Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I want to hang with whipple cobras

This is a discussion on I want to hang with whipple cobras within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; If money ain't thang.. I say let it rain on them cobras whipples.. With an LS-3 super charge.. you'll be ...

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

If money ain't thang.. I say let it rain on them cobras whipples.. With an LS-3 super charge.. you'll be put out about 700-650 hp.. and lots or TQ.. Or go with a Katech LS7... YOU'll put up 650HP at the crank.. See GMHT for January..

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but can't a procharger do the same?

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but can't a procharger do the same?
    Not with the stock bottom end.. that sh*t will go kabloom

White
    2001 Camaro Z-28

Talking Cobra Slayer

I have an idea. I am a professional Kenne Belle Cobra Slayer. I say that because my Brother-in-law has one and we race about once a month and he gets spanked every time. It burns his ass too because I have a stock LS1 (inside)

The only way to go is with an automatic car. If you are racing a Whipple Automatic Cobra then good luck. If these Cobra Cats you chase are 6 speed cars then it will be a traction war and you will win every time with the right setup.

I set my 2001 Z28 up with lots of drivetrain and traction. The engine is stock, but the mods make the car. I have an aggresive naturally aspirated PCM tune with the Torque Management delete (this is as important as the tires listed below). Corvette Transmission Servo installed, OEM Chevy Trailblazer Stall (stalls around 2600 to 3200) 3.73 Auburn Posi unit, SLP Long tube headers, 3" True Dual exhaust (no cats, mufflers, or rear O2's), SLP Cold Air Kit (ram air, smooth bellows, lid, & K&N), MSD Coils, MSD wires, & NGK TR6 plugs, Kenne Belle Boost-a-Pump, Mickey Thompson E/T streets 255/50/16's & last but not least a TNT Nitrous System with the Power Ring. This kit has a dual nozzle setup wet 150 hp jets.

I used to beat my brother-in-law on motor when he had pulleys and even after he got the Whipple Charger. When I heard that he got the Kenne Belle I went for the Juice. I spyed on his ET's at the track and noticed that he had too much torque and was pulling 11.60's all day long consistently with the 6 speed. I set mine up and ran 11.39 and was sent to the house for not having a roll cage, sub frame connectors, and so on. The most important thing is the tire size listed above....this will allow you to hook up and leave on the gas even on the street. Make sure you use that size. This is the most cost effective way to go also. I spent the following:

Gears (installed) $750
    Headers & Exhaust System (installed) $1600.00
    TNT Kit (bought used on eBay) $500 (installed myself)
    Stall converter (Brand new on eBay) $250 plus $275 to install
    SLP Ram air kit $250
    Vette Servo $12.00 plus $75 to install
    Mickey Thompsons (set) $300
    Custom Tune $158.00

Good Luck if you have a 6 speed car!

-Tom.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

im done. ive heard it all.

01 Z28 06 Trailblazer SS nitrobusa's Avatar

Red
    2001 Z28 2006 Tundra TSS

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjt2006 View Post
    I have an idea. I am a professional Kenne Belle Cobra Slayer. I say that because my Brother-in-law has one and we race about once a month and he gets spanked every time. It burns his ass too because I have a stock LS1 (inside)

The only way to go is with an automatic car. If you are racing a Whipple Automatic Cobra then good luck. If these Cobra Cats you chase are 6 speed cars then it will be a traction war and you will win every time with the right setup.

I set my 2001 Z28 up with lots of drivetrain and traction. The engine is stock, but the mods make the car. I have an aggresive naturally aspirated PCM tune with the Torque Management delete (this is as important as the tires listed below). Corvette Transmission Servo installed, OEM Chevy Trailblazer Stall (stalls around 2600 to 3200) 3.73 Auburn Posi unit, SLP Long tube headers, 3" True Dual exhaust (no cats, mufflers, or rear O2's), SLP Cold Air Kit (ram air, smooth bellows, lid, & K&N), MSD Coils, MSD wires, & NGK TR6 plugs, Kenne Belle Boost-a-Pump, Mickey Thompson E/T streets 255/50/16's & last but not least a TNT Nitrous System with the Power Ring. This kit has a dual nozzle setup wet 150 hp jets.

