Thread: I love my SS!

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

I love my SS!

Let me start off by saying that ever since I've gotten my 2000 SS in '05, I've absolutely loved driving it.

It had somewhere around 76k miles on it the September I obtained it from an 18-year old son's father in Memphis, TN (I've had to replace the entire rear end and clutch just because of the kid because it was his "summer car", but that's another story altogether). It was beautiful: White exterior, Trans Am hood with black stripes and white ghost flames within the stripes, 10-spoke SS wheels, ebony (or black, whichever) leather interior, 6-speed, T-tops, fully loaded. No mods aside from the hood. This was quite an upgrade from my '95 Camaro with 130k+ miles, 3.4L engine, automatic transmission, cloth interior, manual windows and hardtop, so needless to say, I was in love!

Heading back home to Hendersonville, TN (approx. 25 minutes north of Nashville) was one of the best drives I've ever taken. I felt like every non-sports car-driver was in awe and every other sports car driver (with the exception of those damned Corvettes) jealous. On the interstate, a Mustang GT raced me, but with just learning how to drive a stick and not knowing that one must downshift to really accelerate, I just trailed behind in 6th gear. Upon later learning more about manual transmissions, that would be the last time I would see the taillights of a GT pulling away from me.

Now at home and getting back into the swing of things, I began to think of the mileage that would be put on it in the upcoming years: My friends all lived pretty close by, most of the grocery stores, malls, and other places to shop around here are within 5 or so miles, and my job was about 10-12 miles away, so that would pretty much be the longest trip I would be taking during the week, thankfully.

Within a year, my job needed another warehouse to operate from which would be ten more miles away from home. This would now make the roundtrip to be about 40 miles daily. Also in this time period, I got in contact with an ex-lady friend of mine. Like my job, she was also a 40-mile round trip to visit, usually about three times a week.

Crap. The miles were starting to tack on a little bit quicker now. It was probably fall of last year that I hit 90k and literally began stressing out! I wanted to park the car and find another daily driver! After all, a car such as this deserves to be pampered and treated like the beautiful lady that she is! It comes to no suprise that I didn't look forward to the day that 100k rolled around. That is, until I came to a realization not too long ago...

I now take you back to the first sentence of this thread: "Let me start off by saying that ever since I've gotten my 2000 SS in September of '05, I've absolutely loved driving it."

That hasn't changed a bit. Although I'd love for it to only have around 50k miles or better on it, it doesn't matter to me anymore. Every time I step inside my SS, I step inside my sanctuary, as materialistic and manly as that may sound. I love driving it now as much as I did when I first put my foot to its gas pedal, if not more (considering, of course, I've since learned how to drive a 6-speed). Every time I pull out onto the road, I'm not too concerned with where I'm going but, instead, the ride there, and it's always a fun one I'm just now beginning to jazz it up some with performance and cosmetic pieces, so I hope to post some pictures and maybe even video soon for you all to see and critique (I'd love some opinions!). If it's up to me, I'll keep this one around 'til it just won't run anymore.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts with everyone. Thanks to anyone who read this.

artic white
    2000 ss

Cool

MY sentiments exactly.My wife hates my 2000' ss.

Blue
    01 SS M6 SLP#4572

oh man i feel the same way i got mine 4 or 5 months ago with just 8500 miles on it garage kept under a car cover and now it has 14000 miles so i went out a week ago and got me a 92 s-10 to drive to and from work to keep the miles off my SS and i get to play on the weekends and on nice days that i want to kick some GT ass...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #2364

Great post! I got my 2000 SS last fall and I luv driving it. Enjoy the Ride.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

you're alright man! great post~!

