Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a hug.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

I need a hug.

Alright, here's the story..
    I had just filled up the Camaro and was going to take her for a drive. Well, I was attempting to make a left turn out of the gas station...traffic wasn't terribly heavy, but I was having to wait. Finally, the light at the intersection up ahead turned red, and a truck stopped short and waved me out. No traffic coming the other way, so I went. What I hadn't noticed though was that a woman was barreling down the wrong side of the road in order to make the turn light at the intersection...I never saw her. My first memory after hitting the gas pedal is waking up to the guy in the truck that waved me out trying to get my door opened..
    After a not-so-fun ambulance ride, and a couple hours at the hospital, I'm okay...just a little sore. The woman is okay too, but her baby (yes...she was driving like that with a baby in the car) has a broken wrist.
    Worst part is though...I found out that the accident was labeled my fault. All but one of the witnesses left because, here at least, only a highway patrol officer can file an accident report...local cops cant. And in the county this happened in, there's only one, and he was on the other side of the county. Took him over an hour to get there. The woman told him she was turning into the shopping center across from the gas station and I pulled out in front of her, and the witness simply said something like "I guess she could've been".
    I tried to argue that the damage to both cars has to show that she was going way too fast to be turning directly across the street from where I turned out of. Cop said that because there was no tire marks he can't prove she was speeding or on the wrong side of the road at any point other than if she'd been turning, and no witnesses stayed long enough to back me up, so the only thing he can say is that I failed to yield to oncoming traffic.
    Anyway...I snapped a few pics when I went to look at my car.
    Before:

After:

Yeah, I know the damage is in a funky spot considering I was turning left and she was on the wrong side of the road. Apparently I had already straightened out in the lane, and the way she swerved she actually hit the opposite corner of my car.
    I'm still not 100% sure how this happened because no witnesses stuck around long enough to wait for the actual accident report to be made, and I was knocked out in the crash and dont remember a thing between pushing the gas pedal and waking up.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Oh man! That sucks! Hope things work out for you.. glad you're ok!
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Black
    1998 Z28

that sucks man sorry to hear that

rapter34
    thank god you and the baby are all right.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

hate it for you bro, thats a bum deal for sure

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

glad to hear you are okay, the car is done, but i hope you find another or have full coverage, any how, just glad to hear you are okay. next time dont trust anyone to yeild stop or let you in, i made that mistake before not in any of my camaro;s but a few close calls in the ranger and civic.

good luck

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

sounds like you need someone to buy you a , p.s I got hit by a mom on my bike in middle school only thing that stopped her from running me over was the handle bar came full circle and jammed itself in the inside of her wheel well( I was coughing blood ambulance ride the whole shinanigan)-accident labeled my fault for riding my bike through an intersection. Women seem to drive crazy with children, I hate those fuckers who have those stickers on the back of there cars.

Will insurance cover your car? or will the cops report fuck you over?

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

if he has full coverage, he can pay his deductable and get his shit fixed or replaced

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Holy Shit! That sucks!

This is why I do not pull out in blind spots, especially if someone lets me out.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Damn dude, sorry to hear that this happened and it's good to hear that you all survived BUT, there are 2 things going on here:

1. Nobody but a police officer can direct traffic. The guy that waved you on shouldn't have done that and you should've ignored it.

2. 99% of folks turning left are the guilty party in a collision regardless of what happened.

Although you're probably not I bet they find you 100% at fault due to the circumstances.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

dang, that really sucks! i was in the exact same situation last september, only it really was my fault and i got away with a light fender bender. but most important is that nobody got seriously injured. although speeding with a child onboard... people like that get me totally pissed.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    although speeding with a child onboard... people like that get me totally pissed.
    I agree.... whenever I have little ones in the car, my normal driving goes out the window....

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

Damn dude...Good to know you guys are ok. Hope you dont bite us in the ass and get a mustang lol.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I'm glad to read that YOU and the other parties, especially that baby are okay. I've wrote it before, and will probably write it again, cars can be replaced, people can't. I lost my 17 year old daughter to a fatal car crash a little over two years ago to two teenagers [her and her boyfriend] playing silly games in their car, and the driver not paying attention for 1/2 a second, that was a it took for him to swerve off the road and hit a tree. Not trying to jack your thread, and I do feel for ya, just putting things in perspective.
    Any accident without a funeral following isn't too bad.

As for the guy waving you in, that is not directing traffic- he stopped to let you in ahead of him, signalling that he would not move, not that traffic was definitely clear. That will not get you in trouble, as was stated above. The second/left one above might, however.

So, let's say you were faceing North, turning left, which would be going West. This woman then was going West also, only on the East-bound side of the road? Why did you not ask for contact information from at least the trucker who was trying to help you get out of the car? The witness that you mentioned can not be good for anything, as he obviously is not sure of what happened.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by bandit001 View Post
    As for the guy waving you in, that is not directing traffic- he stopped to let you in ahead of him, signalling that he would not move, not that traffic was definitely clear. That will not get you in trouble, as was stated above. The second/left one above might, however.

So, let's say you were faceing North, turning left, which would be going West. This woman then was going West also, only on the East-bound side of the road? Why did you not ask for contact information from at least the trucker who was trying to help you get out of the car? The witness that you mentioned can not be good for anything, as he obviously is not sure of what happened.
    i think he was turning left and she came to the inside/ drivers side of the truck.
    glad to see everyone was ok.

pewter
    02 CAMARO SS

oh man that sucks, you should go break her babies other wrist. joking, but damn

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by jonj601 View Post
    you should go break her babies other wrist. joking, but damn
    sort of not funny.

pewter
    02 CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    sort of not funny.
    i know i'm sorry, especially a baby.

red
    2002 ss camaro

get a lawyer and fight. don't give up even if they ruled it your fault at the scene they can do re-enactments and get the story straight which is what should have been done at the scene even in podunkville (no offense) where they only have one trooper.

Thread Information