I used to beat my brother-in-law on motor when he had pulleys and even after he got the Whipple Charger. When I heard that he got the Kenne Belle I went for the Juice. I spyed on his ET's at the track and noticed that he had too much torque and was pulling 11.60's all day long consistently with the 6 speed. I set mine up and ran 11.39 and was sent to the house for not having a roll cage, sub frame connectors, and so on. The most important thing is the tire size listed above....this will allow you to hook up and leave on the gas even on the street. Make sure you use that size. This is the most cost effective way to go also. I spent the following:

Gears (installed) $750
    Headers & Exhaust System (installed) $1600.00
    TNT Kit (bought used on eBay) $500 (installed myself)
    Stall converter (Brand new on eBay) $250 plus $275 to install
    SLP Ram air kit $250
    Vette Servo $12.00 plus $75 to install
    Mickey Thompsons (set) $300
    Custom Tune $158.00

Good Luck if you have a 6 speed car!

-Tom.
    Damn that sounds to fast to be ture. I have a h/c car with a 3800 stall a built 4l60e and spray and my car doesnt run that fast..... I also have ALL the suspension mods. Good luck and congrats but I'm going to have to call BS on this one.....

white
    2002 z28

i dont think the cobras came in automatic ....

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    i dont think the cobras came in automatic ....
    your right, they dont

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Who says you couldn't make one..

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Well you can but I just never seen anyone convert from stick to auto

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Let us remember the basics here...

Mustang - Ugly... Needs a blower to Compete with our Born Muscle... 4.6 School Girl Engine... Butt Ugly Retro New Look...

Camaro - Gorgeous... Stronger... 5.7 Liters of Detroit Muscle... A New Look that wets the pants of all who call themselves a Ford driver...

I think its high time I share the story of my Camaro SS and its run in with a Roush Stage 3 Mustang...

Obviously the Stang was blown and costs twice as much as a fully loaded SS...

A cool day at the Great Lakes Dragaway, when the Rustang was quicker off of the line seeing as how it was my Dads (driver at the time) first time at the track.

Scared? I was not... For in the end the SS with 350 HP at the Crank at the time, beat out the Roush Stage 3 BLOWN Stang with 375 HP at the Crank...

SS time slip: 13.4 @ 107
    Shitstang time slip: 13.6 @ Who Cares

I hope this has inspired all of you to go out and beat up on a Stang while I sit in my office for another 3 hours and dream of being in my car...

Day Dreaming of being in my SS on Lake Shore Drive,
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Roush no no matter what stage is gunna suck. orver priced and not worth it, I much rather buy a regular GT.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Well you can but I just never seen anyone convert from stick to auto
    its kinda stupid if you do, conisdering they use the same T56 as us.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Your sure they use the same T56?

White
    2001 Camaro Z-28

Talking The track don't lie!

I don't mean to talk good about the 03' or 04' but there are AOD Cobras that run 9's with a Kenne Bell. That's why I said good luck. I'm sure they were never equipped that way from the factory but it is very common. If you guys want to come out to Gulfport Dragway in Gulfport, MS I will be happy to demonstrate an A4 that runs 11.40's all day long with Long Tubes, Mickey Thompson's, & N2O! Take care. -Tom.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Your sure they use the same T56?
    willing to bet my life on it. I have 2 friends w/ cobras. One has a few bolt ons and a ported steggi and made 493. The other has full bolt on's and a whipple and made 618

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjt2006 View Post
    come out to Gulfport Dragway in Gulfport, MS I will be happy to demonstrate an A4 that runs 11.40's all day long with Long Tubes, Mickey Thompson's, & N2O! Take care. -Tom.
    Were you talking about cobras or an ls1? Sorry if it sounds like such a stupid question because we were just talking about a cobra going to an auto and then you were talking about the KB cobras so kinda confused???

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    willing to bet my life on it. I have 2 friends w/ cobras. One has a few bolt ons and a ported steggi and made 493. The other has full bolt on's and a whipple and made 618
    New to me, but I guess thats always good to know lol

White
    2001 Camaro Z-28

Thumbs up

03' and 04' Cobra's is what I was referring to.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by nitrobusa View Post
    No I bought a complete 12 bolt, complete AFR 225's and already had the pushrods etc from the smaller cam that I put in last month. My best friend owns Raceteck and I get all my parts at cost. I sell him all his bike stuff at cost so he lets me get everything at cost. Trust me, I know what I paid and I know what it is. Just check around before you start buying stuff. If you would read the entire thread it was started that the guy has 4k to spend but he can ans knows he will spend more. Good luck guys and lets keep this a helpful place to get info from....
    not all of us have friends that give us parts at cost.
    your parts list would cost everybody else atleast 1k more
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information