Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I want my money back!

Well you all may have read in a different thread about me taking my car in to GM service for a rough idle. It turned out they did a injector flush and charged me $400.00 when it was all said and done. I figured I had no choice but if it fixed the car O well I would just pay it and be happy it was fixed. Problem was when I picked my car up and drove away it wasnt fixed it was exactly the same! how in hell do you call a man and tell him on the phone "yeah she runs perfect, idles great" and it be exactly the same?I took it back the next day and they hooked it to a tech 2 diagnostic cpu and found out it was a misfire on 2 cylinders within 2 minutes. Well they then tell me "o yeah its the cat. convertor" and "that aftermarket lid is causing problems too" which I knew was BS so I got my car out of there. I found a good shop finally and it turned out 2 plugs were gapped wrong from a plug change I got done at a different shop I had already had problems with 6 months previously. Well $75 bucks and she is fixed. Now I want my money back because they did a flush on my car and it didnt even need it and besides that charged me 3 hrs labor=$265.00 which is BS a flush does not take near that long and then charged me $45.00 to tell me my exhaust was banging on a cross member when going over bumps. I have called 6 times already and am up to the 3rd manager and they are trying to blow me off but it aint gonna happen. I dont feel I should have to pay $400.00 to someone who doesnt even fix the problem. All they had to do was put my car on the diagnostic cpu in the first place instead of guessing at the problem. This mechanic or "tech" is what the problem is. He is a complete liar and hasnt worked a full day in his life because he fks off and then puts outrageous amount of time to do the job-but you would think the service manager would catch on. This tech tried to tell me so much BS it wasnt funny. O-and the best part was when he said he could put plugs/wires on my car for $700.00!!!! hahahaha I will check back with my progress. I mean I may not get a dime back but I am damn sure gonna try.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Ok-just checked my messages and the service manager called back saying he has the cat. convertor in and I need to bring my car in. hahahahaha-sorry dude but my cat. conv. is fine. -Funny thing is I already told them the car was fixed. hmmmmm.

* I forgot on my original post ,cause it was so long, to tell about how they just left my lid hanging and falling off because they didnt understand how it went on. The tech points to that when he opens the hood on day 2 and says" Thats part of the problem-that lid dont fit" hahahahahaha!!!!unreal. Fit perfectly when I brought the car in.

NBM
    99 TA

yea you got hosed... injector flush should be 200 tops.
    they probably got you for a few hrs diagnostic time...

white
    2002 z28

wooow lid is the problem and it wont fit......... try the mech dont fit to work on cars. wooow. thats like when i took my beater saturn to get work on caus eit ran sputter like shit, and said i need 160$ before for test drive and to see whats really wrong with it. LOL i said " what if its only a 25 $ fix he said then will only charge you 135. haa changes plugs and was only 9.20 $ fix.

i really dont get it. mechanics are like uncle sam, dont care, pay, and tough luck

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    Well you all may have read in a different thread about me taking my car in to GM service for a rough idle. It turned out they did a injector flush and charged me $400.00 when it was all said and done. I figured I had no choice but if it fixed the car O well I would just pay it and be happy it was fixed. Problem was when I picked my car up and drove away it wasnt fixed it was exactly the same! how in hell do you call a man and tell him on the phone "yeah she runs perfect, idles great" and it be exactly the same?I took it back the next day and they hooked it to a tech 2 diagnostic cpu and found out it was a misfire on 2 cylinders within 2 minutes. Well they then tell me "o yeah its the cat. convertor" and "that aftermarket lid is causing problems too" which I knew was BS so I got my car out of there. I found a good shop finally and it turned out 2 plugs were gapped wrong from a plug change I got done at a different shop I had already had problems with 6 months previously. Well $75 bucks and she is fixed. Now I want my money back because they did a flush on my car and it didnt even need it and besides that charged me 3 hrs labor=$265.00 which is BS a flush does not take near that long and then charged me $45.00 to tell me my exhaust was banging on a cross member when going over bumps. I have called 6 times already and am up to the 3rd manager and they are trying to blow me off but it aint gonna happen. I dont feel I should have to pay $400.00 to someone who doesnt even fix the problem. All they had to do was put my car on the diagnostic cpu in the first place instead of guessing at the problem. This mechanic or "tech" is what the problem is. He is a complete liar and hasnt worked a full day in his life because he fks off and then puts outrageous amount of time to do the job-but you would think the service manager would catch on. This tech tried to tell me so much BS it wasnt funny. O-and the best part was when he said he could put plugs/wires on my car for $700.00!!!! hahahaha I will check back with my progress. I mean I may not get a dime back but I am damn sure gonna try.

did u pay by check ? if so , if it has not cleared do a stop pay on it

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

No I actually paid cash Jesusfan check would have been wonderful but I have no checking account. It was one of those deals where you pay first then they bring your car around. Thats how they got me. I am going to pursue this and not give up. It just the fact of being toally ripped in 2 ways 1)they didnt fix the car 2) they overcharged me.
    Thanks for the advice though.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