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

i really feel the same! that's why it's my daily driver, too!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    i really feel the same! that's why it's my daily driver, too!
    dalily driver here 61,000

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

dude i feel you i got my car because a dude(retard) bought it for his 18 year old son. it took him no time to rack up 4-5 tickets. his dad took it away and started driving it him self. he drove it now and again til he got tired of getting in and out of it. he said its a killer car but being 50+ it sucks to get in/out of!

so.....i got a 00 z m6 w/ slp ultra z hood and stainless works exhaust, 22,000 miles for $14,000 this was less than 2 yrs ago. the other day i was getting the oil chaged and it hit me...... they had it 4 years or so (22k miles) i've had it 2yrs 18000+ miles.

now as of last week i got a 02 honda civic to drive to and from work and man i think it makes driven the z on the week end feel that much more fun it feels like a new car! 120 hp all week to 300+ on the weekend.........priceless!
    LS7 clutch,01 slave,Corsa 3" stainless exhuast,drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads,160 thermo,Mti clear lid,msd 8.5 wires & Ngk plugs...more to come!
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2311455

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

and post some pics or make a car domain page!

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

Quote Originally Posted by jbb6811 View Post
    and post some pics or make a car domain page!
    This week is supposed to be a sunny one here, so I will definitely make note to do so.

Thanks again to everyone who read and shares my sentiments!

Navy Blue Metallic
    01 SS,TT, SLP, M6

Love my SS too. I just cant drive anything else, its feels wrong, ive put almost 10k in 6 months. Man that went quick. I spend 1.5 hrs on fwy in traffic going to and from work with my NBM SLP M6. But man that 5 secs. getting on the on ramp and 15 secs. getting off Fwy is defiantly worth it. I don't know how people justify not driving these's cars every day. Hell if it needs a rebuild, ill put a bigger cam in it. Needs new tires ill get some stickier ones. All i know is that this is the most fun ive ever had owning a car.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by driving View Post
    Love my SS too. I just cant drive anything else, its feels wrong, ive put almost 10k in 6 months. Man that went quick. I spend 1.5 hrs on fwy in traffic going to and from work with my NBM SLP M6. But man that 5 secs. getting on the on ramp and 15 secs. getting off Fwy is defiantly worth it. I don't know how people justify not driving these's cars every day. Hell if it needs a rebuild, ill put a bigger cam in it. Needs new tires ill get some stickier ones. All i know is that this is the most fun ive ever had owning a car.
    no disrespect to other camaros .....i love the looks i get from other camaros, z28's...they rubber neck all the time at my car

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

he drove it now and again til he got tired of getting in and out of it. he said its a killer car but being 50+ it sucks to get in/out of!
    what a wuss! i drive my 86 year old grandmother around regularly, she loves it, especially open tops in the summer!

no disrespect to other camaros .....i love the looks i get from other camaros, z28's...they rubber neck all the time at my car
    my big advantage: there are simply no other camaros around here, least ss.

nbm
    2000 camaro ss

I have owned many other camaro's but this is my first fourth gen. and it is the best by far! I love driving it, hell i love looking at it.(it's my wallpaper) i don't know why i waited this long to buy one.
    2000 camaro ss m6

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

The sun was set at kind of an awkward position in the sky, but here are a couple of pics:

Needs a paint touch-up, I know. Anyway, there it is!

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

nice, especially in that light!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

its like a WS6 SS!!!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

NICE RIDE !!!!...never seen a ss grill like that 1

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by jbb6811 View Post
    dude i feel you i got my car because a dude(retard) bought it for his 18 year old son. it took him no time to rack up 4-5 tickets. his dad took it away and started driving it him self. he drove it now and again til he got tired of getting in and out of it. he said its a killer car but being 50+ it sucks to get in/out of!

so.....i got a 00 z m6 w/ slp ultra z hood and stainless works exhaust, 22,000 miles for $14,000 this was less than 2 yrs ago. the other day i was getting the oil chaged and it hit me...... they had it 4 years or so (22k miles) i've had it 2yrs 18000+ miles.

now as of last week i got a 02 honda civic to drive to and from work and man i think it makes driven the z on the week end feel that much more fun it feels like a new car! 120 hp all week to 300+ on the weekend.........priceless!
    Sucks to get in and out of????? Give me a break! I'm 52 and my 02 Z28 is my daily driver (at least til the 09 comes out).

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Sucks to get in and out of????? Give me a break! I'm 52 and my 02 Z28 is my daily driver (at least til the 09 comes out).

see also post #13
    just got her to the hairdresser, cafe and back home today! she likes going fast!

Thread Information