Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a ?

Silver
    99 z28 camaro

Post I have a ?

I am pretty new to the ls1 scene.. i have done some research and i bought a decently modded 99 z28... ALong with what i bought it with a have done some things aswell...... it has headers, custom exaust, ls6 heads(ported of course), ls6 intake, manifold, slp lid, centerforce clutch and flywheel, performance shocks..... thats about it... i was wondering if theres n e thing else that you would reccomend me doing to my baby... im looking for any suggestions, performance, interior, exterior.. im looking to keep her as stock lookin as possible... i have also thought about the ss ram air hood... Please get back to me and tell me what you think..I am definately mechanically inclined and not worried bout the scale of the project..I appriciate any help.. Thanks

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

port the throttle body, get some gears, and subframe connectors. Id drop a nice cam in there as well to work with the heads.

Iraq money well spent. TRY ME GT's Avatar

Black on Black
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    port the throttle body, get some gears, and subframe connectors. Id drop a nice cam in there as well to work with the heads.

I second all 4 of these things would be the best bang for the buck. Probably throw some .410 gears in. Subframe connectors will be very important with all the mods. You might want to do a simple tire change to some street drag radials for better traction as long as you dont have to worry about snow. Have fun man!

Iraq money well spent. TRY ME GT's Avatar

Black on Black
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Oh man FOXRCR...i didn't notice that you are in manassas! There's alot of us with F'bodies around here on this site. Well have to link up sometime so i can check out your new Z.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

sounds like an awesome ride. I agree with everyone else, cam, gears, SFCs, shock tower brace, port the TB, Maybe do the bump stop mod for the TB while you're at it. Remove the screen from the MAF, and cold air intake. Or add some N20.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    sounds like an awesome ride. I agree with everyone else, cam, gears, SFCs, shock tower brace, port the TB, Maybe do the bump stop mod for the TB while you're at it. Remove the screen from the MAF, and cold air intake. Or add some N20.
    Do not add nitrous. The ls1 cant handle nitrous becuase it doesnt have forged internals.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Yeah, sorry i forgot. You have to strengthen the bottom end for nitrous. But you dont even really need it.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Do not add nitrous. The ls1 cant handle nitrous becuase it doesnt have forged internals.

I really hope your kidding......That is the most retarded statement i'ver heard in a while...

Dude spray it if you want the motor will hold up just fine if it's used properly..

White
    1999 Camaro SS

I do agree with a nice sized cam ~.225/.225 .585/.585 on a 112 very nice sized cam.. and some drag radials. (MT dr's)... am install should take about 8 hours if you do it right, and you have the right tools....

maybe a lid, def a ported t/b....

my old camaro went 11.34 @ 126 with a slightly smaller cam/p/p heads,125 shot, LT's and a tune.. 2.0 60ft......

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

your kidding right? a stock ls1 can take a 100 shot quiet well. Just do a wet shot.

white
    2002 z28

x2 i agree

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

i dont no. Iv seen way to many blow up w/ nitrous. And hes already got heads, so it wood make sense to drop a cam in before nitrous

White
    1999 Camaro SS

i dont no. Iv seen way to many blow up w/ nitrous. And hes already got heads, so it wood make sense to drop a cam in before nitrous

Dude next time don't post if you don't know what your talking about... It doesn't matter if you have zero mods-10000000 mods... you can spray a motor anytime...

even though there is a non forged bottom end to motor is still pretty tough...

There is a guy here in orlando that sprayed a 200 shot on a cammed car with a stock bottom end, dynoed 620/600... with perfect a/f ...
    Granted I personally wouldn't do anything that drastic, I like my money to stay in my pocket .... But it can and has been done...

I'd be more worried about the stock 10bolt than the motor.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jwitt2 View Post
    Dude next time don't post if you don't know what your talking about... It doesn't matter if you have zero mods-10000000 mods... you can spray a motor anytime...

even though there is a non forged bottom end to motor is still pretty tough...

There is a guy here in orlando that sprayed a 200 shot on a cammed car with a stock bottom end, dynoed 620/600... with perfect a/f ...
    Granted I personally wouldn't do anything that drastic, I like my money to stay in my pocket .... But it can and has been done...

I'd be more worried about the stock 10bolt than the motor.
    Wow wow chill. I guess i shuda put it another way. By all means go ahead and spray ur motor. Im just saying since u have all those mods done, NOS wood be my last option. I wood put a cam in there before nitrous because he has all the supporting mods and even heads. And just cuz 1 guy sprays his motor and nothing happens doesnt mean its always gonna be like that. An LS1 is a strong motor, but i would more likley spray with an 03/04 cobra.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

As long as you have a good tune, you can spray a 100 shot on a stock bottom end LS1 all day long.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Red
    01 Z28

dude, ls1's can handle 150 shot with tuning, no problem. the guys you see that blow their shit up dont tune it for a 150 shot and dont swap out the platinum plugs for ngk tr6 copper core plugs. there's a right and a wrong way to do everything, and everything (yes even bolt ons) need to be tuned to get all you can from your car.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

i din mean to start a war, im just saying u have all the bolt ons so it wouldnt be a bad idea to drop a car then tune it. THEN you can go ahead and put some juice into it, but look out for that 10 bolt to break. Itll prolly happen soon with the kinda power ur gonna make.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

ummm, excuse me??? guess i better take it off of both of my cars then. hell, i've put 250 to my all stock motor in the black car. 100dry/150wet.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

video of my 50wet/150wet dual stage on the dyno
    http://centralfloridastreetcars.com/...rr23501501.wmv

video of me on 12/17/2006 200 single stage 11.262 @ 122.78
    http://centralfloridastreetcars.com/...006/mrr231.wmv

oh yeah, stock timing to boot
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

dyno of my 100dry/150wet run. fuel pump couldn't keep up, so aborted run

Thread Information