No I actually paid cash Jesusfan check would have been wonderful but I have no checking account. It was one of those deals where you pay first then they bring your car around. Thats how they got me. I am going to pursue this and not give up. It just the fact of being toally ripped in 2 ways 1)they didnt fix the car 2) they overcharged me.
    Thanks for the advice though.

would be worth taking it to a small claims court.....good luck

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    yea you got hosed... injector flush should be 200 tops.
    they probably got you for a few hrs diagnostic time...
    Thats the point-they never put it on a diagnostic computer till day 2 after I already paid. There was no diagnostic time involved-they just did a flush without checking shit. I knew I was gonna get fked at GM service but to get fked and the car not be fixed is uncalled for. I cant work on my car cause of health issues in case u were wondering.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 08-16-2007 at 06:33 PM.

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

Sounds like you need Prepaid Legal.

Pewter
    02 Z28

sucks dude thats why I never go to them to get work done
    2002 Z28 Auto (3.23 gears)
    Mods
    Lid, UD pulley, Shift Kit, 160 Thermo, Y-pipe, Panhard, TB bypass, Bellow, K&N, Strut Brace, Flowmaster, weight reduction.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Document all of it and tell them you are taking them to court and they will pay all legal fees and more unless you refunded at once.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

That is another reason why I never pay anybody for anything by the hour. Its best to pay by the job

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

It was done by the job-but they didnt fix the car. I mean hell I told the guy that morning when I took it there it needs to be put on a diagnostic computer (tech 2) because it has a miss. They totally ignored that and just said fk it we will flush the injectors. Its really the techs fault for not diagnosing the problem and just guessing at it. The good thing is my sister is an attourney so free legal rep. for me. I am going to call one more time. After that my sister is going to write them a letter that pretty much says either resolve this matter or further legal action will be taken. These guys rip people off every day telling them all kinds of BS. I took the car there because the 3 prior shops I took it too were a joke and I was to the point where I was willing to pay a little extra to get it fixed. Luckily I finally found a great shop that is honest and specializes in F bodies. They do it all - even engine and tranny builds from stock to high perform.

NBM
    99 TA

when you dropped the car off, and you signed the work order... how much was the charge that you signed for?

That is all you were legally entitled to pay, regardless of what they did after the fact. If they do not get your approval for any additional work... you shouldn't have to pay it.

Where I live... the law (i believe) is that if you have a dispute with a bill at a shop, you only have to pay for the parts and you can take your car... they can't legally stop you from taking it. Everything else after that has to be resolved between the two parties one way or another. Not that any of this helps you now.. but you know for future.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Yea they called me and told me it would be about 300 and I said I guess if you are positive thats gonna fix the car. O most definately it will fix it cause thats the problem-I was told. Then they called me about 2 hours later saying "your car is ready"-I said that fixed the idle problem? "yes it idles perfect". I went over there and you have to pay before they bring your car around-but I figured no way the guy is lying right? WRONG.
    I got down the road and the car idled exactly the same. How in the fk could you tell a man "its perfect-runs/idles great" when it was no different?

NBM
    99 TA

Yea they called me and told me it would be about 300 and I said I guess if you are positive thats gonna fix the car. O most definately it will fix it cause thats the problem-I was told. Then they called me about 2 hours later saying "your car is ready"-I said that fixed the idle problem? "yes it idles perfect". I went over there and you have to pay before they bring your car around-but I figured no way the guy is lying right? WRONG.
    I got down the road and the car idled exactly the same. How in the fk could you tell a man "its perfect-runs/idles great" when it was no different?
    because the guy on the counter doesn't know shit... he goes by what the tech says. Trust me i know... i work as the guy on the counter

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

LOL well the tech has the service manager fooled for sure. When I took the car back on the second day I mentioned I had a bad back and the tech said he did too. I swear he didnt stop talkin for over a hour. Between that and the 3 hrs labor he charged for a injector flush I knew this guy wasnt workin but maybe 4 hours a day at most and gettin paid for 8. He was an idiot. Tellin me shit like "those MSD wires you put on your car would melt if I put it on a dyno"-hahahaha what a fkin jerkoff!! He was obviously used to getting away with telling people all kinds of BS.

Silverstone Metallic
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

judge judy!!!!!!!!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I say JUDGE DREDD !!!!

Too many projects..... BlueSS02's Avatar

Blue
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Hey man I actually work for General Motors and unfortunately I can't do anything for you in that since, but I can tell you to get the Customer Assistance Number from the dealership and call to complain. They will open a case for you and they are required to contact the District Service Manager for that dealership. You may not get anything from them but in many cases the DVM will tell the dealership to reimburse you and they will debit the dealership. Worth a shot.

Thread Information