I traded in my 2001 Z28 :(

This is a discussion on I traded in my 2001 Z28 :( within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Now I want to buy it back. Sigh... I really miss my baby. Wanted to keep it, but didn't have ...

Metallic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

I traded in my 2001 Z28 :(

Now I want to buy it back. Sigh...

I really miss my baby. Wanted to keep it, but didn't have a garage to store it in for the winter. Nothing wrong with it, but I needed a winter car that got good gas mileage because I took a new job that requires a long commute.

Will never have another car as sweet at this one was. Feel like I lost my best friend. I'm in mourning. Seriously...

Just stopped by to say goodbye...

I hope it finds a good home.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I still lament trading in my 96 Z28 vert for my 02 Z28....

They only made ~3,000 Z28 verts in 96....

I missed my 01 Z28 when I got rid of it to get my 03 cobra.

I recently replaced it with an 02 Z28 and I like the new one a lot but it's just not the same. There's something to be said for being the first owner of a car (vs being the 5th owner of the car). Thankfully the previous owners only drove her 45K and took reasonably good care of her.

Maybe you will get another one, one day. I hope your pain subsides soon.

Steve

Metallic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

Thanks. I hope to get another one someday. Never loved a car as much as I loved that one.

silver
    2000 camaro SS

It's hard to say goodbye to a nice car . I miss my 02 ss a lot !!! Even if I replaced it with a lower mileage y2k ss with the 02 engine and tranny , it will never be the same.

HottubChampion

Peuter
    2000 Z28

My wife and I met throught the local San Antonio F-Body club and everytime I talk about getting a C6 Z06 or the soon to be 5th Gen Z28 in place of my z she tells me if I do she will be getting the divorce papers ready. Gotta love that!

Metallic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by HottubChampion00 View Post
    My wife and I met throught the local San Antonio F-Body club and everytime I talk about getting a C6 Z06 or the soon to be 5th Gen Z28 in place of my z she tells me if I do she will be getting the divorce papers ready. Gotta love that!
    Keep the Z! You are a lucky man to have her for a wife. Seriously, if I had a garage to keep it in, I would have kept it. No doubt about it. It was the sweetest car I've ever owned. Not a thing wrong with it, except that I couldn't get up my driveway in the winter and that it isn't good in snow. But it isn't supposed to be good in snow! It's a muscle car.

I SO miss that raw acceleration and the handling on tight corners and the low center of gravity. It was the best car that I've ever driven or owned. Nothing will ever replace it. Growing up sucks. Never grow up.

HottubChampion

Peuter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by dreed2 View Post
    Keep the Z! You are a lucky man to have her for a wife. Seriously, if I had a garage to keep it in, I would have kept it. No doubt about it. It was the sweetest car I've ever owned. Not a thing wrong with it, except that I couldn't get up my driveway in the winter and that it isn't good in snow. But it isn't supposed to be good in snow! It's a muscle car.

I SO miss that raw acceleration and the handling on tight corners and the low center of gravity. It was the best car that I've ever driven or owned. Nothing will ever replace it. Growing up sucks. Never grow up.
    Yes sir, lots of memories. When i purchased my car i wasn't even in the market. All of my friends knew me for being cheap with options yet wanting the biggest motor in anything I owned. So when I walked up to my now z, I looked over it seeing no t-top, then 6sp, then cloth, the no power options and bought it the next day. Gotta love those impluse buys.

Metallic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by HottubChampion00 View Post
    Yes sir, lots of memories. When i purchased my car i wasn't even in the market. All of my friends knew me for being cheap with options yet wanting the biggest motor in anything I owned. So when I walked up to my now z, I looked over it seeing no t-top, then 6sp, then cloth, the no power options and bought it the next day. Gotta love those impluse buys.
    Got any pictures of it online?

HottubChampion

Peuter
    2000 Z28

Both Wife and I on a little cruise.

Just Mine

SOM
    2002 SS

Damm that sucks. I bought my 01 just for winter I'm puttin snows on the original 16s and will be havin fun

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Damm that sucks. I bought my 01 just for winter I'm puttin snows on the original 16s and will be havin fun
    I did that for 2 winters here, it's fun for a little, but all the road grit is hard on the paint and body. I felt bad driving my car in winter, now she hibernates. Although drifting the car at 60 on snow is real fun

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

I really miss my baby. Wanted to keep it, but didn't have a garage to store it in for the winter. Nothing wrong with it, but I needed a winter car that got good gas mileage because I took a new job that requires a long commute.

Will never have another car as sweet at this one was. Feel like I lost my best friend. I'm in mourning. Seriously...

I drive my car all year round! Set of good snow tires, my Z28 handles like a beast in the snow. I fly by SUV's driving on crappy all seasons, when half off them end up in a ditch or off the road, LOL. I also get 500 Km's per tank. I will never drive another car, snow or no snow.
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

I FEEL your pain bro, i traded mine in back in june it f&%king sucked. i traded it on a 06 jeep grand cherokee cuz i got a son on the way. it was hard i drove by the lot everyday to see if it was still there he sold it in like 4 days !

Red
    2001 Z28 Camaro

Hey I feel for you man I just lost my 97 Z28 because people don't pay attention when they drive, but it helped me buy my 01 Z28 but it's still the sedemental value your first camaro holds

Metallic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

That is a sweet ride.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Josh MAF working for ya? Iowas cold by the way. . .

HottubChampion

Peuter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
    Josh MAF working for ya? Iowas cold by the way. . .
    MAF is working good. Idles down faster and doesn't idle as rough as before. Well guess one good thing about the cold is your car is gonna have some extra ponies. Hows the new job going so far?

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Not too bad so far. I can do the job, get along with the other guys and pays decently

Now back to Dreed2. . .

GET HER BACK! ! !

Thread Information