjoying the look on their faces when I pulled hard on them!

But truthfully, now that I've "stepped over" I must confess that there really is no comparisson. The harder I drive this car, the harder it wants to be driven, I can't get the brakes to fade, nor will I ever reach the limits of this car. It is a better car than I'll ever be driver.

I know that a Z06 is not within the reach of everyone (humbly stated) but if it's within your reach, I would strongly suggest you check it out.

I did sell my SS Camaro bought the Z06 and never once did I regret the decision.

One last thing, the insurance went up an alarming rate from the Camaro to the Corvette, partially due to the fact that I increased the coverage to $100,000.00 in case it's stolen or totalled.

It went up $34.00 a month

So much for the BS about the high cost of insuring a Corvette!

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    As long as it's a Z06 Corvette!
    I've owned half a dozen F-bodies, and some of you no doubt remember the last one I had posted too many pics, threads here to count. Modded LS6 engine to the tune of 500 ponies bla bla bla.
    Let me tell you that no F-body car has the perfect balance of a Corvette.
    My Z06 has surpassed every expectation I have had for it. Weighting only 300lbs. more than Honda's S2000 but with 505HP it has a great power to weight ratio that FEW cars can match!

I was a die hard Camaro guy my entire life often loving beating the snot out of C5 Z06 Vettes with my SS Camaro in a drag race, and enjoying the look on their faces when I pulled hard on them!

But truthfully, now that I've "stepped over" I must confess that there really is no comparisson. The harder I drive this car, the harder it wants to be driven, I can't get the brakes to fade, nor will I ever reach the limits of this car. It is a better car than I'll ever be driver.

I know that a Z06 is not within the reach of everyone (humbly stated) but if it's within your reach, I would strongly suggest you check it out.

I did sell my SS Camaro bought the Z06 and never once did I regret the decision.

One last thing, the insurance went up an alarming rate from the Camaro to the Corvette, partially due to the fact that I increased the coverage to $100,000.00 in case it's stolen or totalled.

It went up $34.00 a month

So much for the BS about the high cost of insuring a Corvette!
    as much as i love the Z06, i would still sell my ws6 for even a regular C6. youre right, the Z06 isnt really in a lot of peoples reach. but any C6 is gonna be such a higher quality of car in every aspect. as much as i love my ws6, every time im in it i still hate how generic the interior is. im remined that its still a pontiac.

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

as much as i love the Z06, i would still sell my ws6 for even a regular C6. youre right, the Z06 isnt really in a lot of peoples reach. but any C6 is gonna be such a higher quality of car in every aspect. as much as i love my ws6, every time im in it i still hate how generic the interior is. im remined that its still a pontiac.
    True. The interior of my SS is plastic; and I hate it. Plastic everywhere. But my fascination with the Camaro over the Corvette, I think, is mostly due to the sleeper factor. I don't really race, but having something that I can build, and make to beat out Corvettes, I dunno, would just make me feel good. My love for Camaros goes back to when I had my IROC-Z. My first car where it was just my name on the title. Maybe one day when I'm rich and famous I'll give a Z06 a shot. Well, if I were rich and famous I would get a ZR1. Don't get me wrong, Corvettes are amazing machines, C6s and Z06s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information