2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I Hit Something Hard

Ok, so I'm coming home from work the other night. I work in a big town (Tyler), and live in a small town (Whitehouse) thats about 10 miles away. I get outside Tyler and on this stretch of highway between the two, its the only place i get to drive over 45, sucks. anyway, im doing about 70, no others cars around me, i think it was around midnight. Then there was this loud ass boom, car jolted real hard, scared the shit outta me, i was like WTF!!!.

It felt like I hit a huge pothole, but first of all theres never been pot holes on that road, and second I think I would have noticed one that big. My first thought was suspension, but my cars driving fine, so I'm worried about my rim, if i fucked it up, I'd be pissed. I had to drive about 2 miles down the road to pull over somewhere with light. I get out, cant see real well, so I'm feeling the lip of my rim, i get to one spot and cant help but laugh, anyway, heres the pic I took the next morning.

Yep, knocked the shit out of a raccoon. about half the hair i felt fell out before i got home, but whats left is pretty stuck, I'm hoping I don't have to go get the tire broken down to get it out. There wasn't any damage but I went back to look and there was a huge ass coon in the road, one of the biggest I've ever seen.

And just for kicks heres a pic I took the other morning showing off my appearance mod work. new fog lights, fixed the holes from the license plate holder, sanded and painted the grill, new blinkers, and painted the brake calipers. I have that whole other write-up somewhere about it.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

HAHA! Reminds me of that song with the lyric, "There's a dead skunk in the middle of the road...."

Glad to see you and your ride are OK.

pewter
    1999 camaro ss #4288

youre lucky. my cousin-in-law dropped by a little while back. even though it was dark out, i noticed steam coming up from the engine bay. she mentioned she hit a carcass of a deer on the highway. grabbed a flash light to take a look. i had her park the car and took these photos the next morning.

yup, thats trans fluid.

photo of blood and crap (literally) after the car in front of her tagged the deer...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

what size are your rims?? I just bought some just like that in 18X8.5 and 19X10 for my whip.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

17X9.5 with a set of 235/50/17's all the way around, some people say the tire is too narrow for the rim, i would have liked to go wider, but it works for me, fits just fine.

but the 18/19 offset looks good, especially with the C6's, i got the 17's due to price, above 17" the tire and rim costs jump so much. getting something for the back of yours is gonna run atleast 200 a piece for something good.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I paid $575 for all my rims shipped. Tires are gonna be pricey for sure. at least $1,000. I'm getting BF Goodrich G-force KDW's for them. $176 per tire for the front, $275 per tire for the back. That's the cheapest I've found.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah, i was gonna get some KDW's, but they only made some odd sizes in the 17's. i paid $490 for mine shipped.

some guy owed my dad money, he works in tires, so i got mine cheap, dunno how much though, christmas present. it had to be less than $100. They're Hankook's, cheap Korean brand but they grip like a bitch. I can get sideways easier on dry pavement than in the rain

Thread Information