Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I want to hang with whipple cobras

This is a discussion on I want to hang with whipple cobras within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by nitrobusa Damn that sounds to fast to be ture. I have a h/c car with a 3800 ...

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by nitrobusa View Post
    Damn that sounds to fast to be ture. I have a h/c car with a 3800 stall a built 4l60e and spray and my car doesnt run that fast..... I also have ALL the suspension mods. Good luck and congrats but I'm going to have to call BS on this one.....
    theres a local here that has a 3200 stall, slicks and a 150 shot a runs mid 11s all day.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

White
    2001 Camaro Z-28

Talking

I was referring to an LS1 running mid 11's all day long. I was referring to 03' and 04' Cobra cars that have converted to Automatics. My brother-n-law has a 6speed Kenne Belle Cobra. He has ran as fast as 11.60 and he puts close to 630 to the ground. There are quite a few GTO's and Camaro's with A4's running mid to low 11's on the juice. It is very possible with the right setup. I'm doing with no suspension mods at all. Good luck guys. Thanks. -Tom.

Black
    2001 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    what do i need. right now, it's pretty stock. 02 ss with a CAI, LM1 an i think an off road y-pipe. I'm thinking of a true dual setup with headers a good size cam, fast 90/90, an juice? what more will i need ?
    Gears, heads/cam, 150 shot, stall if ur an auto, tune, and ur full exhaust. This should be enough to keep up with lightly/mildly modded cobras. Also wouldn't be a bad idea to do ur suspension/drivetrain, lca, torque arm, subframes etc. Oh I almost forgot some sticky sticky tires.
    Last edited by william SS; 10-19-2007 at 10:50 AM.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Well see right now, my friend has a comp orange 04 cobra. He doesn't really have much on it, a new front mount, xpipe, catback, intake, an he's in the process of getting a pulley. he has 373 gears too. He likes to run his mouth a bit, and i just want to murder his car. The reason i posted i want to hang with a whipple cobra is because he said he's eventually going whipple or twin screw kenne bell. I have a 02 m6. I already have sub frame connectors and I'm pretty sure i have a 12 bolt rear. I'm really looking into getting bassani duals and headers ASAP. I think that an some nitrous will be enough to handle a pullied 04 ?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

You should check to make sure you have the 12 bolt, it can make a night and difference day.
    How serious is your friend about getting the whippe?

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

He's pretty serious, once he saves up some cash he'll get it.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Well see right now, my friend has a comp orange 04 cobra. He doesn't really have much on it, a new front mount, xpipe, catback, intake, an he's in the process of getting a pulley. he has 373 gears too. He likes to run his mouth a bit, and i just want to murder his car. The reason i posted i want to hang with a whipple cobra is because he said he's eventually going whipple or twin screw kenne bell. I have a 02 m6. I already have sub frame connectors and I'm pretty sure i have a 12 bolt rear. I'm really looking into getting bassani duals and headers ASAP. I think that an some nitrous will be enough to handle a pullied 04 ?
    thats good for about 450+to the wheels!!

well i have a 2.4kb cobra and a 99 Z-28 i just got a cam put in the Z yesterday i pick it up today.. I do know for a fact that with my Cobra i could give a shit less what the other persons bringing on the street.. I never lost with the car.. Mine also has a 3,000 dollar full system all the suspension and a 150 shot of nitrous incase i needed it.. All on stock block 764rwhp with over 800 rwtq that was with nitrous..

I will say my next project is a BIG cube LSX motor with a 200 shot.. Love the sound of the ls motors over my Cobra motor.. GL man no matter what anyone says if your going to roll race a whipple or kb cobra you need more than a cam and nitrous.. They trap in the 130's all day

01 Z28 06 Trailblazer SS nitrobusa's Avatar

Red
    2001 Z28 2006 Tundra TSS

Quote Originally Posted by blown03 View Post
    well i have a 2.4kb cobra and a 99 Z-28 i just got a cam put in the Z yesterday i pick it up today.. I do know for a fact that with my Cobra i could give a shit less what the other persons bringing on the street.. I never lost with the car.. Mine also has a 3,000 dollar full system all the suspension and a 150 shot of nitrous incase i needed it.. All on stock block 764rwhp with over 800 rwtq that was with nitrous..

I will say my next project is a BIG cube LSX motor with a 200 shot.. Love the sound of the ls motors over my Cobra motor.. GL man no matter what anyone says if your going to roll race a whipple or kb cobra you need more than a cam and nitrous.. They trap in the 130's all day
    That must be a pretty nasty ride......:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information